Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A.J. Green Out Longer Than Reported 6 to 8 Weeks
(09-23-2019, 05:42 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger Ding, Ding, Ding!! We have a winner...

I've thought this for some time now. AJ isn't stupid. He knows what a turd this team is. 

I've also thought AJ is the Johnathan Joseph v2.0 AJ won't be here any longer than he has to be. He wants to go to a winner before he hangs it up...

This "turd" team would most likely have beaten Seattle and Buffalo if AJ were on the field, and  be 2-1, so no on that one too.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 04:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This is why I said they just needed to IR the guy before the season started. He's not even going to practice this week. That means even if he practices next week, he likely won't play since he won't be up to speed/condition. That's likely 5 weeks missed.

I would much rather have had him just miss the extra time and come back Week 10 after the Week 9 bye at 100% in both health and conditioning.

8 weeks of 100% AJ is better than 10-11 weeks of 75% AJ (with a greater chance of him getting reinjured).

(PS Pistons, when embedding a Tweet, you can remove the <script> bits at the end and it won't look all janky.)

There is no way I wanted AJ back for the Pissburgh game, because you know they would all be targeting his ankle. Next week or two is fine with me.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 10:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: There is no way I wanted AJ back for the Pissburgh game, because you know they would all be targeting his ankle. Next week or two is fine with me.

I want him back on the field, ASAP.  Just his presence commands attention and respect from opposing defenses.  Even in a "decoy" role, he's going to draw some double coverage.  I like Ross, Boyd, and Eifert's chances in one on one matchups.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 05:42 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger Ding, Ding, Ding!! We have a winner...

I've thought this for some time now. AJ isn't stupid. He knows what a turd this team is. 

I've also thought AJ is the Johnathan Joseph v2.0 AJ won't be here any longer than he has to be. He wants to go to a winner before he hangs it up...

You do realize Jospeh didn’t ever sign a contract extension and green did.

The two are nothing alike, outside of they are both talented.
Reply/Quote
That's what happens when you go under the knife of the Bengals butcher for a sprained ankle...
Reply/Quote
He is past his prime
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 08:23 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He is past his prime

You are correct.  However, even at an advanced age, a healthy AJ Green will command a double team that creates one on one matchups for our other talent.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 10:02 AM)pally Wrote:

Geeeeeeez.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 11:38 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: That's what happens when you go under the knife of the Bengals butcher for a sprained ankle...

Are you that ignorant of how things work that you actually believe the Bengals medical staff operates on the players, or are you just throwing shade to see where it lands?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 10:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Eifert broke his ankle......so no.

Well, I'll let this slide because Eifert has had a billion injuries. I'm talking about when he got hurt at the pro bowl. It was the same injury as what Green has, and had to have the same surgery. I looked at the recovery time from the surgery and it didnt look good for Green.
Reply/Quote
According to posters on rotoworld AJ wants a new deal so he may not be back until week 12 or later. They are saying he is pulling a Jalen Ramsey.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 11:50 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: According to posters on rotoworld AJ wants a new deal so he may not be back until week 12 or later. They are saying he is pulling a Jalen Ramsey.

Hmm, interesting if true.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 11:50 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: According to posters on rotoworld AJ wants a new deal so he may not be back until week 12 or later. They are saying he is pulling a Jalen Ramsey.

You really can't blame the man... He has to look out for himself. It sucks that it happened during the first practice, because we all know he was gonna get extended before the season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Any thoughts on what AJ's next contract will be now that he's going to miss probably 1/2 the season? I think it's a really sticky one and I'm glad I'm not the one to have to figure it out. Either you'll overpay and he gets hurt again or you lowball him because of the injuries, he gets mad and leaves anyway. It's almost a lose-lose situation. I think there's a real possibility this is the last season we see Green in a Bengals uniform.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 11:55 AM)jason Wrote: You really can't blame the man... He has to look out for himself. It sucks that it happened during the first practice, because we all know he was gonna get extended before the season.

True, but if he's doing this it goes against the sort of "just wants to play for the Bengals" mantra and persona we are used to.
Reply/Quote
It's sort of sickening that more and more owners/players care more about the buisiness aspect of football than actually playing for a team and only concerned about winning. that with garbage officiating may cause me by next year to have complete apathy and lose interest altogether, never thought this could actually happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 11:59 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Any thoughts on what AJ's next contract will be now that he's going to miss probably 1/2 the season?  I think it's a really sticky one and I'm glad I'm not the one to have to figure it out.  Either you'll overpay and he gets hurt again or you lowball him because of the injuries, he gets mad and leaves anyway.  It's almost a lose-lose situation.  I think there's a real possibility this is the last season we see Green in a Bengals uniform.

If Green or Dalton leave here on good terms it won't surprise me because they seem like very likable guys, but we have a history of players leaving on bad terms and the fanbase being glad they are gone.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 11:59 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Any thoughts on what AJ's next contract will be now that he's going to miss probably 1/2 the season?  I think it's a really sticky one and I'm glad I'm not the one to have to figure it out.  Either you'll overpay and he gets hurt again or you lowball him because of the injuries, he gets mad and leaves anyway.  It's almost a lose-lose situation.  I think there's a real possibility this is the last season we see Green in a Bengals uniform.

Knowing Mike Brown he will franchise him out of spite
Reply/Quote
This entire situation smells. It's almost like AJ Green's agent leaked this to Schefter. Even if he is 100 percent he can be like "I'm still feeling soreness coach dont think i'm ready yet". Its like AJ knows he wont be ready in 2 weeks. Give me a contract extension and you will receive a miraculous recovery.
Reply/Quote