Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few hand claps
(01-10-2016, 06:01 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Both guys have 0 playoff wins so who cares. That's all that matters right?

You are either a Dalton sympathizer or a McCarron sympathizer.

Those who are McCarron sympathizers like Big Stephanie over here are going to say he played well (and he did given the circumstances). They will use this to slight Dalton, because they want McCarron to start, as he is their favorite.

Those who are Dalton sympathizers will disregard what McCarron has done in an attempt to justify Daltons past failures. They want Dalton to be the starting QB, so whatever McCarron does could have been done better by Dalton.

What both don't realize is that these are mutually disjoint events and have nothing to do with each other. Both guys are decent QB's and both haven't won a playoff game.

He did play well for his 4th NFL start in a playoff game in the rain.  This is not a slight on Dalton.  I've said repeatedly on this board that Andy deserves to start, that he is the QB of this team, and that he had an MVP-type season this year.  He has improved greatly since coming into the league.  I shouldn't have to keep clarifying my opinion on Andy (he's a very good NFL QB) just because I like AJ McCarron as a football player.

The only reason I bring up Andy's playoff stats is to destroy the foundation of those who attempt to nitpick and criticize every little thing McCarron does, right or wrong.  They obviously are devoted to Andy or dislike McCarron and that's fine.  But I'm not going to let people rip McCarron and remain silent on Andy's playoff history.  A couple of these guys don't even address it, they run for the hills when I point out the statistical similarities between Dalton's 4 playoff starts and McCarron's 1 playoff start.

I use it as a rhetorical device.  I don't use it to bag on Andy.

All I've said is people should give AJ some credit for a gutty performance and when viewed in proper context, that was a gutty performance by a QB in a tough situation.  Period.

People refusing to give him credit but instead piling on when he had the game wrapped up with 2 minutes to go is just petty axe-grinding.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:01 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Slack-jawed Alabama fans are the worst. Completely delusional.

I'm not an Alabama fan.

Why can't you address the topic and instead try to tar and feather the guy rubbing your face in Andy's playoff stats?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Irrelevant when people called for McCarron to start the season. 
Try again. 

Why are you still butthurt over what a few people had to say at the beginning of the season?

How long do you want to carry that chip around on your shoulder?  Is that what you've been upset about every day since August?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:31 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Who are largely the ones in this thread. Keep it real. 

You have a real problem with lying and slinging mud.  

Please provide an example of anyone on this thread suggesting AJ should start over Andy in the preseason.  One instance of it.  Use the search function.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Considering those people are on here trying to talk up McCarron as if he was not a big part of why we were losing for 3Q.....

You obviously don't know how to use "strawman" properly, because that's exactly what this crap is.

Provide one example of someone saying that AJ McCarron wasn't a big part of why we were losing for 3Q.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:41 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: McCarron couldn't move the ball at all. He couldn't move the ball with the best offense we have had in 10 years against the worst defense we have played against in the Lewis era by far. McCarron couldn't take advantage of our defense playing 100 times better than it ever has with Dalton. McCarrons first drive for points was only because a PI call on an under thrown ball, and his TD pass was a poorly thrown ball. McCarron played horrible and if the offense preformed like even the jaguars offense we would have won.

McCarron passed for 17 fewer yards than Roethlisberger.  The Bengals had 2 fewer 1st downs than the Steelers.

What game did you watch?  He couldn't move the ball for 3 quarters, and then he moved the ball.

This does not mean you can say "McCarron couldn't move the ball at all."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:03 PM)McC Wrote: The premise was Andy would have won that game.  So, again, you are way off base.  Par for the course with you.  Next time, know what you're arguing about.

The point went over your head.

Anyone with eyes inhis head saw that Andy had improved his game this year.  It makes no sense to say that he would not have played better in the playoff game also.

basically you were saying that we had to ignore what Andy did during the regular season this year, and that makes no sense.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The point went over your head.

Anyone with eyes inhis head saw that Andy had improved his game this year.  It makes no sense to say that he would not have played better in the playoff game also.

basically you were saying that we had to ignore what Andy did during the regular season this year, and that makes no sense.

Andy has traditionally performed better in the regular season than in the playoffs or national primetime games.

This is the known track record that people have to go on.

Making the assumption that "this year" he was going to light up the playoff scoreboard after the Texans debacle reinforced the track record is going out on a tenuous branch.

Claims that he would have lit up the Steelers 56-7 or some such nonsense has no basis in reality.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:44 PM)McC Wrote: And what should have been the game winning drive.  Please, let's remember to tell the whole story.

All his passes were dying ducks, most of the completed ones were 9ft in the air, and the ones that weren't completed were mostly terrible passes hitting the ground 3 yards away while the receiver was open.

The TDs were McCarron jump ball PI, and McCarron jump ball where the Steelers player was more interested in trying to hurt AJ Green than tackle him, so he missed and AJ jogged in.

Nobody is going to cheer a 4 turnover offense that was passing for 5.2 YPA.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The point went over your head.

He probably would have but you cannot know that and neither could the person who said Andy would have won that game. 

The only real data is Andy's past playoff performances, since he has played well every year in the regular season that he has not played well in the playoffs.  Assuming he would have played well is not really based on anything more than supposition which is, statistically speaking, likely to be wrong. 

Four chances, four times not playing well, after playing well in the regular season every year.  Assuming he would play well the fifth time and acting like it's a given?   I don't think so.

I don't believe that because a thing hasn't happened it never will.  But I also don't believe you can assume either.

And remember, what was the last play Andy made this year?  A stupid tackle on a dumb interception, kind of a freak out moment.

Believe me, nothing you could ever say would go over my head.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote