Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A year late-Andy Dalton is a Chicago Bear
(04-10-2021, 04:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The team wasn't THAT much better dude. 

It wasn't? That team made the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2021, 05:07 AM)bengalfreak Wrote: It wasn't? That team made the playoffs. 

Because we had the #7 defense in the league.

Offense talent was not that much better. Running game was ranked 27th in the league in yards per carry just like the 2020 team.  WRs about the same.  2011 did have a better TE.

Most impressive aspect of the 2011 team was how well our rookie QB and #1 WR played with absolutely zero offseason OTA's or minicamps due to the strike.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2021, 11:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Because we had the #7 defense in the league.

Offense talent was not that much better. Running game was ranked 27th in the league in yards per carry just like the 2020 team.  WRs about the same.  2011 did have a better TE.

Most impressive aspect of the 2011 team was how well our rookie QB and #1 WR played with absolutely zero offseason OTA's or minicamps due to the strike.

Remember how bad they looked in the preseason too? Especially against Detroit. I had faith in that team to be decent that year. The defense was stout, AJ Green was a stud, and Dalton had been pretty damn good at TCU. Our schedule was pretty soft that year as well. I really enjoyed watching that team in 2011.

The irrational Dalton hate (from some) around here is funny. I like to laugh at people who are miserable for no reason. The guy played his ass off for the better part of a decade, and gave it all he had. He was great for the community on top of that. He wasn't Aaron Rogers but he did enough to steer the team to the longest sustained success in its history.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2021, 07:38 PM)jason Wrote: Remember how bad they looked in the preseason too? Especially against Detroit. I had faith in that team to be decent that year. The defense was stout, AJ Green was a stud, and Dalton had been pretty damn good at TCU. Our schedule was pretty soft that year as well. I really enjoyed watching that team in 2011.

The irrational Dalton hate (from some) around here is funny. I like to laugh at people who are miserable for no reason. The guy played his ass off for the better part of a decade, and gave it all he had. He was great for the community on top of that. He wasn't Aaron Rogers but he did enough to steer the team to the longest sustained success in its history.

I never said Dalton was great, just that he was maybe the 10th problem on a list of problems with this team. To watch the same posters that whined about Dalton needing elite talent around him to succeed, now saying Burrow needs elite talent around him to succeed is more sad than funny. To me, it just makes everything they say a complete joke and impossible to take seriously.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2021, 11:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Offense talent was not that much better. 

Just so I'm sure of where your coming from, aside from TE, is there a single position where the talent in 2020 was better than 2011?

Because I'm just not seeing it. 
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 10:43 AM)AQIndianHill Wrote: He has been in the top 50% of the league TWO TIMES in 10 years.  HAHAHAHAHHHAHA

Is that your on screen attempt at maniacal laughter? I gotta admit it made me chuckle. 
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 09:36 AM)bengalfreak Wrote: Just so I'm sure of where your coming from, aside from TE, is there a single position where the talent in 2020 was better than 2011?

Because I'm just not seeing it. 

Tyler Boyd >>> Jerome Simpson.
Run game was about equally bad.

2011 had slightly better WR1, better pass blocking, better TE

but 2020 didn't have to deal with a lockout and no time to learn the playbook.

I'd say overall the situations were pretty close.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote