Joe M.
Tee H.
Eli A.
Sam H.
BJ H.
Shooter
Other
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFC Championship Game Game Ball
(01-31-2022, 01:41 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I'm split between Hubbard and BJ.  The sacks and the pick and the fumble...  Mahomes seemed genuinely rattled.  The secondary was playing great man, but that line was giving Mahomes nightmares and it showed.  

Mad credit to the offense for once again rebounding in the second half and finding a way to make it work (and without Uzo).  But that defense was lights out against an insane offense and I've got to give them the ball.  Going into the game, I figured they'd be the make or break, and wow did they deliver.

That smirk on mahomes face when Mixon ran it to the 10 in OT. Man we've gotten Mahome to give some good reactions, the last 6 minutes and he didn't even touch the ball in W17 was another few hilarious faces.
Reply/Quote
Hubbard said he doesn’t think he’s ever had back-to-back sacks on two straight plays before this game. What an amazing time to do it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The defense!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Other...Lou for whatever voodoo he pulled out at halftime.

That second half defense was insane. It just does not make sense. Our pass defense is not that good.
For crying out loud! Stats aren’t everything. Spirit matters!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
BJ Hill. It seems every week, someone different is making a game changing play. There were several yesterday... Apple's stop, Perine's TD, Bell's INT, but BJ made the play we absolutely had to have when we absolutely needed it. I'm still in shock....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 08:33 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Defense, defense, defense..

Coach Lou!!!!!

Chiefs Scoring 42 points a game...

Coach Lou's Defense in 2 2nd Halfs and an Overtime period 6 total points.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That second half defense was insane.  It just does not make sense.  Our pass defense is not that good.

I was reading the Chief board this morning and posters were saying the Bengals used 8 in coverage in almost half the passing attempts. Apparently the Chiefs had trouble adjusting to this. You could see many plays where Mahomes had plenty of time but could not find anyone open. The Chiefs fans are upset they didn't run more against this coverage. 
Reply/Quote
Maybe not game ball worthy, but Jesse Bates saved his boy Apple from bein' the goat, and quite possibly saved the game with that PD in OT.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Other: Lou Anarumo for basically shutting down the Chiefs offense in the 2nd half.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Other: Lou Anarumo for basically shutting down the Chiefs offense in the 2nd half.

Twice
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The voting in this poll reveals how special yesterday's game was regarding player performances. There were many guys stepping up in the second half and contributing to the Bengals win. I love this team.
Reply/Quote
0 votes for Apple? I think folks are underestimating how important his open field tackle of Tyreek was to end the 1st half.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
BJ Hill made the play that changed the whole game. He was no slouch on the rest of his reps either. Realistically, it was the entire D-line that was the difference in this game. Hill, Reader, Hubbard, and Hendrickson all played out of their minds the last 31 minutes of this game. But if I've got to narrow it down to just one of them, it's got to be Hill. Couldn't be prouder of that group.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Other: Lou Anarumo for basically shutting down the Chiefs offense in the 2nd half.

i can get on board with this. It was shocking how completely the Bengals turned the defense around in the 2nd half. Compare that with the Buffalo Bills 2nd half against these same Chiefs. Mahomes was completely stymied and I don't think anyone of the talking heads expected that.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:13 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Said before game on here that Hubbard would be instrumental in corralling Mahomes because if he can do it to Lamar he certainly can with Mahomes. 

Although that dude is slippery. 

Early on I was going, what is Sam doing? Then the 2nd half came around and I was like. There yah go Sam. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:15 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Burrow made so many plays with his legs to keep us in the game. And win the game. Without him we don't get in FG range. I gotta go Burrow. Defense was awesome! WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see you around, brother! Hope life is treating you well!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I think Hubbard was the biggest difference maker overall on defense, but the whole unit played an excellent football game.
Reply/Quote
Hubbard should have way more votes…

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:52 PM)Nepa Wrote: I was reading the Chief board this morning and posters were saying the Bengals used 8 in coverage in almost half the passing attempts. Apparently the Chiefs had trouble adjusting to this. You hi d could see many plays where Mahomes had plenty of time but could not find anyone open. The Chiefs fans are upset they didn't run more against this coverage. 

I read this also. Usually when everyone is covered Mahommes takes what he can get with his legs. With just 3 guys  rushing there had to be gaps for him to get through. 3 rushers can't cover the entire field.

But Pat just ran around behind the line of scrimmage until he got sacked or had to throw it away.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 04:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hubbard should have way more votes…

Frickin' awesome Sam. Rock On
Reply/Quote