Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A NEW Fan Base Arrives Saturday
(01-13-2022, 04:32 PM)Tony Wrote: It's weird, but I'm not worried about this game at all. There is nothing about the raiders that scares you.. Easy win..

I am a little concerned about the Raiders D-line.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 05:06 PM)M.W. Wrote: I am a little concerned about the Raiders D-line.

It's a very valid concern in my opinion.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 05:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, I also think the Raiders are going to have just as much trouble with Hendrickson honestly as Carr struggles when pressured.

I am just giving myself some caution. I see us winning this game and winning it handily myself, I am a long time Bengal fan though.

Hard not to be a bit jaded going into any Playoff game after all these years, but this isn't the Marv coached Bengals either.

If Hendrickson and the other D-lineman play well I believe it will equate into several turn overs and an easy win. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 03:20 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: What about fans from Australia?

(01-13-2022, 03:22 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: There are a couple of Australian fans.

[Image: terminator-thumbs-up-meme-arnold-schwarz...175b3f.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 05:06 PM)M.W. Wrote: I am a little concerned about the Raiders D-line.

They just lost a starting DT. 

But otherwise yes the defense is winning the games for LV recently. At least they are much improved and playing better. The D ran out of gas last time they played the Bengals. The Raiders offense stunk up that game. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:44 PM)LV-FrontRow Wrote: They just lost a starting DT. 

But otherwise yes the defense is winning the games for LV recently. At least they are much improved and playing better. The D ran out of gas last time they played the Bengals. The Raiders offense stunk up that game. 

I feel your pain. We were like that.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 11:15 AM)Munich Bengals Wrote: Here's one from good old Germany, too.  Wink

Please don't beat up the Austrian.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 09:47 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I for one welcome any and all. If it means a singular GD playoff win I’ll personally shake everyone’s hand who wants to come along. Also, I’ll streak.

My Christmas tree is still up so I have something to light on fire when we win this week.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
GET OFF MY DAMNED PORCH!  and go buy tickets to Bengals games at PBS..  ThumbsUp Last thing I need is a million people all piling on my porch asking to bum cigarettes and beer all day. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 08:21 PM)grampahol Wrote: GET OFF MY DAMNED PORCH!  and go buy tickets to Bengals games at PBS..  ThumbsUp Last thing I need is a million people all piling on my porch asking to bum cigarettes and beer all day. 

I wouldn't do that to you. But if you have the heat, I'll bring the meat.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is a bit optimistic of me, but when Chad said he made it cool to be a Bengals fan, he was right.  They got lots of young fans from his play and that team's high-powered offenses.

Burrow and the boys are taking that to a much higher level and have the chance to grow the fan base on a national, hell...global level.  No one was a Pats fan outside of a few drunk Bostonians a few decades ago now they have a massive following.  Not saying the Bengals are the next Pats (although CJ would correct me and say "why not"), but you get what I am saying. 

Yeah lots of Patriot fans in Australia, we also have a lot of Cowboys fans but Patriots are probably the biggest.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 09:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It starts on Saturday.

The fan base of the Cincinnati Bengals is going to expand exponentially when the entire nation sees this team in action in The Jungle with the best fans in all of the NFL in attendance.

With the exception of the Thursday Night game against Jacksonville the Bengals have not had the singular focus of the nation this season.  

On Saturday all that changes and, win or lose, the Bengals will entice a whole new generation of fans.  This will be the beginning of the Bengals becoming one of the few teams in the NFL with national fanbases like Dallas, Pittsburgh, or New England.  Soon you’re going to see kids wearing Joe Burrow or Ja’Marr Chase jerseys from Boston to Bakersfield.

This message board will soon gain new members as well.

Cincinnati is fun to watch.  Fans love that.  On offense and defense the Bengals feature playmakers at every level and on special teams Evan McPherson is a freak.  One bomb from Burrow to Chase, one pounding run by Joe Mixon, one crushing sack by Trey Hendrickson, and maybe an interception from Chidobe Awuzie will be all it takes.  

New fans will fall for this exciting young team.

Oh God, it almost makes me sick to think about it. Should the Bengals reach, or win, the Super Bowl, then all of a sudden you're gonna start to see Bengals jerseys all over the place.  Sick

Just like every year. Not a single Chiefs jersey was ever seen in my state. They win the SB and all of a sudden Chiefs fans are everywhere. Same with the Bucs. Same with the Broncos. And Seahawks. 

Bunch of bandwagoners.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote