Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bullying fine?
(05-09-2016, 01:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And the bully will win most of them which solves nothing.

Still many bullied kids will not be bullied any longer hecause they stood up for themselves.    You will never eradicate bullying.....   But to take away someone's chance to defeat their bully is wrong and partly why we have a generation of soft people who can't stand up for themselves without safe spaces or calling someone a racist, sexist, transphobe, islamaphobe or whatever else they make up.
(05-09-2016, 02:21 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Come on man. Karate kid like training bro. Never fails.

Problem is kids today are too quick to bring a gun.

If it is some little simple shit where a kid keeps making fun of another kid standing up to them with words or violence may solve it. If it is a bully literally inflicting harm on another kid who is powerless to stop it, you tell the teacher.

Kids have stopped being able to take a punch.   Everything has to be a domination or it's a loss.    Probably can reasonably blame video games for that issue .....    

Why I still think fist fights shouldn't bring an auto expel in school.   
(05-09-2016, 02:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Kids have stopped being able to take a punch.   Everything has to be a domination or it's a loss.    Probably can reasonably blame video games for that issue .....    

Why I still think fist fights shouldn't bring an auto expel in school.   

Maybe their parents should take them to some fight clubs after the brothels?

Teach them the "proper" way to fight and they learned how to be a in a "proper" relationship?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-09-2016, 02:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe their parents should take them to some fight clubs after the brothels?

Teach them the "proper" way to fight and they learned how to be a in a "proper" relationship?

Or how about they just teach them to not hide behind space spaces and adults.   

The day either of my kids come home with this safe space, micro aggressions, trigger warning  nonsense .....  If this happens we will have a direct and hard discussion about how the world works and about how we don't hide behind ridiculous notions so we can feel better about being weak.    
(05-09-2016, 02:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Or how about they just teach them to not hide behind space spaces and adults.   

The day either of my kids come home with this safe space, micro aggressions, trigger warning  nonsense .....  If this happens we will have a direct and hard discussion about how the world works and about how we don't hide behind ridiculous notions so we can feel better about being weak.    

You should really teach them to fight back first.  Maybe boxing lessons?  Or are they too young to carry a gun?   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-09-2016, 02:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Still many bullied kids will not be bullied any longer hecause they stood up for themselves.    You will never eradicate bullying.....   But to take away someone's chance to defeat their bully is wrong and partly why we have a generation of soft people who can't stand up for themselves without safe spaces or calling someone a racist, sexist, transphobe, islamaphobe or whatever else they make up.

This is gibberish.

the victims of bullies are often the outcasts.  they don't have the power to stand up to a bully.  Noting is accomplished by standing up to a bully if you just get beaten up.  It will not stop the bullying.  Looke at what happened when black people in the south tried to stand up to Klan.  It did not stop the Klan.  All it did was make them mad and make the punishment worse.  

You live in a make believe world.  All you are doing is advocating a situation that will result in greater and greater levels of violence.
(05-09-2016, 02:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: You should really teach them to fight back first.  Maybe boxing lessons?  Or are they too young to carry a gun?   Mellow

Yep.  "Proper ladies" have to be trained to beat up bullies.  But you refuse to let your girls do anything where they might get hurt.

Seems like you are in a bit of a quandary, Lucie.  You want your girls to be able to beat up boys, but you won't let them ever compete against boys because they might get hurt. 
(05-09-2016, 03:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep.  "Proper ladies" have to be trained to beat up bullies.  But you refuse to let your girls do anything where they might get hurt.

Seems like you are in a bit of a quandary, Lucie.  You want your girls to be able to beat up boys, but you won't let them ever compete against boys because they might get hurt. 

Don't worry they will be sorted out on self defense.   Letting them play a boys sports isn't gonna help them fight off a rapist.  
(05-09-2016, 02:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe their parents should take them to some fight clubs after the brothels?

NO !!!

You have to have them fight BEFORE the brothels !
You need to be able to use that pent up sexual frustration.
The brothel should be a reward for winning in fight club.
Ninja

But anyway.....
My Dad taught me how to box/fight.
He and I sparred at least twice per week.
He had my brothers and I spar against one another the same amount.
I sparred against my younger brother (3 years younger), while on my knees and only using my left hand.
My defense is amazing, offense is reasonable.
I'll be honest though, I didn't enjoy it as a child.
However, I have appreciated every bit of it as I got older.

