Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few hand claps
(01-10-2016, 04:52 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Doesn't discount him being a big part of why we were losing in the first place. 

4th career NFL start in a rainy playoff game.  You should expect him to struggle early in the game.  Nobody's saying he didn't struggle.

What some of us are asking is why can't you or other ginger ball-flavored glasses wearing Bengal fans give McCarron any credit for his performance in the 4th quarter when it mattered most?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:59 PM)BigSeph Wrote: 4th career NFL start in a rainy playoff game.  You should expect him to struggle early in the game.  Nobody's saying he didn't struggle.

What some of us are asking is why can't you or other ginger ball-flavored glasses wearing Bengal fans give McCarron any credit for his performance in the 4th quarter when it mattered most?

Because the whole game matters. 
He was off the whole game. A few great plays, largely thanks to the talent around him doesn't excuse his shit play early.

Hate to burst your bubble, but he had more support than Andy has ever had.
Healthy Marvin Jones, Sanu, Green, Eifert and Hill. 
The defense gave a better performance that it ever had. 

Yeah, I think the guy having an MVP caliber year could have done better. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:50 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Irrelevant to the discussion. But A+ deflection attempt.

How is it irrelevant? I'm simply showing that Dalton has made those kinds of mistakes before just as other quarterbacks have. Calling him "terrible" for it is a stretch. If every throw was almost a pick, you'd have a point. How is calling people a "McCarron" fan relevant to the discussion?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:55 PM)BigSeph Wrote: Andy Dalton put up 6 points against the Texans this year.  

McCarron put up more points in a playoff game than Andy Dalton has in his life.

Andy lovers with ginger ball-flavored glasses get no quarter from me on this board.

Are you telling me if you had to place your life savings on either a Mccarron led bengals team or a dalton led bengals team winning last night that you're really going with Mccarron?

If so, bless your ignorant little heart.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:01 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Because the whole game matters. 
He was off the whole game. A few great plays, largely thanks to the talent around him doesn't excuse his shit play early.

Hate to burst your bubble, but he had more support than Andy has ever had.
Healthy Marvin Jones, Sanu, Green, Eifert and Hill. 
The defense gave a better performance that it ever had. 

Yeah, I think the guy having an MVP caliber year could have done better. 

So anything McCarron does "good" is because of the talent around him.  Anything McCarron does "bad" is because he sucks.

Andy stinks in playoffs because he doesn't have support.  McCarron outperforms Andy in playoffs but only because he has more support.

Defense plays better for McCarron than Andy?  Let's look at total yards allowed by the Bengals defense in Andy's playoff games vs. McCarron's playoff games:

Andy:
Houston - 340

Houston - 420
San Diego 318
Indiannapolis - 368

McCarron:
Pittsburgh - 369

So in 1 out of 3 seasons can you make that claim.  Doesn't seem like you can say "The defense gave a better performance than it ever had" based off statistics.

It's obvious what you are at the point.  An axe-grinder who deals in negativity and hates McCarron. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:05 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Are you telling me if you had to place your life savings on either a Mccarron led bengals team or a dalton led bengals team winning last night that you're really going with Mccarron?

I don't deal in hypotheticals like "Andy would have won 56-7!" or "No doubt we would have won with Andy!"

I look at what Andy has done in the playoffs and I look at what McCarron did last night and all I'm saying is, give McCarron some credit for his gutsy 4th quarter in his first playoff game in a rainstorm.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:12 PM)BigSeph Wrote: I don't deal in hypotheticals like "Andy would have won 56-7!" or "No doubt we would have won with Andy!"

I look at what Andy has done in the playoffs and I look at what McCarron did last night and all I'm saying is, give McCarron some credit for his gutsy 4th quarter in his first playoff game in a rainstorm.

I don't like dealing with questions I know I can't answer truthfully for fear of proving someone else right either. So I get it.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:05 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Are you telling me if you had to place your life savings on either a Mccarron led bengals team or a dalton led bengals team winning last night that you're really going with Mccarron?

Based on the fact that Dalton came off a thumb injury and hasn't played or practiced in 4 weeks, I would definitely choose McCarron.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:20 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Based on the fact that Dalton came off a thumb injury and hasn't played or practiced in 4 weeks, I would definitely choose McCarron.

So you're only taking Mccarron because of the injury right? Not because you legitimately believe when both players are healthy Mccarron is the better option?

An 85% dalton is still better than a 100% Mccarron. No different than an 85% Ben was better than a 100% jones last night.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:28 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: So you're only taking Mccarron because of the injury right? Not because you legitimately believe when both players are healthy Mccarron is the better option?

