Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A.J. Agrees To Extension
(09-12-2015, 02:10 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Well it's not THAT big of a deal honestly. There are #2 receivers that make 10 mil or more right now. 14 mil a year isn't a big deal for the player that we are getting. In fact I think it's an A+ deal, and I'm giving massive kudos to the front office.

Yeah, it definitely could have been a lot worse. Just hope some horrible curse doesn't happen to him. I would like some huge game (and obviously a huge season). Here's hoping!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 10:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So we've got Dalton, AJ, Hill, Atkins, Dunlap, MJ, Burfict and 90% of our best pieces locked up for several more seasons.

Maybe all the talk about this being the last year for this group can stop?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/cincinnati-bengals/
There are still a ton of 2016 free agents.
Whit, Andre smith, Leon hall, pacman, Sanu, jones, Nelson, iloka.

Along with many backups. Thompson, Winston, vinnie Rey, Lamur, sims, etc.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 10:17 AM)Bengalfan11164 Wrote: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/cincinnati-bengals/
There are still a ton of 2016 free agents.
Whit, Andre smith, Leon hall, pacman, Sanu, jones, Nelson, iloka.

Along with many backups. Thompson, Winston, vinnie Rey, Lamur, sims, etc.

We've been drafting some suitable replacements, such as Dennard for Hall and Ogbuehi for Smith. I think we can keep either Sanu or Jones, and we'll re-sign Iloka. Smith and Williams can replace Nelson, or we can re-sign him to a short deal.

Lamur and Rey are average starters and Thompson and Sims can easily be replaced by Hardison and Williams, or a few more draft picks.

Outside of Whitworth, Jones and Iloka I don't see any of the free agents as a. required or b. hard to re-sign. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 11:26 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We've been drafting some suitable replacements, such as Dennard for Hall and Ogbuehi for Smith. I think we can keep either Sanu or Jones, and we'll re-sign Iloka. Smith and Williams can replace Nelson, or we can re-sign him to a short deal.

Lamur and Rey are average starters and Thompson and Sims can easily be replaced by Hardison and Williams, or a few more draft picks.

Outside of Whitworth, Jones and Iloka I don't see any of the free agents as a. required or b. hard to re-sign. 

This.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 11:26 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We've been drafting some suitable replacements, such as Dennard for Hall and Ogbuehi for Smith. I think we can keep either Sanu or Jones, and we'll re-sign Iloka. Smith and Williams can replace Nelson, or we can re-sign him to a short deal.

Plus if anything Hall will get a smaller contract.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

What CJD said.

Cannot say it any better.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 01:04 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Plus if anything Hall will get a smaller contract.

If he gets signed, it better be a small one. If not, I'd let him walk. I wouldn't be surprised if it was around 4 million or less. Especially with him playing slot. He probably won't see much playing time unless injuries amount. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 12:26 AM)BengalChris Wrote: It wasn't just the worst game of his career, it was the worst game by any QB in more than a decade, including flat out bad QBs.

He showed he is capable of it and that's enough to set his floor. Not saying that he'll do it again, but the Tampa (15 qbr) game showed us that his floor hasn't really improved in the off season.

So, I won't be surprised if we see it again at some point. I hope we don't, but my confidence level on it isn't that high. The Tampa game was meanless, but the performance wasn't.

This is silly. First off, the bolded part is simply false. Palmer had a 1.7 rating against the Jets in 2009, and that's off the top of my head. You're making stuff up.

Second, the 2.0 game didn't set some mythical floor that he's destined to see or approach again. Preseason stats are meaningless. Dalton's 2nd lowest passer rating was 40.8 way back in his rookie season. The 2.0 game was an anomaly. I'd be willing to bet that Dalton doesn't have a passer rating below 40 this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Dez Bryant just dropped a super easy catch on a 3rd down in the red zone on Sunday Night Football. Is he not elite anymore either???

Figured I'd put this in the most recent A.J. thread since I noticed some knobs suggesting that his drop earlier means he is only a "good" receiver and nothing more.

Turns out, every NFL WR drops important passes sometimes, whoda thunk it?!?
Reply/Quote