Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks
Zac Taylor stated “He feels A.J. Green should be back before 8 weeks “ I thought all along Green would miss way more games than just two. The fact that they even make this statement makes me think the injury was serious.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 05:39 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Zac Taylor stated “He feels A.J. Green should be back before 8 weeks “ I thought all along Green would miss way more games than just two. The fact that they even make this statement makes me think the injury was serious.

6 weeks would have had him miss one game and 8 weeks could have brought him back Week 4.  Zac knows that the fans hang on every word concerning injuries to star players. 

"He's somebody that we gotta make a designation on right now and feel like we're going to get him back in the first eight weeks," Taylor told local reporters. "We're just going to continue to carry him on the roster."

"Right now, everything's been on schedule, and we intend on him coming back the first half of the season," Taylor said. Green has not spoken to the media since he the injury occurred on July 27.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27509138/bengals-carry-injured-wr-green-roster

Even mentioning half the season really worries me.  Please God, don't let Eifert get hurt again, because I don't think we have a chance with just Boyd and Mixon carrying the load.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 09:43 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: 6 weeks would have had him miss one game and 8 weeks could have brought him back Week 4.  Zac knows that the fans hang on every word concerning injuries to star players. 

"He's somebody that we gotta make a designation on right now and feel like we're going to get him back in the first eight weeks," Taylor told local reporters. "We're just going to continue to carry him on the roster."

"Right now, everything's been on schedule, and we intend on him coming back the first half of the season," Taylor said. Green has not spoken to the media since he the injury occurred on July 27.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27509138/bengals-carry-injured-wr-green-roster

Even mentioning half the season really worries me.  Please God, don't let Eifert get hurt again, because I don't think we have a chance with just Boyd and Mixon carrying the load.

I agree with you.

All ZT said was no IR as we think he is back in 8 weeks. The pessimists will jump (no way of knowing his real projected date back) to he won;t be back until weeks 6 - 8. The optimists will jump (now way of knowing either)  to back in weeks 2 to 4.

I hope he is back sooner than later, but we all heal at different rates so no idea when he comes back to the rigors of starting on Sundays. But reading into it, he could have used his roster spot, but did not so I think Zac is confident if no setbacks he is back prior to week 6.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Not that I'm counting on it, but there is a chance that Willis will fill in very nicely in AJ's absence, the other TE's step up and Mixon's able to break lose and gain yardage beyond the paltry running game yardage of the past few seasons. They're gonna have to as I don't expect the D to hold many teams from scoring in droves with a LB core of what we have.. I could be wrong though.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 12:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree with you.

All ZT said was no IR as we think he is back in 8 weeks. The pessimists will jump (no way of knowing his real projected date back) to he won;t be back until weeks 6 - 8. The optimists will jump (now way of knowing either)  to back in weeks 2 to 4.

I hope he is back sooner than later, but we all heal at different rates so no idea when he comes back to the rigors of starting on Sundays. But reading into it, he could have used his roster spot, but did not so I think Zac is confident if no setbacks he is back prior to week 6.

I circled the Steelers game (Week 4) when the injury first happened, so I'm not quite disappointed just yet but am starting to get more nervous.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 01:05 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I circled the Steelers game (Week 4) when the injury first happened, so I'm not quite disappointed just yet but am starting to get more nervous.

Why be nervous or be worried? We have no control so as has been said, maybe a Willis or others step up in his absence. We will see, but we know no one did in 2018 albeit with a poor back up QB throwing to them.

These receivers (all of them) are getting a golden opportunity to shine in AJ's absence, that is the bright side of it.

Who knows, maybe John Ross emerges and shocks the forum. That would be awesome if he did.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote