Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs***
We had a shot at winning this. After that 3rd and 16 all we needed was some short passes, but instead our o-line couldn't block shit and Burrow got sacked. Too many missed oportunities.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The offense didn't play well enough to win.

Last 2 drives of 4th quarter...couldn't score to win the game.

You are annoying AF.... We get it Mr humble.... 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:17 AM)Housh Wrote: Kinda hard to score when the refs are calling holds on you that they just arent calling on the other team

That along with bad spots and weird cancelled play calls.   Goodell absolutely influences games. He doesn't always get the result he wants but he tries to tip the scales in certain games.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Bengals had the ball with two minutes and didn’t get it done. Special teams gave up a 25 yard return, and the D had a fifteen yard penalty. All three of those had to happen for the Bengals to lose in regulation. It was an epic fail in the last two minutes. It happens.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
5 sacks, two picks, fumble lost, bonehead plays, horrible o-line....but yeah, let's ignore all of that.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:19 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Because nobody kicks it out of bounds from where the Bengals were punting from. You're trying to get as deep as you can. Try to kick it out of bounds and it's just way too tough and you try to get too cute and all the sudden they Mark the ball up 15 or 16 yards where you think it went out.

Guy just made a great point return. Still it should have come down overtime if not for the penalty.

We had a guy literally tackled from behind on that last punt.
Reply/Quote
Ossai made a big mistake. The bigger mistake IMO was not angle-punting that ball to limit that huge return.

In the end, the depleted OL killed this team, plain and simple. We will be back.

The Chiefs got a big win and gutted it out, but I have a feeling that Philly is going to beat that ass in two weeks. That D-line is no joke, and if KC doesn't heal up enough to run it's offense, they're in deep shit. if we didn't get Cappa back, Philly would have scared the shit out of me.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:20 AM)Destro Wrote: Already out there as the biggest bonehead play of all-time, but yeah, let's keep blaming the refs.

Yep. Refs had nothing to do with this game. I saw the Bengals get away with at least three holds on the offensive line but of course nobody on this board ever wants to talk about that. 

They had their chances they just could never get the offense going today. Tremendous effort by the defense the last three quarters.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:20 AM)lone bengal Wrote: No excuses Bengals didn’t make enough plays. Chris Jones dominated the line of scrimmage and we couldn’t run the ball. Chiefs had a million injuries Tonney, Hardman and there starting CB got knocked out with Maholmes playing hurt.

Agree. Bengals gotta make more plays. Oline was a let down for sure and that was the difference. 

Bengals didn't have good injury luck this year. Plain and simple. They played their hearts out. Well fought. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:05 AM)Fnbs010 Wrote: Who's your daddy now, Burrow?

Burrow 3
Chiefs 1

Still ahead. We have our starting O-Line intact, we win easily.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:20 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I agree with all those except it was the PI call on Hilton that made me scratch my head. The refs were terrible. 

It's like the one in the Super Bowl last year that had us scratching our heads.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:19 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: This all goes back to the beginning of the season.  Had Zac challenged the TD that wasn't Cincy would have won that game regardless of the screw ups, and had the Hamlin freak injury not happened Cincy prob would have won that game.....and wala Cincy has home field advantage and this game is played in Cincy.  I'm telling you this team is cursed.  It just is.....

Can you stop with the cursed BS?  Back to back title games, we could have won this game without 3/5ths of the oline.  Nothing is cursed, it's football.

Reply/Quote
We weren't winning a SB with 3 backup lineman.
Reply/Quote
Zac answers with class.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Haha Kelce calls out the mayor!

LOLOLOL!!!

There’s nothing ***** funny about that. ***** ponce.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:23 AM)Nepa Wrote: It's like the one in the Super Bowl last year that had us scratching our heads.

Hilton clearly put his arm around him. He didn't pull, but touching him is a penalty.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:22 AM)Tony Wrote: You are annoying AF.... We get it Mr humble.... 

But he's right. We had the chances and didn't get it done.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Haha Kelce calls out the mayor!

I have to admit, I still have no idea what the stupid mayor stuff was about.
Reply/Quote
This team getting here is a miracle in itself. The other 3 teams: Philly, KC, and SF have top 5 O-line. This game is a combination of Burrow having a not great day, Oline being abused, and refs don't want the Bengals to be in the SB 2 times in a row, I'm sure Roger does not want that. We overcame the refs last week because we blown out the Bills, but we have a close game today and didn't finish it. Please invest in OL this off season. It's more important than weapons.
Reply/Quote
Heartbroken but a great season

I saw my boys win for the first time live in my life

Now it’s up to the players and the office when it comes to contracts does this hurt you as much as it hurts us.

Regardless I’m glad I found this place to share with Bengals fans.

We are now at the top table and with 9 under centre that doesn’t change we will win one
Reply/Quote