Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A.J. Agrees To Extension
So we've got Dalton, AJ, Hill, Atkins, Dunlap, MJ, Burfict and 90% of our best pieces locked up for several more seasons.

Maybe all the talk about this being the last year for this group can stop?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 10:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So we've got Dalton, AJ, Hill, Atkins, Dunlap, MJ, Burfict and 90% of our best pieces locked up for several more seasons.

Nope. Obviously we're going to blow up the team of we don't do anything in the playoffs this season Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 10:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So we've got Dalton, AJ, Hill, Atkins, Dunlap, MJ, Burfict and 90% of our best pieces locked up for several more seasons.

This.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 10:34 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Nope. Obviously we're going to blow up the team of we don't do anything in the playoffs this season Ninja

I don't know about blowing up the team but it might be time to look for a different coach and QB. If you define that as blowing up the team....then so be it.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 10:48 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I don't know about blowing up the team but it might be time to look for a different coach and QB. If you define that as blowing up the team....then so be it.

I doubt we will be getting rid of Dalton before his contract ends at the very least. There is no QB available for a while that's even close to how good Dalton is.
Reply/Quote
Deal done.....now let's address the big question. What quarter of The Oakland game does Green suffer his season ending injury? We all know it's gonna happen....let's just accept it and plan for it. It's science.
Reply/Quote

We'll have to wait and see.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 11:14 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Deal done.....now let's address the big question. What quarter of The Oakland game does Green suffer his season ending injury? We all know it's gonna happen....let's just accept it and plan for it. It's science.

That never happens when we make a big deal. Just look at Burfict last year after we gave him his deal... oh wait... How about Atkins we gave him a big deal and he surely was fine... Oh shit he went down that year too! I mean this couldn't be happening as often as people act! I mean Palmer didn't get hurt after we signed him to a big deal... holy shit...

But in all seriousness we have had other big contracts and nothing happened like Dunlap, and Andre Smith for example.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 10:53 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I doubt we will be getting rid of Dalton before his contract ends at the very least. There is no QB available for a while that's even close to how good Dalton is.

If he has more Clevelandy like games, then he may not make it through the year as the starter, let alone the end of his contract. Can only tolerate so much of that play before you have to cut the cord. If you don't you prevent the development of someone else who may be the guy.

No more excuses allowed anymore. Do it if you can. If you can't then we've got a spot open for someone else to give it a shot. Pretty simple really.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 11:23 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: That never happens when we make a big deal. Just look at Burfict last year after we gave him his deal... oh wait... How about Atkins we gave him a big deal and he surely was fine... Oh shit he went down that year too! I mean this couldn't be happening as often as people act! I mean Palmer didn't get hurt after we signed him to a big deal... holy shit...

But in all seriousness we have had other big contracts and nothing happened like Dunlap, and Andre Smith for example.

I know.....as soon as I heard the news I was like "yeah" .....then I was like "crap".
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 11:25 PM)BengalChris Wrote: If he has more Clevelandy like games, then he may not make it through the year as the starter, let alone the end of his contract. Can only tolerate so much of that play before you have to cut the cord. If you don't you prevent the development of someone else who may be the guy.

No more excuses allowed anymore. Do it if you can. If you can't then we've got a spot open for someone else to give it a shot. Pretty simple really.

You do realize that the Cleveland game was the worst game in his career, and he's never had a game that bad before right?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 11:29 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: You do realize that the Cleveland game was the worst game in his career, and he's never had a game that bad before right?

It wasn't just the worst game of his career, it was the worst game by any QB in more than a decade, including flat out bad QBs.

He showed he is capable of it and that's enough to set his floor. Not saying that he'll do it again, but the Tampa (15 qbr) game showed us that his floor hasn't really improved in the off season.

So, I won't be surprised if we see it again at some point. I hope we don't, but my confidence level on it isn't that high. The Tampa game was meanless, but the performance wasn't.

Reply/Quote
Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 12:26 AM)BengalChris Wrote: It wasn't just the worst game of his career, it was the worst game by any QB in more than a decade, including flat out bad QBs.

He showed he is capable of it and that's enough to set his floor. Not saying that he'll do it again, but the Tampa (15 qbr) game showed us that his floor hasn't really improved in the off season.

So, I won't be surprised if we see it again at some point. I hope we don't, but my confidence level on it isn't that high. The Tampa game was meanless, but the performance wasn't.

Jeff Garcia, Eli Manning, Joey Harrington, Rex Grossman, and Chris Redman had WORSE games than Dalton did within the last 10 seasons (excluding this one since we haven't played yet)

Preseason means nothing. Stop trying to act like it does.

I would be very surprised. It's kind of like winning a lot of money on a scratch off. It happens very rarely.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 12:42 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Jeff Garcia, Eli Manning, Joey Harrington, Rex Grossman, and Chris Redman had WORSE games than Dalton did within the last 10 seasons (excluding this one since we haven't played yet)

Preseason means nothing. Stop trying to act like it does.

I would be very surprised. It's kind of like winning a lot of money on a scratch off. It happens very rarely.

There has also been great QBs who have had a WORSE passer rating than Dalton too. Like Johnny Unitas, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Namath, Dan Fouts, and Warren Moon. Even HoF QBs can have a bad game like Dalton did in the Browns game.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 12:26 AM)BengalChris Wrote: It wasn't just the worst game of his career, it was the worst game by any QB in more than a decade, including flat out bad QBs.

Except that it really was meaningless.  Just liked Matt Flynn's preseason performances were meaningless, and AJ McCarron's preseason performances were meaningless.  It's not your fault.  Whoever tracks preseason QBR is to blame.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

But nobody ever talks about what good he is capable of. There is plenty of that on tape. Cincinnati fans, again, focusing on the negatives here.

Oh, and on that topic, not a fan of AJ's deal

WHO DEY!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 01:57 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: But nobody ever talks about what good he is capable of. There is plenty of that on tape. Cincinnati fans, again, focusing on the negatives here.

Oh, and on that topic, not a fan of AJ's deal

WHO DEY!

Why don't you like Greens deal? It's not that big of a hit to the cap. The cap hit on his contract is $14.75 million in 2015, $13 million in 2016, $13.5 million in 2017, $13.75 million in 2018, and $15.176 million in 2019.

We will be able to sign all they key pieces on the team, because Green doesn't break the bank.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 02:01 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Why don't you like Greens deal? It's not that big of a hit to the cap. The cap hit on his contract is $14.75 million in 2015, $13 million in 2016, $13.5 million in 2017, $13.75 million in 2018, and $15.176 million in 2019.

We will be able to sign all they key pieces on the team, because Green doesn't break the bank.

I, personally, have never been a fan of big deals. Regardless, the inevitable thing for us to do was to sign him to a big deal. So, I was going to be butt-hurt by the entire thing. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 02:02 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I, personally, have never been a fan of big deals. Regardless, the inevitable thing for us to do was to sign him to a big deal. So, I was going to be butt-hurt by the entire thing. 

Well it's not THAT big of a deal honestly. There are #2 receivers that make 10 mil or more right now. 14 mil a year isn't a big deal for the player that we are getting. In fact I think it's an A+ deal, and I'm giving massive kudos to the front office.
Reply/Quote