Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green: Lets Face the Truth
(10-11-2020, 11:24 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: IM NOT GIVING UP ON AJ. Im giving up on Taylors shitty play calls. Green is a humble guy like Barry Sanders was. When a guy like that is showing frustration something is up. Zac Taylor is a dick who is in over his head. He is rubbing all the players the wrong way and causing a problem.

AJ GREEN PLEASE STAY

This
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:20 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Yeah, Green, Atkins, Dunlap, and Ross should all be up for grabs tomorrow. 

But none of them will be.

This is the bs I absolutely hate about bengals fans..Aj,Dunlap and Atkins especially Atkins have given this franchise their all and as soon as you think they're not getting it done it's the hell with them all just sickening..
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 11:24 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: IM NOT GIVING UP ON AJ. Im giving up on Taylors shitty play calls. Green is a humble guy like Barry Sanders was. When a guy like that is showing frustration something is up. Zac Taylor is a dick who is in over his head. He is rubbing all the players the wrong way and causing a problem.

AJ GREEN PLEASE STAY

When you're obviously not giving your all, you lose the right to complain about the play calls.  In fairness, Zac convinced a number of guys to come here in FA.  The guys who seem to be having issues aren't his guys.  They're holdovers from the Marvin regime.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:10 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: This is the bs I absolutely hate about bengals fans..Aj,Dunlap and Atkins especially Atkins have given this franchise their all and as soon as you think they're not getting it done it's the hell with them all just sickening..

That’s sports. The Patriots moved on from Tom Brady ffs.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:10 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: This is the bs I absolutely hate about bengals fans..Aj,Dunlap and Atkins especially Atkins have given this franchise their all and as soon as you think they're not getting it done it's the hell with them all just sickening..

Yeah, but if a player can't 'get it done' any longer, what's the point in keeping them around? Football isn't a sentimental business. 

This season, AJ has done next to nothing...even when he's had the chance, and is apparently dealing with yet another injury. I've always been a huge AJ fan and he will always be one of my favorite Bengals, but at this point he's not helping this team and looks like a shell of himself.

With Dunlap, I think it comes down to how he performs the rest of the year. I think as it stands right now, there's a very real possibility that he isn't back next season.
Reply/Quote

Oh, for Christ's sake.  Give me a freaking break.  Boo-hoo, the guys that are all worth 50+ millions dollars are asked to live up to their contracts.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:28 PM)Synric Wrote: I put some of the blame on Zac Taylor for this one. Marlon Humphrey followed Boyd in the slot and Marcus Peters followed Tee Higgins. Taylor could have used AJ in the slot against the Ravens 3rd and 4th corner but didnt.

Missing something that simple shows just how clueless Zac is. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If anyone on here pays for this site, it may have an interesting take on AJ Green today. I dont pay for it so I cant read it, but saw Jay Morrison tweet the link

https://theathletic.com/2131694/2020/10/11/what-a-j-green-said-what-he-felt-and-what-it-means-in-bengals-pick-six/
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:49 PM)TheFan Wrote: Except he's a better receiver and has always given top notch effort. When have we ever seen AJ put in this type of effort? I love AJ but he has disappointed in our biggest games and has done nothing for over a season and a half now. 

https://youtu.be/B84-mn0oLeI

When both are healthy, Jones is bigger, stronger, faster and a better football player than Green. Hands down, HoF bound. 

I wonder if there's even one single instance of Green going after an interception the way Jones does many times in that video?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not true. Guys like Marvin Jones and Ced Benson had some good games.

As for AJ? I’m very disappointed in him right now. Father Time catching up to him is one thing, it happens, and the injures also took their toll, but this “then trade me” nonsense is pretty ridiculous. Talk about being delusional. Have you watched the film of yourself this season?

He was always the consummate professional, the oh so rare non-diva star WR, but blaming anyone but himself is just a total lack of self awareness. You ain’t 2015 AJ Green anymore bro, not even close.

He doesn’t deserve the C on his jersey, or the 18 mil we’re paying him. Frankly, I’m sad and depressed it’s come to this with yet another Bengal great. FML

Mike Brown strikes yet again. 

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 01:31 AM)bengaloo Wrote: If anyone on here pays for this site, it may have an interesting take on AJ Green today. I dont pay for it so I cant read it, but saw Jay Morrison tweet the link

https://theathletic.com/2131694/2020/10/11/what-a-j-green-said-what-he-felt-and-what-it-means-in-bengals-pick-six/

'Green left the field after playing two snaps early in the third quarter with what the team said was a hamstring injury, although he wasn’t limping as he checked out ahead of a third-and-6 play and there was no sign of ice as the CBS cameras showed him sitting on the bench.

It was during one of those shots that the camera caught Green talking to assistant wide receivers coach Troy Walters. His words weren’t audible, but it was pretty clear to even the most amateur of lip readers that the last thing Green said before the camera cut away was “just trade me.”

What Green said before that is far less clear, as is the context of the conversation. What was clear is that Green was frustrated.

Asked when Green got hurt, Bengals head coach Zac Taylor began his answer by saying, “That’s a great question.”
“It was around (halftime),” Taylor said. “I can’t pinpoint it.”

Green’s final play was a 5-yard hitch, and he was open with Peters playing off of him. But the pressure again got to Burrow quickly, and the quarterback tucked the ball and ran. Green turned around to block, but Burrow was dragged down quickly for a 2-yard gain.

Green looked skyward after that play and rolled his head around in apparent frustration. He was walking off the field a few seconds later as Mike Thomas ran on to replace him.

Wide receiver Tyler Boyd was asked if he sensed any frustration from his teammate.

“Nah. Not really. I think we were all frustrated at a point,” Boyd said. “It was kind of hard to pick out individual guys. We were all upset. Not about our targets or things like that. We all want to win. That’s what it all comes down to. We felt that we left a lot out there, and that was the worst performance of the offense that we’ve ever displayed. I can tell you that will never happen again.”

Taylor said Green never voiced any frustration to him.

“A.J. has been nothing but positive,” he said.

But if Green said what it looked like he said to Walters, it likely was born of frustration and not any sort of demand. His return to action after missing all of 2019 has been disappointing and not productive. He entered Sunday’s game with a 42.4 target-to-catch percentage, the worst among the 135 players with at least 10 catches.

And even if he says he said what it looked like he said and he meant it, the trade market for a 32-year-old wide receiver with declining speed and 14 catches for 119 yards on 34 targets, not to mention one still due 11 game checks totaling $12.4 million, will be almost nil.'
Reply/Quote