Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs***
Twitter going crazy with all the missed calls right now

PPl are posting 2 holds on the Mahommes run , and 2 blocks in the back on the punt return.

At a certain point if you just arent gonna call shit on one team but call the same action on the other team, what can you do
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:24 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We weren't winning a SB with 3 backup lineman.

The same starting O-line from all year, we win today easily, IMO.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:25 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hilton clearly put his arm around him. He didn't pull, but touching him is a penalty.

The ref analyst on CBS, Gene Steratore, said it wasn't a penalty and shouldn't have been called. No, touching him is not a penalty. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Haha Kelce calls out the mayor!

Well, he deserves everything he gets.

And he will get tons.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I feel the game plan was absolutely a piss poor game plan. Way too many balls getting pushed downfield when we know good and damn well we don’t have a line to support that.

Defensively, the game plan was too soft and zone coverage and Mahomes walked down the field. No pressure and defenders guarding open space all game.

Second to last drive is where we lost this game. 2nd and 3 on our end of the field and you throw down the field twice. This was another completely winnable game that inexperienced coaching cost us the game.
Reply/Quote
2 things can be true at once

The refs can suck and we can not have stepped up at the same time
-Housh
Reply/Quote
We probably win with our in tact line

No way we start as slow as we did with Cappa and Collins

Williams sucks so it didnt matter that he missed teh game
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:16 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: This is how I feel as well. Rather lose this one and not another SB. Doubt they could have beat the Eagles. The Oline again, how many times did Adjeni RT get beat?  Lots of Chiefs holding not called but they still had chances to score and didn't. 

We could have very well saved ourselves an embarassing Super Bowl performance. Eagles could very well blow out the Chiefs as they have everyone this year.

(01-30-2023, 12:17 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'll be worried about what defensive players we lose. But I guess that's a concern for another day. We need to be drafting a tackle in the 1st Rd this year to play on that right side. Hopefully we pick the right one at that spot.

I think we'll regroup well. Get healthy in the secondary. Hopefully Dax Hill learns from his mistakes this year and we can hold onto Bates one more year.

(01-30-2023, 12:17 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I personally felt we had a better shot against them than the niners. Felt SF had everything that we aren't good against. I don't think Philly run it on us all day, but we'll never know.

Eagles offense is best in the league by far. They run it out of shotgun when you least expect it. They've got weapons out wide. Hurts can run it.
Then Philly's defense swarms. Great pass rush. We could have gotten eaten alive. 

That said, 9ers would have eaten against our oline as well. I've felt for awhile that the NFC takes the cake this year because of the better defenses.

(01-30-2023, 12:20 AM)Von Cichlid Wrote: That's my consolation.  The Eagles D-Line is the Cheif's on steroids.  I would have liked to gone, but there is no way our protection would have held up, and tonight proved it.

Agree. Also our defense has given up big drives to elite offenses. Philly has torn up elite defenses this year. We could have saved the embarassment on defense too.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:22 AM)Destro Wrote: 5 sacks, two picks, fumble lost, bonehead plays, horrible o-line....but yeah, let's ignore all of that.

Easier to put on a tin foil hat, kick and scream and cry about being robbed.

There is missed calls in every NFL game, it's not perfect but the Bengals had chances to win this game multiple times and couldn't get it done. Most of the issue was the patchwork OL.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
As a KC fan I have nothing but respect for you and your team. The gap between the 2 of us is minuscule. Thought we were gonna lose a handful of times. Good game, Bengals! I’m positive we’ll be seeing a lot of each other in the coming years!

