Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few hand claps
Both guys have 0 playoff wins so who cares. That's all that matters right?

You are either a Dalton sympathizer or a McCarron sympathizer.

Those who are McCarron sympathizers like Big Stephanie over here are going to say he played well (and he did given the circumstances). They will use this to slight Dalton, because they want McCarron to start, as he is their favorite.

Those who are Dalton sympathizers will disregard what McCarron has done in an attempt to justify Daltons past failures. They want Dalton to be the starting QB, so whatever McCarron does could have been done better by Dalton.

What both don't realize is that these are mutually disjoint events and have nothing to do with each other. Both guys are decent QB's and both haven't won a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Because he's admitted he's solely a McCarron fan who happens to sort of cheer for the Bengals because McCarron is on the team.
Same clown who was calling for McCarron to start in August. 

Slack-jawed Alabama fans are the worst. Completely delusional.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:01 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Both guys have 0 playoff wins so who cares. That's all that matters right?

Those who are McCarron sympathizers like Big Stephanie over here are going to say he played well (and he did given the circumstances). They will use this to slight Dalton, because they want McCarron to start, as he is their favorite.

Those who are Dalton sympathizers will disregard what McCarron has done in an attempt to justify Daltons past failures. They want Dalton to be the starting QB, so whatever McCarron does could have been done better by Dalton.

What both don't realize is that these are mutually disjoint events and have nothing to do with each other. Both guys are decent QB's and both haven't won a playoff game.

For the most part, that hasn't been the case. 
Simply put, Dalton would have been put on roasters for the game. McCarron is a hero. 
Narratives need to die. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No this is not the only legitmate way to compare them.

Lots of great players have played poorly in the playoffs and lots of bad players have looked great.

According to your limited logic Marek Sanchez is one of the best QBs in the entire league.

The premise was Andy would have won that game.  So, again, you are way off base.  Par for the course with you.  Next time, know what you're arguing about.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:01 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Both guys have 0 playoff wins so who cares. That's all that matters right?

In my case, this simply isn't true. I'm a Cincinnati Bengals fan. I don't give a damn who starts at any position. Just give me the best player. If Mccarron would have came out and dethroned Andy with his play then I'd be the first one in line to congratulate him. But he didn't and he wasn't even close. 

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:03 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: How is it irrelevant? I'm simply showing that Dalton has made those kinds of mistakes before just as other quarterbacks have. Calling him "terrible" for it is a stretch. If every throw was almost a pick, you'd have a point. How is calling people a "McCarron" fan relevant to the discussion?

AJM didn't play like Joe Montana so he must suck. Obviously! Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:18 PM)BengalChris Wrote: AJM didn't play like Joe Montana so he must suck. Obviously! Ninja

Maximum strawman capacity reached. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:02 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: For the most part, that hasn't been the case. 
Simply put, Dalton would have been put on roasters for the game. McCarron is a hero. 
Narratives need to die. 

If a 90+ game starter at QB plays like a 4 start newbie, then yes, he would be roasted and rightfully so.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:24 PM)BengalChris Wrote: If a 90+ game starter at QB plays like a 4 start newbie, then yes, he would be roasted and rightfully so.

Irrelevant when people called for McCarron to start the season. 
Try again. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Irrelevant when people called for McCarron to start the season. 
Try again. 

You're talking about a handful of people.  Let's keep it real.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Irrelevant when people called for McCarron to start the season. 
Try again. 

You are still living in the pre-season?

Dalton showed this year that he's a legit franchise QB. Thought you would have seen that by now.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:29 PM)McC Wrote: You're talking about a handful of people.  Let's keep it real.

Who are largely the ones in this thread. Keep it real. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: You are still living in the pre-season?

Dalton showed this year that he's a legit franchise QB. Thought you would have seen that by now.

Considering those people are on here trying to talk up McCarron as if he was not a big part of why we were losing for 3Q.....
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:56 PM)BengalChris Wrote: OMG, quit nit picking McCarron just because he's not Dalton. He still came through in the second half and that's the knock on Dalton, but seriously he's not going to take Dalton's job unless Dalton implodes during the pre-season. Are you worried about that? You sound like you are.

Dalton was the best 2nd half QB in the league this year.
Reply/Quote
Would love to had Dalton last night of course but McCarron did well. He did enough and had we pulled it off I would have felt confident enough with him in NE. We didn't so it no longer matters but I'm happy to know we have a quality back up.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:31 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Who are largely the ones in this thread. Keep it real. 

Then don't make it sound like it was some great movement.

AJ played a lot like Andy four years ago.   It's as simple as that. 

Haven't really seen anyone say AJ should become the starter.  So, please give that a rest. 

Some people are giving him credit one what he did do, which was put up 16 in the 4th quarter, and some are focusing on what he didn't do.  It's a matter of how you want to see it.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:32 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Dalton was the best 2nd half QB in the league this year.

How does that translate into bashing McCarron?

Reply/Quote

Perfect way to describe the members here. Neither QB is a Rodgers or brady, but people fight about it as if they are. Neither has won anything significant in this league. Probably won't either at the rate we're going. *sigh

Bengal fans are so frustrated that we have to fight and argue with each other about things like this because the team can't win when it really counts. There's just so much pent up frustration that we have to attack each other as if winning the argument is going to somehow make things right again.

It's going to be a long offseason and there are going to be many disagreements here, but I hope we can keep it cool and not attack each other personally. We're all bengal fans here that just want to feel victory and we all hurt the same inside.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:35 PM)BengalChris Wrote: How does that translate into bashing McCarron?

McCarron couldn't move the ball at all. He couldn't move the ball with the best offense we have had in 10 years against the worst defense we have played against in the Lewis era by far. McCarron couldn't take advantage of our defense playing 100 times better than it ever has with Dalton. McCarrons first drive for points was only because a PI call on an under thrown ball, and his TD pass was a poorly thrown ball. McCarron played horrible and if the offense preformed like even the jaguars offense we would have won.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Because he's admitted he's solely a McCarron fan who happens to sort of cheer for the Bengals because McCarron is on the team.
Same clown who was calling for McCarron to start in August. 

1.  That's not the only reason I cheer for the Bengals.  Don't be a lying scumbag.

2.  I never called for McCarron to start in August.  Don't be a lying scumbag.
Reply/Quote