Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A year late-Andy Dalton is a Chicago Bear
1 year $10 million (+ $3 million in incentives) to fight with Trubisky and Foles for the starting job. He'll have a chance to go 2-0 against the Bengals

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 06:02 PM)pally Wrote: 1 year $10 million (+ $3 million in incentives) to fight with Trubensky and Foles for the starting job.  He'll have a chance to go 2-0 against the Bengals

I think Chicago is a nice fit for Andy.... veteran vs. veteran for starting job... and with Foles injury history smart move by Chicago
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Trubisky and Dalton are the same.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 06:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Trubisky and Dalton are the same.

nah Dalton is better. He's also better than Foles.

Trubisky is bad. Foles is bad. Dalton is average
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 06:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: nah Dalton is better. He's also better than Foles.

Trubisky is bad. Foles is bad. Dalton is average

Disagree. Trubisky was pretty good second half of season. But he's that way. He's either cold or hot so maybe your right. 

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 06:02 PM)pally Wrote: 1 year $10 million (+ $3 million in incentives) to fight with Trubensky and Foles for the starting job.  He'll have a chance to go 2-0 against the Bengals

Isn't he a FA? Pretty sure it's just Dalton and Foles there now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 06:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Isn't he a FA? Pretty sure it's just Dalton and Foles there now.

Trubisky is a free agent.

He is also an enigma.  Pro Bowl in his second season.  Dropped of dramatically his third season.  Looked so bad early in his fourth season that he got benched.  Regained starting role in week 12 and looked good through end of season.  Many people blame the coaching for his decline after his second season.  

Foles looked really bad last year (29th in passer rating out of 34 QBs with 250 attempts).  Dalton has a legit shot to win that starting job.
Reply/Quote
I think Dalton goes into season the starting QB and I'll be rooting for him to play well. With that defense Dalton just has to play solid to be a playoff team. If they protect him he may be in for a good season.
Reply/Quote
They are killing poor Andy on social media. Think we were unkind to him; wait and see.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They are killing poor Andy on social media. Think we were unkind to him; wait and see.

Who is killing Dalton?

If they feel we were unkind to him wouldn't that be supporting him instead of killing him?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who is killing Dalton?

If they feel we were unkind to him wouldn't that be supporting him instead of killing him?

I was talking about us when I said we. Believe it or not; there were those around here that thought we were unkind.

As to who's killing him:

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/16/bears-andy-dalton-free-agency-twitter-reactions/

This is a fanbase that had hopes for Watson or Wilson
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
bfine 32 is right, we are being unkind to Andy. I've already made humor at the expense of 3 dear friends, who happen to be Bears fans. Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I heard he would never start again, and some even said he'd wind up in the CFL.

He's going to be starting, despite turning 34 this year. 49ers also went after him.

Btw, this will be his best team since 2015.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 09:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I heard he would never start again, and some even said he'd wind up in the CFL.

He's going to be starting, despite turning 34 this year. 49ers also went after him.

Btw, this will be his best team since 2015.

I hear their offensive line is currently bad

So Chicago has to fix that in order to get good production out of Andy boBandy
Reply/Quote
Wish Andy the best, but having another bad OL is rough on the man. Damn, can't the dude catch a break lol
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was talking about us when I said we. Believe it or not; there were those around here that thought we were unkind.

Ah, I see now.

And the Bear fanbase is pissed because of all the talk about getting Wilson.  Can't blame them for that.  Russ is headed for the Hall of Fame.  Career passer rating #4 in NFL history.  98 regular season wins and 7 Pro Bowls in just 9 seasons.  Nine postseason wins including a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 10:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ah, I see now.

And the Bear fanbase is pissed because of all the talk about getting Wilson.  Can't blame them for that.  Russ is headed for the Hall of Fame.  Career passer rating #4 in NFL history.  98 regular season wins and 7 Pro Bowls in just 9 seasons.  Nine postseason wins including a Super Bowl.

Russell Wilson is one of the greatest QB's I have ever seen play.
Reply/Quote
He will be reuniting with Bill Lazor. Wouldn't be surprised if that played a role in him choosing Chicago.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Dalton better learn how drive that ball in.those winds coming off
Lake Michigan. He never had a super strong arm.to.begin.with
Reply/Quote
I hope he has success there.
Reply/Quote