Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A.J. Green Out Longer Than Reported 6 to 8 Weeks
I've thought that he was going to be out longer than that since the injury first happened. Just basing it off of Eiferts injury, which was basically the same injury Green has.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 12:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's 31 now. I doubt he's still in his prime at 34/34.

He doesn't rely on speed though so that part should age well. But he does rely on jumping which will go sooner rather than later.

I'd say Randy Moss is a good comparison and age 32 was his last 1000 yard year. Then he fell off a cliff at age 33. No absolutes though. Jerry Rice put up 1000 yards at age 40.

Moss is hard to gauge though. He would straight up loaf at times when he wasn't happy. He looked spent as a Raider, then had a couple of great seasons in NE. I know he went back to Minnesota, but I don't remember how well he played. Spent some time in Tennessee, and finished up a 49er or something.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 04:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

This is why I said they just needed to IR the guy before the season started. He's not even going to practice this week. That means even if he practices next week, he likely won't play since he won't be up to speed/condition. That's likely 5 weeks missed.

I would much rather have had him just miss the extra time and come back Week 10 after the Week 9 bye at 100% in both health and conditioning.

8 weeks of 100% AJ is better than 10-11 weeks of 75% AJ (with a greater chance of him getting reinjured).

(PS Pistons, when embedding a Tweet, you can remove the <script> bits at the end and it won't look all janky.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 04:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This is why I said they just needed to IR the guy before the season started. He's not even going to practice this week. That means even if he practices next week, he likely won't play since he won't be up to speed/condition. That's likely 5 weeks missed.

I would much rather have had him just miss the extra time and come back Week 10 after the Week 9 bye at 100% in both health and conditioning.

8 weeks of 100% AJ is better than 10-11 weeks of 75% AJ (with a greater chance of him getting reinjured).

Agreed, especially with how the season is going. Just keep the man healthy. Him coming back is going to save the season, an IR would have been fine. AT this point, I would imagine they make sure he is 100% and okay before putting him out there. No point in rushing him back.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 04:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This is why I said they just needed to IR the guy before the season started. He's not even going to practice this week. That means even if he practices next week, he likely won't play since he won't be up to speed/condition. That's likely 5 weeks missed.

(PS Pistons, when embedding a Tweet, you can remove the <script> bits at the end and it won't look all janky.)

(09-23-2019, 04:56 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Agreed, especially with how the season is going. Just keep the man healthy. Him coming back is going to save the season, an IR would have been fine. AT this point, I would imagine they make sure he is 100% and okay before putting him out there. No point in rushing him back.

There is a possibility the player is the one fighting this; as it is a contract year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 04:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There is a possibility the player is the one fighting this; as it is a contract year.

I'd forgotten about this, good point. It's probably a struggle to balance coming back and playing well for a big contract vs coming back too soon and getting hurt, but if he comes back sooner and doesn't get hurt, then more production to justify a big contract.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 04:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There is a possibility the player is the one fighting this; as it is a contract year.

Tiger Ding, Ding, Ding!! We have a winner...

I've thought this for some time now. AJ isn't stupid. He knows what a turd this team is. 

I've also thought AJ is the Johnathan Joseph v2.0 AJ won't be here any longer than he has to be. He wants to go to a winner before he hangs it up...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote

Fighting what?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 06:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Fighting what?

Keeping him out longer.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 06:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Keeping him out longer.

Meaning the team is trying to keep him out longer than necessary?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 06:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Meaning the team is trying to keep him out longer than necessary?

I’m sure they want to as cautious as possible, while AJ just wants to get back on the field ASAP.

Reply/Quote

I think you are correct.  The Bengals could have kept someone else on the 53 until he came back.  However, I think Jonah Williams feels he can make it back and if I am not mistaken, the team can only bring one player back after 8 weeks. Not sure though.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 06:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think you are correct.  The Bengals could have kept someone else on the 53 until he came back.  However, I think Jonah Williams feels he can make it back and if I am not mistaken, the team can only bring one player back after 8 weeks. Not sure though.  

Dennard is on Reserve. Assuming he's who they bring back.

Jonah won't be able to come back. No way will he have strength enough to play.
Reply/Quote
This is good news I guess

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote

Going on IR
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dennard is on Reserve. Assuming he's who they bring back.

Jonah won't be able to come back. No way will he have strength enough to play.

Dennard is on PUP which means he is eligible to return as early as week 7. We would still have 2 guys we can bring back from IR

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

If you think as a player would, AJ has no contract beyond this season, if he returns early and reinjures his foot( ala 2018) he loses any leverage for a new contract . He needs to play at some point this season to show he is still an elite player but he could do that even if he only plays six games. I don't expect him back for at least three more games.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 11:22 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I've thought that he was going to be out longer than that since the injury first happened. Just basing it off of Eiferts injury, which was basically the same injury Green has.

Eifert broke his ankle......so no.
Reply/Quote