Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A Blessing in Disguise ???
Call me crazy, but could Joe's injury turn out to be a blessing in disguise in the long run? What I mean is that, without Burrow, the coaches were forced to redesign the offense around what best fits Browning's strengths. And that redesign could serve as a blueprint for the offense moving forward into 2024 and the impetus for a Superbowl run when Joe returns next season. I doubt we would have won the Jacksonville game with Joe at QB because we would have been running the same old stagnant sets that just weren't working. Also, this new offensive design has allowed a guy like Chase Brown to display his explosive offensive talents, which , in turn, has allowed Mixon to be more effective. The newfound running game has been huge in keeping defenses honest and allowing for us to hit some big plays downfield. None of this would have happened without the Burrow injury. Not only that, but the Bengals' defense seems to be re-energized with the resurgence of the offense.

It seems to me that he Burrow injury has had a domino effect which has made the team better prepared for a playoff run this season and poised to be a dominant force in the AFC , again, next season when Joe returns. Am I crazy for thinking this way?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
They said in the presser they haven’t changed a thing. They’ve not changed the scheme. They are running the Cincy offense not one catered to Joe. Joe hates under center, seldom hunts out his TE. Joe needs to adapt not the coaches. It’s crystal clear. Now if you want to criticize the coaches for pandering too much to Joe so be it. And I’m not taking anything away from one of the NFL’s top QB’s but there’s some things that would help him if he’d adapt.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I said it in the discord chat...The coaches and team are all having to learn not to rely on Joe pulling things out of the magic hat to move the ball.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I agree and i think this will make Burrow a better QB

Iv accused him of hero ball in his career and i think it’s a valid accusation

Just because Burrow CAN be super accurate doesn’t mean the offense should be centered around his accuracy

This offense needs to be the shit we run with Burrow
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 06:29 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They said in the presser they haven’t changed a thing. They’ve not changed the scheme. They are running the Cincy offense not one catered to Joe. Joe hates under center, seldom hunts out his TE. Joe needs to adapt not the coaches. It’s crystal clear. Now if you want to criticize the coaches for pandering too much to Joe so be it. And I’m not taking anything away from one of the NFL’s top QB’s but there’s some things that would help him if he’d adapt.

He’s lying

We all have eyes

He’s running more

He’s calling more short shit and there is waaaaay more under center play action
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 06:31 PM)pally Wrote: I said it in the discord chat...The coaches and team are all having to learn not to rely on Joe pulling things out of the magic hat to move the ball.

The injury, it seems, is forcing everyone to learn and get better.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
With this offense i don’t know how many games we would’ve lost with a healthy Burrow

I truly feel we’d be undefeated
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 06:33 PM)Housh Wrote: He’s lying

We all have eyes

He’s running more

He’s calling more short shit and there is waaaaay more under center play action

No he’s not. They are under center more because Jake is comfortable and Joe was not. They are running the ball more but Joe does check out of it.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 06:34 PM)Housh Wrote: With this offense i don’t know how many games we would’ve lost with a healthy Burrow

I do this a healthy Burrow, and we'd have been the #1 seed this year. The AFC has regressed in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 06:31 PM)pally Wrote: I said it in the discord chat...The coaches and team are all having to learn not to rely on Joe pulling things out of the magic hat to move the ball.

But isn't Burrow calling out of the run plays, also? 
Reply/Quote
Jake Browning cannot play from Joe Burrow’s playbook. I give the offensive coordinator major credit for installing plays Jake Browning can run successfully.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 06:34 PM)Housh Wrote: With this offense i don’t know how many games we would’ve lost with a healthy Burrow

Yep, I want to this same scintillating offense when Joe returns.  We are putting up 34 ppg the last two games with this offense with Jake at QB. Joe should be able to put up 40 with the same approach of effective running & passing.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I hope Burrow handles a statue of Browning outside of the stadium better than Wentz handled that statue of Foles.
Reply/Quote
Jonah Williams said he thinks the team is playing looser.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 06:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No he’s not. They are under center more because Jake is comfortable and Joe was not. They are running the ball more but Joe does check out of it.

Plus now Chase Brown is healthy whereas before he was not. The hubris of people to just come out and call coaches and players around here liars is amazing. 
Reply/Quote
Maybe Joe will study Jake and learn how to do better with play action. That's something Jake seems very good at..almost Boomeresque.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 06:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hope Burrow handles a statue of Browning outside of the stadium better than Wentz handled that statue of Foles.

Foles has a statue?

I remember Wentz not being a good "teammate" while it was happening, or at least reading quotes about it.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 06:51 PM)pally Wrote: Jonah Williams said he thinks the team is playing looser.

Something is definitely different. Even the defense played better today; they only allowed seven points.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 06:37 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Jake Browning cannot play from Joe Burrow’s playbook.  I give the offensive coordinator major credit for installing plays Jake Browning can run successfully.

He didn't. They haven't run any plays they haven't run all year.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 06:53 PM)grampahol Wrote: Maybe Joe will study Jake and learn how to do better with play action. That's something Jake seems very good at..almost Boomeresque.. 

Yeah I do think Jake's playaction is great, or at least looks great compared to Burrow's lol. And he rolls out better, that isn't something he can teach Joe probably but the playaction, for sure.

Also neither QB pump fakes much, or seems to fool anyone with it. Maybe smol hands lol
Reply/Quote