Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention
You are NEVER gonna pay Tee 25M per and be mad that you did it, outside of him being injured.

Think about it.

If we have Tee the next 3-7 years and he never got injured you would probably view 25M per as a DISCOUNT.

The ONLY reason you'd be against paying Tee is his availability.

When he plays hes a #1. Every game Jamarr Chase is injured, Tee turns into a MONSTER.

Im sorry but I want that monster on the team. If its a bad deal in 3 years so be it. Itll look like a great deal when its 17-24 the bad guys, and Tee catches a jumpball over 2 people and ties it up.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2024, 06:22 PM)Housh Wrote: outside of him being injured.

and he never got injured

his availability.

When he plays

So in other words, same plan as always: Don't pay Tee Higgins. He is going to get hurt.

2020: 74.81%
2021: 64.60%
2022: 68.38%
2023: 52.67%

That's Tee's career offensive snap count % played.

Also $110m AAV for a QB and 2 WRs is never going to seem like a discount anytime soon, so I disagree that that's the only reason to be mad about it. If you paid Higgins and Chase would be content to play without an extension and play on his 5th year option (doubtful) in 2025, Burrow, Higgins, and Chase would be around a $90m cap hit on a $260m cap. That's 34.6% of the cap and you haven't even starting building a team around them, and 47.7% once you add Orlando and Trey's cap hits. Almost 50% and you have just 5 players.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2024, 06:22 PM)Housh Wrote: You are NEVER gonna pay Tee 25M per and be mad that you did it, outside of him being injured.

Think about it.

If we have Tee the next 3-7 years and he never got injured you would probably view 25M per as a DISCOUNT.

When he plays hes a #1. Every game Jamarr Chase is injured, Tee turns into a MONSTER.

Im sorry but I want that monster on the team. If its a bad deal in 3 years so be it. Itll look like a great deal when its 17-24 the bad guys, and Tee catches a jumpball over 2 people and ties it up.

Don’t know if it works out but all parties want it to happen. Duke & Zac & Joe. It’s in the owners court. But they will be realistic.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I mean there's a world where we question if the team was better off using that money elsewhere after the extension happens.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2024, 06:22 PM)Housh Wrote: You are NEVER gonna pay Tee 25M per and be mad that you did it, outside of him being injured.

Think about it.

It's only a good take if he's never injured and IS available, which his history says he won't be.

This is a "In  perfect world" take, which is nothing more than fan wishing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Given Tee's decline and the more time he misses each season, whichever team signs him this season is going to regret it. Giving him a long term deal is even dumber than the Joe Burrow deal.
Reply/Quote
Letting Tee go to another team just puts more pressure
On Chase to produce. And you will be seeing Joe's INTs
Probably go up cause he will attempt throws to Chase
Even when he is double covered. If this front office thinks
Jones and Iosivias combined can equate to what Tee does for the offense
They have another thing coming.
People forget in some ways having Tee here already
A year in made Jamars outstanding rookie season
A possibility.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2024, 07:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Don’t know if it works out but all parties want it to happen. Duke & Zac & Joe. It’s in the owners court. But they will be realistic.

Well maybe Joe should have thought about that before becoming the highest paid player in the NFL. Great for him he got it, but there will be consequences.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Think about it.

It’s not whether he’s worth it, it’s that you need to pay 50 other guys after Joe, JaMarr and Tee.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2024, 08:04 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I mean there's a world where we question if the team was better off using that money elsewhere after the extension happens.

Exactly this.

It isn't about signing Tee to a 'discount' contract or not. His contract doesn't exist in a vacuum whereby we have unlimited cap space. It's about the fact the cumulative spend on our QB/WRs looks a lot if we keep Burrow/Chase/Tee. Committing huge amounts of money, which will be lost on greater needs elsewhere.

We're paying Burrow the big bucks to make it work. Part of that is making it work with lesser guys im afraid. I'd hate to have to lose Tee to another team, as he's highly talented. But if Burrow's great, he'll make it work with a 'lesser name' #2 WR.

