Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks
(07-28-2019, 12:11 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So was Eifert's. Jesus.

We need to know which ligament and what grade to determine a prognosis, but their not going to release that hiding behind HIPAA. But, just announcing he has an injury is a violation of HIPAA.

So, every time every team in the league, or pretty much every league everywhere, announces an injury, which they all do all the time, they are committing a violation?  And you're not doing anything about it?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 10:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You can't just look at stats, you have to look at what's going on around the offense as well. Did he have a credible threat on the other side of the field, or a decent tight end to take some pressure off of him? No. Everyone knew Andy was going to have to force it to Green, and he still comes up with it. He's top 3 without a doubt. He just has had a harder work load. 

Why does everyone always come up with so many excuses when their players don't have elite numbers...(rhetorical)

AJ Green is a very good WR but he's not elite. He's undoubtedly Dalton's top target but even with that, his numbers don't match top 5 guys. 

Elite talent, no question. Elite production, no.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 10:51 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why does everyone always come up with so many excuses when their players don't have elite numbers...(rhetorical)

AJ Green is a very good WR but he's not elite. He's undoubtedly Dalton's top target but even with that, his numbers don't match top 5 guys. 

Elite talent, no question. Elite production, no.

What do you consider elite production? AJ Green has had some great seasons and a few where he was hurt...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 11:06 AM)Synric Wrote: What do you consider elite production? AJ Green has had some great seasons and a few where he was hurt...

He said aj green was a top 3 receiver

Aj green has never finished in the top 3 in any receiving category
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 10:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He's a top 3 receiver in the league, and you want to let the lease expire because he sprained his ankle? This board is really sad sometimes.....

I am one of the biggest AJ Green fans on this entire board, but there is absolutely no way he’s anywhere close to top 3 at this point.

More like top 10.

Reply/Quote
AJ can pull a "Rossy" and get 7 TDs with a hurt ankle. When we get to the opposing team's 5 yrd line, have him limp to the endzone and score TDs. And just like Ross, produce hardly anything the entire game but just get a TD.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 11:07 AM)TopSix Wrote: He said aj green was a top 3 receiver

Aj green has never finished in the top 3 in any receiving category

So by your reasoning Josh Gordon would be the 3rd best receiver in the NFL today behind Julio #1 and AB #2.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 11:19 AM)Synric Wrote: So by your reasoning Josh Gordon would be the 3rd best receiver in the NFL today behind Julio #1 and AB #2.

This is so stilly and nonsensical I can’t even comprehend how you’d argue this.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 10:48 AM)McC Wrote: So, every time every team in the league, or pretty much every league everywhere, announces an injury, which they all do all the time, they are committing a violation?  And you're not doing anything about it?

As I understand HIPAA it's a patient's tights to have access to his/her medical information and have that information released to those folks they authorize. I'd imagine teams have the player's permission. Of course I'm not expert, but I assume the NFL (owners and players) have a few. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 11:22 AM)TopSix Wrote: This is so stilly and nonsensical I can’t even comprehend how you’d argue this.

In 2013 Josh Gordon put up 1646 yards which made him the top receiver that year and makes him 14th all time. Only 2 receivers in the league today to top that are Julio and AB.

Reply/Quote
Just a friendly reminder that name calling and making posts that attack another user are serious violations of the Code of Conduct. Violations of this type are not taken lightly by the Bengals Board Staff, as they are not only disruptive to normal discussion, they create ill sentiments among normally peaceful members of the board community.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 11:27 AM)Synric Wrote: In 2013 Josh Gordon put up over 1646 yards which made him the top receiver that year and makes him 14th all time. Only 2 receivers in the league today to top that are Julio and AB.

Yes. That’s right. Based on 5 years ago and then 3 years out of the nfl we should treat t hat the same as aj greens entire 8 year career.

You’re brilliant. I bet In 2014 Arian foster led the league in all purpose yards. In your logic hes still a top 3 back.

Lol. This is so dumb. Does everything need to be so literal for you to comprehend?
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 11:06 AM)Synric Wrote: What do you consider elite production? AJ Green has had some great seasons and a few where he was hurt...

Minimum (these numbers are an approximate average of the #5 receiver each year, since 2011)

95+ receptions
1400+ yards
10+ tds

In '12 and '13 he was right around those numbers but that only put him in the neighborhood of top 5 in most of them.

He hasn't come close to being top 5 in production since '13. That's 5 straight seasons...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 11:19 AM)Synric Wrote: So by your reasoning Josh Gordon would be the 3rd best receiver in the NFL today behind Julio #1 and AB #2.

1 season =/= a career. That's a silly argument.

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 11:36 AM)TopSix Wrote: Yes.  That’s right.  Based on 5 years ago and then 3 years out of the nfl we should treat t hat the same as aj greens entire 8 year career.  

You’re brilliant.   I bet In 2014 Arian foster led the league in all purpose yards.  In your logic hes still a top 3 back.

Lol.  This is so dumb.  Does everything need to be so literal for you to comprehend?

My logic? I'm using your logic of receivers putting up "top 3 stats"...Its a poor argument. Some fans cling to stats and that is so wrong. 

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 11:43 AM)Synric Wrote: My logic? I'm using your logic of receivers putting up "top 3 stats"...Its a poor argument. Some fans cling to stats and that is so wrong. 

No, on multiple levels.

You don't take one stat, in one year, and use it as a comparison for a career. That should be self-evident.

If you don't use stats to gauge a players rank among his peers, what do you use?

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 11:48 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No, on multiple levels.

You don't take one stat, in one year, and use it as a comparison for a career. That should be self-evident.

If you don't use stats to gauge a players rank among his peers, what do you use?

I dont believe AJ is a top 3 receiver if I had to rank the top 3 it would be Julio AB Hopkins.

...but anyone with eyes knows how dangerous AJ Green is when hes on the field that's why hes been consistently voted on by his peers as a top player usually around the top 25. 

Reply/Quote
Never really understood the emphasis people place on oh, he's a top five, top three, top ten, top one hundred and thirty seven.

As far as AJ goes, suffice it to say he's a great player and our entire team is nowhere near as good without him and DC's all around the league always have and still game plan to take him away.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 11:57 AM)McC Wrote: Never really understood the emphasis people place on oh, he's a top five, top three, top ten, top one hundred and thirty seven.

As far as AJ goes, suffice it to say he's a great player and our entire team is nowhere near as good without him and DC's all around the league always have and still game plan to take him away.

Because ranking things is fun. Making lists is fun, etc.

No need to take it so seriously. Just something to debate on a MB.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 04:18 PM)Trademark Wrote: I’m at the training camp in Dayton and he’s being helped off the field

I do believe this,if those of you that believe in prayer and you pray to our Heavenly Father and it truly comes from your heart,he will answer your prayer, and I so believe this because I personally know this to be true and we all need to pray for A.J. Green to be healed and stay healthy,as Prayer is the only answer that  is needed. So please pray for this man that God will heal him and allow him to continue on. ThumbsUp :andy:
Reply/Quote