One love! You guys have a hell of a team!
Patrick Mahomes career record is 59-15. What’s your quarterback doing for you??
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:24 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Can you stop with the cursed BS?  Back to back title games, we could have won this game without 3/5ths of the oline.  Nothing is cursed, it's football.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.........but they didn't.  That ALL playes into the cursed organization narrative.  Pete Johnson getting stopped on multiple downs after 1st and goal at the 1, Billups missing a game winning interception that was right in his hands, Burrow getting sacked from behind last year after Chase had broken WIDE OPEN for what would have likely been the Super Bowl winning TD..... and the list goes on and on.  Only long time Bengals fans would get it.  I challenge you to prove me wrong.
....the Hill fumble on the Pit one foot line, the Denver pull it out of your ass defection for a TD, the porter not getting called for a penalty when he was out of the field as a coach......I challenge you to prove me wrong
Reply/Quote
They found a way to lose. Poor STe and a horrible, unnecessary penalty cost them any chance at the end

Everybody should recognize that Mahomes is a HOF/GOAT level player so calling him out was stupid.

Draft more O line men this year. Indont even care about keeping Higgins. If Burrow is so great he will be able to do what Mahomes does with just good/decent WRs. He will still have Chase so no excuses.

I once again have the feeling that the Bengals are never going to win a SB in my lifetime.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:34 AM)FRANCH15E Wrote: As a KC fan I have nothing but respect for you and your team. The gap between the 2 of us is minuscule. Thought we were gonna lose a handful of times. Good game, Bengals! I’m positive we’ll be seeing a lot of each other in the coming years!

One love! You guys have a hell of a team!

Respect! I feel the same. Bengals just came up short with the injuries this year I think. 

Good luck against the Eagles! You'll need it and plenty of Mahomes magic!
Reply/Quote
Mahomes just made more plays when needed..it was a tough close game, he just made more plays when needed
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:30 AM)Housh Wrote: 2 things can be true at once

The refs can suck and we can not have stepped up at the same time

Exactly. 

We played sluggish and off all night. Burrow was decidedly not clutch and made several really questionable decisions. 

But also....

The refs let the Chiefs do whatever they wanted and we got ticky tack flags. Refs allowed Chiefs blocks in the back, late hits on both QB and receivers, holding by the Chiefs OL and let's not forget the "do over". ESPECIALLY in playoff games the NFL needs their refs to avoid even the appearance of bias - tonight the bias was obvious. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:35 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: Woulda, coulda, shoulda.........but they didn't.  That ALL playes into the cursed organization narrative.  Pete Johnson getting stopped on multiple downs after 1st and goal at the 1, Billups missing a game winning interception that was right in his hands, and the list goes on and on.  Only long time Bengals fans would get it.  I challenge you to prove me wrong.

I've been a fan since the mid 70's and a season ticket holder.  It is football, maybe you never played the game and don't understand how things work so you rely on superstition and witchcraft to compensate for your lack of knowledge? 

Reply/Quote
Mike Greenberg

@Espngreeny
The officiating in this game was unimaginably terrible. And very one sided. But that was an obvious call. And it ended the #Bengals season.
#AFCChampionshipGame
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:41 AM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Mike Greenberg

@Espngreeny
The officiating in this game was unimaginably terrible. And very one sided. But that was an obvious call. And it ended the #Bengals season.
#AFCChampionshipGame

Mike Greenberg said that? Wow! I've listened to him and respected him for years. To make a statement like that is stunning.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:37 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I've been a fan since the mid 70's and a season ticket holder.  It is football, maybe you never played the game and don't understand how things work so you rely on superstition and witchcraft to compensate for your lack of knowledge? 

Lol as have I......and being cursed has nothing to do with the supernatural, but it has all to do with just not quite being good enough due to self imposed things errors, or the culture, or whatever it is.  The Bengals have an entire organizational HISTORY of that......which is the most unlikely of things happening at the absolute worst times.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:46 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: Lol as have I......and being cursed has nothing to do with the supernatural, but it has all to do with just not quite being good enough due to self imposed things errors.  The Bengals have an entire organizational HISTORY of that.

Cursed is NOT the FS leaving his area for a TD. 

Cursed is NOT missing a tackle.

CUrsed is NOT a terrible penalty.

It is all football.  I can name some very favorable things that are also football related. This is an extremely terrible take.

Reply/Quote