That to me is the sensible take. Trust the the guy you're paying the big money to to make it work, and spend those $$$ on a defence to get him on the field as much as possible.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2024, 06:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So in other words, same plan as always: Don't pay Tee Higgins. He is going to get hurt.

2020: 74.81%
2021: 64.60%
2022: 68.38%
2023: 52.67%

That's Tee's career offensive snap count % played.

Also $110m AAV for a QB and 2 WRs is never going to seem like a discount anytime soon, so I disagree that that's the only reason to be mad about it. If you paid Higgins and Chase would be content to play without an extension and play on his 5th year option (doubtful) in 2025, Burrow, Higgins, and Chase would be around a $90m cap hit on a $260m cap. That's 34.6% of the cap and you haven't even starting building a team around them, and 47.7% once you add Orlando and Trey's cap hits. Almost 50% and you have just 5 players.
I totally agree...we have to tag and trade him and use one of those picks this year to draft another good WR to replace him....
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2024, 07:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Don’t know if it works out but all parties want it to happen. Duke & Zac & Joe. It’s in the owners court. But they will be realistic.

Don't see it happening. I see a tag and trade for a couple of picks and most likely to an NFC team unless the Titans wanna overpay.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2024, 09:04 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Letting Tee go to another team just puts more pressure
On Chase to produce. And you will be seeing Joe's INTs
Probably go up cause he will attempt throws to Chase
Even when he is double covered. If this front office thinks
Jones and Iosivias combined can equate to what Tee does for the offense
They have another thing coming.
People forget in some ways having Tee here already
A year in made Jamars outstanding rookie season
A possibility.

They will use the picks they get from a tag and trade with Tee and draft another top WR this year in the draft....No need to get your panties in a bunch. Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
The only argument for keeping Tee is to delay an inevitable KC signing. That’s it.

Mahones just won with assberries at WR. Is Burrow Him or not?
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2024, 09:15 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Exactly this.

It isn't about signing Tee to a 'discount' contract or not. His contract doesn't exist in a vacuum whereby we have unlimited cap space. It's about the fact the cumulative spend on our QB/WRs looks a lot if we keep Burrow/Chase/Tee. Committing huge amounts of money, which will be lost on greater needs elsewhere.

We're paying Burrow the big bucks to make it work. Part of that is making it work with lesser guys im afraid. I'd hate to have to lose Tee to another team, as he's highly talented. But if Burrow's great, he'll make it work with a 'lesser name' #2 WR.

That to me is the sensible take. Trust the the guy you're paying the big money to to make it work, and spend those $$$ on a defence to get him on the field as much as possible.

That's exactly what the Chiefs did when they traded Tyreek and they just won another SB with lesser talent....that's what we'll have to do.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:15 AM)pulses Wrote: Don't see it happening. I see a tag and trade for a couple of picks and most likely to an NFC team unless the Titans wanna overpay.

They get a pick even if they tag and don’t trade him.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:17 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: The only argument for keeping Tee is to delay an inevitable KC signing. That’s it.

Mahones just won with assberries at WR. Is Burrow Him or not?

KC has horrible re-signing issues with Creed Humphrey & Trey Smith looming in ‘25 not happening

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:19 AM)pulses Wrote: That's exactly what the Chiefs did when they traded Tyreek and they just won another SB with lesser talent....that's what we'll have to do.

Exactly. Brady made it work with a lot of lesser guys in NE as well. If we pay Tee, then we'll have to focus on killing the draft or outscoring teams in shootouts all the time.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:20 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They get a pick even if they tag and don’t trade him.

I was talking about multiple picks so not sure what you're getting at but ok.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:23 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Exactly. Brady made it work with a lot of lesser guys in NE as well. If we pay Tee, then we'll have to focus on killing the draft or outscoring teams in shootouts all the time.

Yep and that's not a good recipe for trying to win SB's you have to have a decent D.
Reply/Quote