Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few hand claps
(01-10-2016, 04:26 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Get out of here with that garbage. Anyone who thinks we are losing 6-0 at the half with dalton at the helm against Pittsburghs shitty defense is crazy. The defense played their asses off and were rewarded with a 57 yard first half from the Mccarron led offense. Andy was having an mvp type seasons n and we absolutely needed that. They just weren't good offensively with Mccarron. Look it up, The numbers don't lie.

I don't think it's crazy. Dalton's prime time and playoff stats are not "MVP type" stats.
Reply/Quote
This is really the hill people are choosing to die on today?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:34 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I don't think it's crazy. Dalton's prime time and playoff stats are not "MVP type" stats.

If you can't see how important dalton was to this offense, you are nuttier than squirrel turds.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:44 PM)McC Wrote: And what should have been the game winning drive.  Please, let's remember to tell the whole story.

Making at least two clutch throws when the season was on the line should not be scoffed at or looked at like it was a week 3. Those were big time throws by a second year guy who missed his rookie season. When the lights were the brightest at the end of the game, he came through big time. With more time and experience, he will be able to put together more complete games. Also I think for sure he will be a starter for someone down the road.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:26 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Get out of here with that garbage. Anyone who thinks we are losing 6-0 at the half with dalton at the helm against Pittsburghs shitty defense is crazy. The defense played their asses off and were rewarded with a 57 yard first half from the Mccarron led offense. Andy was having an mvp type seasons n and we absolutely needed that. They just weren't good offensively with Mccarron. Look it up, The numbers don't lie.

Andy Dalton put up 6 points against the Houston Texans this year in a regular season game.

The numbers don't lie - McCarron had a higher QB rating in his 4th career game, his 1st career playoff start, than Andy Dalton has been able to produce in 4 playoff starts, with dozens of NFL games worth of experience.

McCarron had this team ahead with 1:48 to go, with the football, in FG range of sealing the deal.

He didn't fumble the ball at the end.  He didn't allow the Steelers to go down and score.  He put 2 TDs and a FG on the board in the 4th quarter.

AJ McCarron's allegedly poor offensive performance resulted in more points on the scoreboard than any of Andy Dalton's career playoff starts.

You guys are delusional.  You are either McCarron bashers or Andy lovers, but you sure as heck aren't objective or realistic with this crap.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:35 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: This is really the hill people are choosing to die on today?

Hey there's king of the McCarron bashers himself.

How did you like McCarron's TD throw to AJ Green vs cover 2 on his 2nd or 3rd read?  Since he can't do any of that stuff.  Right?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:40 PM)BigSeph Wrote: Hey there's king of the McCarron bashers himself.

How did you like McCarron's TD throw to AJ Green vs cover 2 on his 2nd or 3rd read?  Since he can't do any of that stuff.  Right?

Again, you aren't a Bengals fan. 
You are a McCarron fan.

McCarron largely sucked hard yesterday.
He had 3 fumbles, 1 INT and should have been 3 INT. Thank god the Steelers had the dropsies. 

Drop your McCarron ball flavored glasses and realize he sucked. 
He was terrible. If he was even remotely competent we win. 

But if you want to get into it, fine. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:38 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: If you can't see how important dalton was to this offense, you are nuttier than squirrel turds.

I never said Dalton wasn't important to this offense. I'm just simply refusing to have my head up Dalton's ass.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:43 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I never said Dalton wasn't important to this offense. I'm just simply refusing to have my head up Dalton's ass.

You don't need it up there.
Just take off the rose colored narrative glasses and realize McCarron didn't do anything special. He was bad. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:42 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Again, you aren't a Bengals fan. 
You are a McCarron fan.

McCarron largely sucked hard yesterday.
He had 3 fumbles, 1 INT and should have been 3 INT. Thank god the Steelers had the dropsies. 

You don't get to determine over the internet who or what I'm a fan of.  I watched that Bengals game last night and rooted for the BENGALS to win.  Not for AJ McCarron to put up 500 yards passing and lose the game.

If McCarron "largely sucked hard" then Andy Dalton has completely sucked hardest in his career playoff starts.  You can surely agree with this, right?  

McCarron vs. Dalton
Most points scored in playoff game - McCarron
Highest QB rating in playoff game - McCarron
Latest go-ahead TD pass in playoff game - McCarron

You don't think it's "remotely competent" to outperform Andy Dalton in a playoff game based on actual verifiable historical statistics?

I don't need to get into anything.  You've been bashing the guy since day 1, and last night he does multiple things you have claimed he cannot do in an NFL game and you STILL can't give him any credit for having the Bengals ahead at the end of the game and coming up huge in the 4th quarter.

