Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bullying fine?
(05-07-2016, 01:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No they didn't.  That is what happened in the movies, but not so much in real life.

That is just foolish talk.   I stood up for people all the time.   Still do it today if I see someone taking a lot of grief.   
(05-07-2016, 06:07 PM)Benton Wrote: Sometimes. Sometimes the kid is a bully because of a rough home life. But sometimes the kid is just a ****.

True.   But parents need to also show their kids how to deal with a bully as well.   Not just cry to an adult.    I do think that fighting shouldn't be an auto expulsion in school.    Just takes away the tried and true bullying fix.  
(05-07-2016, 01:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  That is why we have courts to decide these things.

I cant think of anything more important for our court system to be doing than figuring out if little Tina was really being bullied when Linda said her shoes were dumb. Talk about figuring out the real issues. We are getting close here.
I'd like to know how many anti abortion people are pro big government to pass out bully fines.

When you force a shitbag to have a kid they dont want. Good chance they will be a shitbag parent. And raise a shitbag kid. Sure that isnt 100%, people can change. But id guess the odds are higher for a shitty parenting job from someone that didnt even want a kid.

And now fining the lowlife who cant raise a kid they didnt want fixes the problem?
(05-08-2016, 02:57 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I'd like to know how many anti abortion people are pro  big government to pass out bully fines.

When you force a shitbag to have a kid they dont want. Good chance they will be a shitbag parent. And raise a shitbag kid. Sure that isnt 100%, people can change. But id guess the odds are higher for a shitty parenting job from someone that didnt even want a kid.

And now fining the lowlife who cant raise a kid they didnt want fixes the problem?

Being anti abortion doesn't mean you are forcing anyone to raise a child.   They can give it up for adoption.   

Btw Count me into the anti abortion and anti bully fine.   
And what if the parents can't control their kid? I know the pronponents won't support striking a child or other more extreme measures...

So what? The bullied have "safe zones" to look forward to at college.
--------------------------------------------------------

(05-08-2016, 05:51 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: And what if the parents can't control their kid? I know the pronponents won't support striking a child or other more extreme measures...

So what? The bullied have "safe zones" to look forward to at college.

Then the child could have a psych evaluation and be determined to have a mental issue.
The child would then be issued an IEP.
The IEP would likely dictate that child would need astute supervision and appoint a state payed handler.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individualized_Education_Program
(05-08-2016, 10:09 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Then the child could have a psych evaluation and be determined to have a mental issue.
The child would then be issued an IEP.
The IEP would likely dictate that child would need astute supervision and appoint a state payed handler.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individualized_Education_Program

How is that good for the general public?  As the general public pays the taxes that pay the State paid handler.

Putting a fine on the parents at least makes them partly responsible for the monster they created.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-08-2016, 02:57 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I'd like to know how many anti abortion people are pro  big government to pass out bully fines.

Every time?  It won't.

But this isn't the fantasy wild, wild west anymore.  There should be no problem with going to parents and asking THEM to be responsible for their children and their children's behaviors.

"Personal responsibility" being one of the cornerstones of one political party's platform.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-08-2016, 12:52 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That is just foolish talk.   I stood up for people all the time.   Still do it today if I see someone taking a lot of grief.   

Rolleyes

In the real world:

I stood up and stand up for people to...never had to punch one in the face to get them to back off.  So my personal experience carries as much weight as yours.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-08-2016, 10:27 AM)GMDino Wrote: Every time?  It won't.

But this isn't the fantasy wild, wild west anymore.  There should be no problem with going to parents and asking THEM to be responsible for their children and their children's behaviors.

"Personal responsibility" being one of the cornerstones of one political party's platform.

I agree completely.  Parents are held accountable for things like excessive truancy.  Why not for behavioral issues, as well?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
A is a bully. B is his favorite target. B reports A. A is expelled and his parents are fined. Does that make A stop or just piss him off enough to step up the bullying?

This is a very complicated issue. Does bringing the gov't into complicated issues simplify them or further complicate them?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(05-08-2016, 10:23 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How is that good for the general public?  As the general public pays the taxes that pay the State paid handler.

Putting a fine on the parents at least makes them partly responsible for the monster they created.

I did not necessarily mean in lieu of fines.

The taxpayer footing the bill would suck.
However, it may be saving money in the long run.
It could be preventing a career criminal form being created and living off of the taxpayer's dime, for the rest of their lives.

I also believe there are federal grants (still taxpayer money, I know) for children with social disorders.
There are certified volunteers, as well.

Regardless, as others have said, this type of thing is incredibly tricky to deal with and every case is different.
Please return to the topic at hand in the OP. TY.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(05-08-2016, 12:55 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: True.   But parents need to also show their kids how to deal with a bully as well.   Not just cry to an adult.    I do think that fighting shouldn't be an auto expulsion in school.    Just takes away the tried and true bullying fix.  

All this does is lead to gang related activity.

Human history has already tried the old "No rule of law.  let the people work out their own problems."  And it did not work out very well.  With no authority to impose rules and control all we have are endless battles for power.

Some of you mat have grown up in a sheltered environment where all it took to end a bully problem was a punch in the nose, but when I was growing up if you punched a bully then the next day he came back with some friends.  Real life is much different than the movies.  

In fact the worst cases of bullying are when large groups pick out one kid to pick on.  Bullies are not always loner type assholes.  Often times the most popular kids act as a group to bully the weak outcasts.
(05-09-2016, 09:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: All this does is lead to gang related activity.

Human history has already tried the old "No rule of law.  let the people work out their own problems."  And it did not work out very well.  With no authority to impose rules and control all we have are endless battles for power.

Some of you mat have grown up in a sheltered environment where all it took to end a bully problem was a punch in the nose, but when I was growing up if you punched a bully then the next day he came back with some friends.  Real life is much different than the movies.  

In fact the worst cases of bullying are when large groups pick out one kid to pick on.  Bullies are not always loner type assholes.  Often times the most popular kids act as a group to bully the weak outcasts.

Way to jump the shark.    I would hardly call any of this gang related activity.    
(05-09-2016, 12:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Way to jump the shark.    I would hardly call any of this gang related activity.    

That is exactly what happens when you tell the kids to handle the problem themselves.  One guy gets beaten up so he goes and gets his friends for revenge.  then the other guy has to get his friends.  All it does is get worse insteadd of better.
(05-09-2016, 12:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is exactly what happens when you tell the kids to handle the problem themselves.  One guy gets beaten up so he goes and gets his friends for revenge.  then the other guy has to get his friends.  All it does is get worse insteadd of better.

Allowing them the ability and to encourage them to solve their own problems is never a bad idea.    You are being over the top.  It's not going to lead to gang wars.    There will be the occaisional fist fight. 
(05-09-2016, 12:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:     There will be the occaisional fist fight. 

And the bully will win most of them which solves nothing.
(05-09-2016, 01:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And the bully will win most of them which solves nothing.

Come on man. Karate kid like training bro. Never fails.

Problem is kids today are too quick to bring a gun.

If it is some little simple shit where a kid keeps making fun of another kid standing up to them with words or violence may solve it. If it is a bully literally inflicting harm on another kid who is powerless to stop it, you tell the teacher.