Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green has right foot in a boot
Exclamation 
Per PFT NBC:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/30/a-j-green-has-right-foot-in-a-boot/

A.J. Green has right foot in a boot
Posted by Josh Alper on October 30, 2018, 12:27 PM EDT

Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green caught an 11-yard pass from Andy Dalton to move the team into field goal range at the end of last Sunday’s game against the Buccaneers, so the team didn’t have to push for more yards before Randy Bullock put the game-winner through the uprights.

If there had been more football to play, it’s unclear whether Green would have been able to take part as he hurt his toe while making the catch. Green said he was OK after the game, but multiple reporters shared that he was in a protective boot at the team’s facility Tuesday.

With a bye week in Week Nine, the Bengals may just be taking every precaution in order to ensure Green is ready to go when they return to action against the Saints on November 11. The team won’t have to release an injury report until after next Wednesday’s practice, so it may be some time before there’s official word about the severity of the injury.

Green has 45 catches for 687 yards and six touchdowns this season.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully it's off before we have to cue up the shaky optimism that we're gonna finally "spread the ball around."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Of course! And the season of injury insanity continues.
Reply/Quote
Ugh. We're already thin on weapons as it is.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 01:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ugh. We're already thin on weapons as it is.

Looks like someone forgot Auden Tate.
Reply/Quote
Fingers crossed it's minor. Man this team has an injury hex put on it or something.
Reply/Quote
When he went down, the first thing I thought was "turf toe, and that injury lingers," and I started freaking out.

I had put it in the back of my mind, but this is freaking me out again.

Hopefully, it's just precautionary and he'll be good to go.
Reply/Quote
I was hoping we’d trade for a WR, and now even more so.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Looks like someone forgot Auden Tate.

[Image: 200.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Fingers crossed it's minor. Man this team has an injury hex put on it or something.

Quick math, Marvin Lewis has had his chosen starting QB available for 238 out of 255 possible games.  I think we've done ok in this QB-heavy league as far as injuries go.
Reply/Quote
Not worried.

Someone else this year was in the same sitch and it was precautionary.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Damn it!

If only we knew this Hue could've traded us Landry before he got shhht canned!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Someone tweeted out that it's precautionary. A lot of times just getting weight off that toe with the boot can help with some discomfort.
Reply/Quote
Seasons over
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Quick math, Marvin Lewis has had his chosen starting QB available for 238 out of 255 possible games.  I think we've done ok in this QB-heavy league as far as injuries go.

Ttue, but those injuries have come at the worst possible times and to the best teams he's had
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: When he went down, the first thing I thought was "turf toe, and that injury lingers," and I started freaking out.

I had put it in the back of my mind, but this is freaking me out again.  

Hopefully, it's just precautionary and he'll be good to go.

Thought the exact same thing. That turf toe has struck AJ before. Hope it isn't that and just a toe sprain or something
that can heal in a week. Remember the turf toe made AJ sit out multiple games before.
Reply/Quote
AJ did say after the game, he jammed his toe. He'll be fine guys.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 03:49 PM)sandwedge Wrote: AJ did say after the game, he jammed his toe. He'll be fine guys.

Thanks Wedge. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Its precautionary. A nagging small injury to the big toe can be chronic. AJ has the luxury of a week off to rest it and to allow it to heal. I'll start worrying if he is still in a boot when practice resumes next week.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 03:39 PM)Brimey Wrote: Ttue, but those injuries have come at the worst possible times and to the best teams he's had

The same thing happened to the Cardinals, Dolphins, Raiders and Eagles in the past few years.  Pretty common stuff, really.
Reply/Quote