He always said he was going to take me to a brothel.
He'd joke to his friends.....
"Yeah, I'm going to take him to the cat-house. He'll squeal like a pig. He'll finish and she'll ask him if he could come again. He'll tell her..... yeah, if my dad will bring me back."
*much manly laughter ensued*
I never got to go.
Sad
(05-09-2016, 02:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Still many bullied kids will not be bullied any longer hecause they stood up for themselves.    You will never eradicate bullying.....   But to take away someone's chance to defeat their bully is wrong and partly why we have a generation of soft people who can't stand up for themselves without safe spaces or calling someone a racist, sexist, transphobe, islamaphobe or whatever else they make up.

I wonder if you realize a culture of "out-bully your bully" and answering violence with violence rather than any of those wimpy alternatives is pretty much the textbook recipe for all those thugs you can't stand.  I guess if your daughter gets bullied you can tell her to drop the tattle-tale routine and join a gang for protection, or something.

Thugs.  Thugs who spend their whole lives trying to beat, stab, shoot, or overrun their enemies.  Now THEM folks is Lucie's kinda folks! Ninja

No no wait, I'm sure the inner-city is full of safe spaces and other wimpy BS. The southside of Chicago...that's where great Americans are made! None of this wimpy "tell a teacher if you're being bullied" BS. Stand up for yourself. Be awesome
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-09-2016, 02:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Or how about they just teach them to not hide behind space spaces and adults.   

So, serious question here brother.

Your kid comes home and tells you they're being bullied. You tell them "I don't want to hear that nonsense...go take care of it". So, they confront the bully and get their ass convincingly thumped because the bully is bigger, stronger and older. When your child comes home bruised and bloodied, what is your next piece of advice? Would you tell them that you don't want to hear their micro-aggression? Do you tell them to go back and continue to get thumped by the bully?

I'm seriously wanting to hear your response, because you've offered a lot of indirect advice on how parent's should handle it. So what happens when your parenting strategy doesn't work or creates a greater risk of harm for the kid?
(05-12-2016, 03:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, serious question here brother.

Your kid comes home and tells you they're being bullied. You tell them "I don't want to hear that nonsense...go take care of it". So, they confront the bully and get their ass convincingly thumped because the bully is bigger, stronger and older. When your child comes home bruised and bloodied, what is your next your next piece of advice? Would you tell them that you don't want to hear their micro-aggression? Do you tell them to go back and continue to get thumped by the bully?

I'm seriously wanting to hear your response, because you've offered a lot of indirect advice on how parent's should handle it. So what happens when your parenting strategy doesn't work or creates a greater risk of harm for the kid?

Of course the kid gets thumped by the bully.  That's when he/she meets some old weirdo who teaches him/her karate and THEN following a synth-drenched montage said kid confronts the bully and kicks his ass.  Geez, how many times do I have to explain that life is totally an 80s film?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-12-2016, 03:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, serious question here brother.

Your kid comes home and tells you they're being bullied. You tell them "I don't want to hear that nonsense...go take care of it". So, they confront the bully and get their ass convincingly thumped because the bully is bigger, stronger and older. When your child comes home bruised and bloodied, what is your next your next piece of advice? Would you tell them that you don't want to hear their micro-aggression? Do you tell them to go back and continue to get thumped by the bully?

Ok.   Is it 1 bully or a group who is bullying?   

I would ask them what they tried already and then we would go through other solutions to their problems.   The key is to get them to problem solve.   Not for us to save the day.   At some point parents will step in to protect their kids, I just feel like we should be pushing for them to win their battles.   That's why we guide them.    Now I have girls so it's different than it would be with boys.   
(05-12-2016, 05:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would ask them what they tried already and then we would go through other solutions to their problems. 

Like what?
(05-12-2016, 05:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:    Now I have girls so it's different than it would be with boys.   

What is different?
(05-12-2016, 05:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Of course the kid gets thumped by the bully.  That's when he/she meets some old weirdo who teaches him/her karate and THEN following a synth-drenched montage said kid confronts the bully and kicks his ass.  Geez, how many times do I have to explain that life is totally an 80s film?

Ok since you brought it up....  What's the best 80's movie bully fight scene? 
(05-12-2016, 05:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What is different?

One is more physical than the other.   
(05-12-2016, 05:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Like what?

Why chase this when its dependent on so many variables.
(05-12-2016, 05:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why chase this when its dependent on so many variables.

To prove that you have no legitimate answer.
(05-12-2016, 05:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To prove that you have no legitimate answer.

Loads of answers.  Lay out a scenario.   

Anything from embarrassing the bully to actually fighting.    The point is idk what's been tried and what  we are up against.    1 bully... A group ....   Why are they bullying ....  What's the bully's background    Loads of ways to handle it ....  But without specifics it's a pointless conversation.