Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A.J. Green Out Longer Than Reported 6 to 8 Weeks
(09-30-2019, 11:59 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Any thoughts on what AJ's next contract will be now that he's going to miss probably 1/2 the season?  I think it's a really sticky one and I'm glad I'm not the one to have to figure it out.  Either you'll overpay and he gets hurt again or you lowball him because of the injuries, he gets mad and leaves anyway.  It's almost a lose-lose situation.  I think there's a real possibility this is the last season we see Green in a Bengals uniform.

Similar to Julio Jones contract I would guess.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 01:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Similar to Julio Jones contract I would guess.

I don’t think so. He hasn’t stayed as healthy as Julio in recent years, or put up those kinds of numbers. No way he gets 22 mil a year. I’d say more like around what he’s getting now (15 mil) but with less term this time. Maybe 3 years.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 12:03 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Knowing Mike Brown he will franchise him out of spite

It costs nearly 17 mil to franchise a WR in 2019. That is going to be higher in 2020. He is only getting 15 mil per year so that would be a raise. If he franchises AJ that will be guaranteed money. If they are serious about him returning they would sign him before the season ends if he proves he can stay healthy. He was injured eight games last year and who knows what game he will return this year so basically he will get 15 mil for zero production. 
Reply/Quote
Making me look foolish for picking him up in the middle rounds of my FFB drafts. At that time, he was only expected to miss maybe 3 games... Whatever
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
He isnt worth Julio money
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 06:10 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: He isnt worth Julio money

Julio probably isn’t worth Julio money. The only players that should be making that much are QB’s.

Maybe guys like Donald or Watt that can completely dominate a game, but even then...

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 06:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Julio probably isn’t worth Julio money. The only players that should be making that much are QB’s.

Maybe guys like Donald or Watt that can completely dominate a game, but even then...

Watt? When is the last time he dominated?

Khalil Mack... okay. Watt???? You are living in the past.... and who knows where you get your ideas currently.

Julio is the best WR in the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 06:29 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Watt? When is the last time he dominated?

Khalil Mack... okay. Watt???? You are living in the past.... and who knows where you get your ideas currently.

Umm...like a week ago when he had multiple sacks against the Chargers?

It’s funny you accuse me of “living in the past” and in the same post act like it’s undebatable that Julio (at 30) is still the best WR in the game when he’s not even top 10 in yds, and is only tied for 10th in receptions through the first quarter of the season...

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 06:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Umm...like a week ago when he had multiple sacks against the Chargers?

It’s funny you accuse me of “living in the past” and in the same post act like it’s undebatable that Julio (at 30) is still the best WR in the game when he’s not even top 10 in yds, and is only tied for 10th in receptions through the first quarter of the season...

Funny. He isn't even in the top 10 in sacks. And he didn't even get a sack in the first 2 games. He has 3 sacks total.

The multiple sacks against the Chargers... 2.

DOMINANT
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 01:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Similar to Julio Jones contract I would guess.

Last 3 years:
Julio Jones  284 Catches/4,530 Yards (16.0 AVG)/17 TD
AJ Green  187 Catches/2,736 Yards (14.6 AVG)/18 TD

AJ Green has never been a 1st Team All-Pro, and hasn't been a 2nd Team All-Pro since 2013.
Julio Jones is a 2x 1st Team All-Pro, and has been a 1st or 2nd Team All-Pro each of the last 4 years.

Top that with AJ not even playing yet this year, and being a year older than Julio, and there's no way that AJ sniffs Julio Jones money. He will be 32 next season, and have been hurt 3 of the last 4 years and probably under 1k yards 3 of the last 4 years too. Probably better comparisons for the next AJ Green contract:

Golden Tate  4yr/$37.5m
DeSean Jackson  3yr/$27.9m
Emmanuel Sanders  3yr/$33m

(09-30-2019, 06:29 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Watt? When is the last time he dominated?

Watt was a 1st Team All-Pro last year. He had 16 sacks and 7 FF.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 07:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Watt was a 1st Team All-Pro last year. He had 16 sacks and 7 FF.

yeah.... I see that now. He just isn't the 2015 media beast he once was.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 03:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Making me look foolish for picking him up in the middle rounds of my FFB drafts. At that time, he was only expected to miss maybe 3 games... Whatever

Nah... I have him too, but got him in the 9th. The moment you cut him loose, he'll be back. Someone did that with Melvin Gordon in my league. A week later he's back, and now he's mine.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
AJ looking good on the sideline working that resistance band.
Reply/Quote
I'm calling 100% BS on the holdout ala Jalen Ramsey scenario. AJ is not that kind of player. He knows he will get a good deal here, and will let his agent handle it.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 07:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm calling 100% BS on the holdout ala Jalen Ramsey scenario. AJ is not that kind of player. He knows he will get a good deal here, and will let his agent handle it.

Yeah, I don’t but it either.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 07:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Last 3 years:
Julio Jones  284 Catches/4,530 Yards (16.0 AVG)/17 TD
AJ Green  187 Catches/2,736 Yards (14.6 AVG)/18 TD

AJ Green has never been a 1st Team All-Pro, and hasn't been a 2nd Team All-Pro since 2013.
Julio Jones is a 2x 1st Team All-Pro, and has been a 1st or 2nd Team All-Pro each of the last 4 years.

Top that with AJ not even playing yet this year, and being a year older than Julio, and there's no way that AJ sniffs Julio Jones money. He will be 32 next season, and have been hurt 3 of the last 4 years and probably under 1k yards 3 of the last 4 years too. Probably better comparisons for the next AJ Green contract:

Golden Tate  4yr/$37.5m
DeSean Jackson  3yr/$27.9m
Emmanuel Sanders  3yr/$33m

Watt was a 1st Team All-Pro last year. He had 16 sacks and 7 FF.

Do you think Julio would have better numbers than AJ if he had Dalton for his QB all those years?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 07:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm calling 100% BS on the holdout ala Jalen Ramsey scenario. AJ is not that kind of player. He knows he will get a good deal here, and will let his agent handle it.

I agree completely. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 07:55 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Do you think Julio would have better numbers than AJ if he had Dalton for his QB all those years?

Yes, because Matt Ryan is a good QB, and better than Dalton, but not THAT good. 

I think that Marvin being HC probably would hurt Julio's numbers more than Dalton being QB. At the end of the day, though, Julio has had 4 seasons with more yardage than AJ's career high. He was 7 yards away from having 3 seasons with 1,600+ yards, and has the 2nd most receiving yards in a single season in NFL history. He's a Hall of Famer.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don’t blame AJ one bit.

I too would milk it for as long as I possibly could given the disaster this season is, and we’re only at week five.
Reply/Quote