An 85% dalton is still better than a 100% Mccarron. No different than an 85% Ben was better than a 100% jones last night.

Well, since we are talking about the playoffs, the only legitimate way a comparison can be made is to look at AD's playoff games vs. AJ's.  Go on and compare.  Did AJ play a great game?  No.  But he did one thing Andy never did--he turned it around in the nick of time.  So, go on and compare.  Not speculate, compare.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:34 PM)McC Wrote: Well, since we are talking about the playoffs, the only legitimate way a comparison can be made is to look at AD's playoff games vs. AJ's.  Go on and compare.  Did AJ play a great game?  No.  But he did one thing Andy never did--he turned it around in the nick of time.  So, go on and compare.  Not speculate, compare.

No this is not the only legitmate way to compare them.

Lots of great players have played poorly in the playoffs and lots of bad players have looked great.

According to your limited logic Marek Sanchez is one of the best QBs in the entire league.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:34 PM)McC Wrote: Well, since we are talking about the playoffs, the only legitimate way a comparison can be made is to look at AD's playoff games vs. AJ's.  Go on and compare.  Did AJ play a great game?  No.  But he did one thing Andy never did--he turned it around in the nick of time.  So, go on and compare.  Not speculate, compare.

I'll compare how this team fell off offensively when Mccarron came in. How he can't read zone defenses and locks on to his primary target and then poops his pants when it's not there. I'll compare how he can't check in and out of plays successfully on a regular basis. Nothing speculative about that. He simply isn't good at those things and Andy is. Anyone that can't see how much better off this team was with dalton is blind. 

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:00 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'm not going to write synopsis for the whole game. Everyone gave AJ a pass for is fumble in OT against Denver and then he fumbled it 3 more times.

Burfict got us back into the game and AJ took the momentum and put together some decent plays but lets not forget that he got a huge helping hand from the pass interference call against Will Allen.

People will bend over backwards to avoid putting any blame on this guy. He was in a tough situation but that doesn't mean he is exempt from blame and I'm not willing to give him "hand claps" for 4 turnovers.

We know that you just want to pump up Dalton, but really not needed unless you feel like AJM is a threat to take the starting QB job. For his 4th start AJM did decent.

And that ball Will Allen interfered with was right in AJ hands. It was a well placed ball.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:46 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I'll compare how this team fell off offensively when Mccarron came in. How he can't read zone defenses and locks on to his primary target and then poops his pants when it's not there. I'll compare how he can't check in and out of plays successfully on a regular basis. Nothing speculative about that. He simply isn't good at those things and Andy is. Anyone that can't see how much better off this team was with dalton is blind. 

And Andy in the playoffs?  You seem to have conveniently left that out of your response.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:48 PM)McC Wrote: And Andy in the playoffs?  You seem to have conveniently left that out of your response.

I think Fred already kicked your ass on that one,right?

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:49 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I think Fred already kicked your ass on that one,right?

Say what?

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:48 PM)BengalChris Wrote: We know that you just want to pump up Dalton, but really not needed unless you feel like AJM is a threat to take the starting QB job. For his 4th start AJM did decent.

And that ball Will Allen interfered with was right in AJ hands. It was a well placed ball.

No. The ball was under thrown, and if he threw it better we would of had a TD then and there w/o the refs having to give us a PI call.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:51 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: No. The ball was under thrown, and if he threw it better we would of had a TD then and there w/o the refs having to give us a PI call.

OMG, quit nit picking McCarron just because he's not Dalton. He still came through in the second half and that's the knock on Dalton, but seriously he's not going to take Dalton's job unless Dalton implodes during the pre-season. Are you worried about that? You sound like you are.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:03 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: How is it irrelevant? I'm simply showing that Dalton has made those kinds of mistakes before just as other quarterbacks have. Calling him "terrible" for it is a stretch. If every throw was almost a pick, you'd have a point. How is calling people a "McCarron" fan relevant to the discussion?

Because he's admitted he's solely a McCarron fan who happens to sort of cheer for the Bengals because McCarron is on the team.
Same clown who was calling for McCarron to start in August. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No this is not the only legitmate way to compare them.

Lots of great players have played poorly in the playoffs and lots of bad players have looked great.

According to your limited logic Marek Sanchez is one of the best QBs in the entire league.

And Tim tebow,right? I mean, he WON a playoff game so he clearly must be a better option at quarterback than any qb that hasn't. Maybe the bengals should have called him up before the game?

Ignorance truly is bliss with some of these people.

Reply/Quote