Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Very Concerning Reality
So far this season, the Bengals have had 4 shots to beat a team with a winning record. The results:

0-4 record
Outscored 64-116
Held to 17 points or less in all 4
Allowed 28 or more in the last 3
Reply/Quote
Team has regressed sadly. Be lucky to even make the playoffs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Playoffs ain't gonna happen, but the team motto always prevails, 'There's always next year!'
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It's a coaching issue, and it's not just Marvin. Our position coaching has seriously regressed.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
This team will be lucky to get 6 wins this year
Reply/Quote
Is it giving up your fan card if you just stop watching games the rest of the year? I'm not a Browns fan, what's the purpose of wasting Sunday afternoons watching your team lose? lol.

Seems like if nobody was in the home games something would change.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Little tings here or there haven't gone our way; its been luck, coaching, refs, a whole combination of things.

2 of the losses were truly because we were beaten down.

The other two, there was too much bullshit, not to mention that we were in both games until the relative end (hell, one of them, we were leading until under 10 left in the 4th). If things go our way in both those games, we're 4-2 instead and in great shape.

Sorry, until we go 9-7/8-8, not giving up on this team because truly, anything can happen in any given week.

I'm not an angry, negative person like most people here.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:23 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It's a coaching issue, and it's not just Marvin.  Our position coaching has seriously regressed.

I sort of agree.

I think we had some very quality players at a lot of positions that let our position coaches get lazy on the newer guys. When you've got guys playing consistently decent — and the anticipation they're coming back next season because that's how we typically try to handle things — you maybe don't place as much emphasis on developing your #4-5 receivers or your #3 TE. You don't build up your linemen as much as you should.

This is going to be a rough season, and a lot rougher than what some (including myself) were expecting. I really didn't think Oogei would be that big of a step back (which is his only move), but he has been. Our defenders are a step off. We've got a long way to go before we get competitive.
Reply/Quote
It's not angry/negativity, it's reality.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Little tings here or there haven't gone our way; its been luck, coaching, refs, a whole combination of things.

The other two, there was too much bullshit, not to mention that we were in both games until the relative end (hell, one of them, we were leading until under 10 left in the 4th). If things go our way in both those games, we're 4-2 instead and in great shape.

Sorry, until we go 9-7/8-8, not giving up on this team because truly, anything can happen in any given week.

Unfortunately, if's and but's don't show up in the win column. 

I'm not giving up on the season, and I still hold out hope that they can turn things around sooner than later, but there are also some very legit reasons to be concerned right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Little tings here or there haven't gone our way; its been luck, coaching, refs, a whole combination of things.

I'm not an angry, negative person like most people here.

I'm not angry or negative, but we never budged the Pats from their game plan. They did what they were going to do, they did it all day long, and we didn't have an answer. If they had played two more quarter, you'd have seen another 20 or so points from them and maybe a score by us.

If you can't make a team change what it's doing, they're going to do whatever they want.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Unfortunately, if's and but's don't show up in the win column.

I'm not giving up on the season, and I still hold out hope that they can get the ship righted, but there are also some very legit reasons to be concerned right now.

Ain't that the sad truth?

But yes, your second statement is my sentiment as well, but we have too many good things to b negative and down on this team.

If we were the Browns in this sitch, I'd've canned it in 3 weeks ago.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:23 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It's a coaching issue, and it's not just Marvin.  Our position coaching has seriously regressed.

It's a leadership issue.  Part of it is coaching, part of it is the players.  Case in point, Pacman throws a temper tantrum after a defensive holding call, carries on so long that he doesn't get lined up, and we have to burn a timeout late on D.  Or the team totally imploding after a phantom holding call, giving up a safety and letting the Pats drive down the field on the ensuing drive to take control of the game.  This team is mentally weak.

Pacman and Burfict need to go.  Neither guy is making enough plays to be worth the bs anymore.  Marvin needs to go, and we need an entire coaching reboot with a new attitude.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:33 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm not angry or negative, but we never budged the Pats from their game plan. They did what they were going to do, they did it all day long, and we didn't have an answer. If they had played two more quarter, you'd have seen another 20 or so points from them and maybe a score by us.

If you can't make a team change what it's doing, they're going to do whatever they want.
They really did nothing in the first half; they played their game and we shut them down.

Second half was a different story, but that first half, they really couldn't do much of anything against us; even that first drive, other than Dansby, we did a great job as well.
Reply/Quote

I agree 100%. An entirely new staff with this roster would do wonders
Reply/Quote
Fire all of them even Lewis. He is the worst HC in all of the NFL. Then you add a horrible owner and this it what we get as fans. No Playoff wins in over 20 years
Reply/Quote
Marvin is now 1-6 against the Pat's and 29-50 (including playoffs) against the 5 most successful AFC teams - in terms of RS and PO wins - during his 13+ years here.

Those 5 teams (who comprise the AFC SB representatives for the past 13 years) and Marvin's record against them (including playoffs):

Ravens (16-10)
Steelers (8-21)
Colts (2-6)
Broncos (2-7)
Patriots (1-6)
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Marvin is now 1-6 against the Pat's and 29-50 (including playoffs) against the 5 most successful AFC teams - in terms of RS and PO wins - during his 13+ years here.

In short, he's a complete loser when it counts
Reply/Quote
This team has zero discipline ! Face it fellas we're going nowhere with Marvin at the helm. Like whatever says Jones running around for two minutes having a fit after he held the receiver for three steps. Which gave the Patriots a first down, extended the drive and resulted in a score for them I believe.

Zampese just sin't an NFL caliber OC but we'll stay with him. We're just a train wreck. It's not that we lost, we lost with no discipline, we lost with horrible play calling - back to back runs with no time in 4th down two scores. Throw a fade on 3rd and goal from the 6 inch line and on and on.

We have no chance against the big dawgs. And if by some miracle the players overcome the horrible coaching and complete lack of discipline we'll just implode in the wildcard round again.

Sadly it's hopeless until Katie gets the reins, at least I'm holding out hope for then.
Reply/Quote
Lewis is terrible, but Brown brings him back every year, and then Brown with all his football wisdom lets Zimmer leave for the Vikings. Brown and Lewis are a perfect match both are clueless
Reply/Quote