I don't expect you to bow down and worship McCarron.  Just give the kid a little credit for a gutty performance.  That's all.

The fact that you and others can't even do that just shows you're wearing ginger ball-flavored glasses.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:46 PM)BigSeph Wrote: You don't get to determine over the internet who or what I'm a fan of.  I watched that Bengals game last night and rooted for the BENGALS to win.  Not for AJ McCarron to put up 500 yards passing and lose the game.

If McCarron "largely sucked hard" then Andy Dalton has completely sucked hardest in his career playoff starts.  You can surely agree with this, right?  

McCarron vs. Dalton
Most points scored in playoff game - McCarron
Highest QB rating in playoff game - McCarron
Latest go-ahead TD pass in playoff game - McCarron

You don't think it's "remotely competent" to outperform Andy Dalton in a playoff game based on actual verifiable historical statistics?

I don't need to get into anything.  You've been bashing the guy since day 1, and last night he does multiple things you have claimed he cannot do in an NFL game and you STILL can't give him any credit for having the Bengals ahead at the end of the game and coming up huge in the 4th quarter.

I don't expect you to bow down and worship McCarron.  Just give the kid a little credit for a gutty performance.  That's all.

The fact that you and others can't even do that just shows you're wearing ginger ball-flavored glasses.

You have said in the past you are a McCarron fan. 
End of story. 

What credit? He was bad.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:45 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You don't need it up there.
Just take off the rose colored narrative glasses and realize McCarron didn't do anything special. He was bad. 

He played bad the first half. Came alive in the second. You're blind if you don't see that.

(01-10-2016, 04:42 PM)RoyleRedleg Wrote: McCarron largely sucked hard yesterday.

Not saying McCarron didn't make bad throws, but there's been plenty of times where Dalton should have been intercepted but ended up being dropped.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:47 PM)CKwi8... Wrote: ...Edit: That play call on the 2 pointer does take away coaching points though, LOL

The 2 point conversion was when the egg, they laid, started crowning!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:45 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You don't need it up there.

The go ahead drive with those clutch throws doesnt mean anything? You would have half the Hall of Fame quarterbacks out of Canton if you disregard what a qb does when it matters the most at end of games.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:48 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: He played bad the first half. Came alive in the second. You're blind if you don't see that.

Not saying McCarron didn't make bad throws, but there's been plenty of times where Dalton should have been intercepted but ended up being dropped.

Irrelevant to the discussion. But A+ deflection attempt.

He wasn't any better in the 2nd half honestly. 
Guys made plays around him. 
He was still wild on his throws. Got help from a PI on a badly thrown ball. 

All the credit for the game being close goes to the defense. They showed up in a way they never had before. And covered up for his terrible play. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:48 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: He played bad the first half. Came alive in the second. You're blind if you don't see that.

There we go. I didn't think it would be possible to bring any kind of blame on Dalton, with him being on the sidelines, but I stand corrected!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:47 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You have said in the past you are a McCarron fan. 
End of story. 

What credit? He was bad.

If he was bad, then admit Andy Dalton was worse in every playoff start he's ever made.

Stats and scoreboards don't lie.
Reply/Quote
No you've got it all wrong because I'm the epitome of realist. Go check the offensive rankings with and without dalton this season. It isn't even close.

The commentators were repeatedly pointing out Mccarron staring his primary receiver down and how Pittsburgh knew it. they were all over our wrs and shut down the run because of a lack of respect for Mccarron. None of those things happen with dalton,none of them. We were one dimensional BECAUSE of Mccarron. The entire offense would have been better with dalton. I cannot believe people are still arguing this.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:49 PM)Millhouse Wrote: The go ahead drive with those clutch throws doesnt mean anything? You would have half the Hall of Fame quarterbacks out of Canton if you disregard what a qb does when it matters the most at end of games.

Doesn't discount him being a big part of why we were losing in the first place. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:52 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: No you've got it all wrong because I'm the epitome of realist. Go check the offensive rankings with and without dalton this season. It isn't even close.

The commentators were repeatedly pointing out Mccarron staring his primary receiver down and how Pittsburgh knew it. they were all over our wrs and shut down the run because of a lack of respect for Mccarron. None of those things happen with dalton,none of them.  We were one dimensional BECAUSE of Mccarron. The entire offense would have been better with dalton. I cannot believe people are still arguing this.

Andy Dalton put up 6 points against the Texans this year.  

McCarron put up more points in a playoff game than Andy Dalton has in his life.

Andy lovers with ginger ball-flavored glasses get no quarter from me on this board.
Reply/Quote