Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
AJ Green is soft
(12-05-2017, 01:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This. We made it too damn easy for them.

I'm hearing Geno was being badly held much the 2nd half
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: lol okay I'm done, you're a clown. 

Ahh yes- the intelligent argument.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: lol okay I'm done, you're a clown. 

Last night’s announcers would applaud your patience.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:50 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Ahh yes- the intelligent argument.

Please give me a list of "clutch" receivers. I.E. they have never dropped a pass on an important drive. If you can provide said list I'll concede, considering every WR in the NFL has this makes your whole basis of your argument moot. If you boil down a whole game to a single play disregarding other "big" moments then you can't possibly have an intelligent discussion about someone's ability because you are so hell bent on a single moment and miss the bigger picture.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: Please give me a list of "clutch" receivers. I.E. they have never dropped a pass on an important drive. If you can provide said list, I'll concede, considering every WR in the NFL has this makes your whole basis of your argument moot. If you boil down a whole game to a single game disregarding other "big" moments then you can't possibly have an intelligent discussion about someone's ability because you are so hell bent on a single moment and miss the bigger picture.

I feel like it would be answered best by posing this question- if you had one drive, and you needed one receiver/TE to be able to rely on and make catches- who would you choose and why? Where does AJ fall on your list and why?

You’re confusing great with clutch, and if you have read my comments- you would understand that I feel the lack of clutch for anyone on this team is due to Marvin Lewis. Right now- in these past 7 years, I have not seen anyone I truly trust to make a play when it really matters. including AJ.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I can't call Green elite. I'm sorry, but elite receivers don't drop passes that hit you square in both hands in the 4th QTR on an all-important drive. There's no excuse for that.

He's still great, but he's just not elite.

(12-05-2017, 01:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's not about the drop. It's about WHEN it occurred.

What a clown show.

But Andy's horrible play for most of the year and you excuse it away? GTFO of here.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I can't call Green elite. I'm sorry, but elite receivers don't drop passes that hit you square in both hands in the 4th QTR on an all-important drive. There's no excuse for that.

He's still great, but he's just not elite.

(12-05-2017, 01:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's not about the drop. It's about WHEN it occurred.

What a clown show.

Andy's played horrible for most of the year in a ton of KEY moments and you excuse it away over and over. GTFO of here. What a joke.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:59 PM)PDub80 Wrote: What a clown show.

But Andy's horrible play for most of the year and you excuse it away? GTFO of here.

Why does holding our “All-Star” accountable automatically mean we are absolving Andy for what has been horrendous play as of late.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:02 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Why does holding our “All-Star” accountable automatically mean we are absolving Andy for what has been horrendous play as of late.

Because that poster defends literally EVERY criticism against Dalton without fail. Yet he’s going on about AJ Green over a couple plays in a game where he had multiple TD’s.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:09 AM)Trademark Wrote: He may be considered elite but all too often he fails to show up when it matters the most and alone too often he will drop passes. Hate to say it cause I like Green but he’s soft, guess it’s a mantra of this team as a whole

Go say that to his face.

He would knock you out man. Mellow
Reply/Quote
This has got to be one of the dumbest threads that has ever been created on this board.
Reply/Quote
Dalton has a 96.3 passer rating with 2 TDs, multiple clutch throws and runs, and was hurt by multiple drops (mostly LaFell)
Green had 7-77-2 (on 16 targets)

Both had great games. Dalton got roasted in a thread for somehow not being "clutch". I imagine the same folks freaking out about this thread were AWOL in the Dalton thread. Why is it ok to bash one and not the other? 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:21 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: This has got to be one of the dumbest threads that has ever been created on this board.

Believe it or not, no one on this team is untouchable, not even AJ.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton has a 96.3 passer rating with 2 TDs, multiple clutch throws and runs, and was hurt by multiple drops (mostly LaFell)

Both had great games. Dalton got roasted in a thread for somehow not being "clutch". I imagine the same folks freaking out about this thread were AWOL in the Dalton thread. Why is it ok to bash one and not the other? 

It is amazing isn't it?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton has a 96.3 passer rating with 2 TDs, multiple clutch throws and runs, and was hurt by multiple drops (mostly LaFell)

Because Green, Marvin Jones, Mo Sanu, and Tyler Eifert all carried Dalton the whole game....duh.

Oh......wait...... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Not going to bash either with this coaching staff. Dalton has done about as well as you can with what has been going
on around him. Nice for the O-line to finally start opening up holes in the running game but for the majority of the year
it has been bad pass and run blocking, epicly bad and he hasn't been throwing interceptions lately which is kind of crazy.

AJ dropped some passes but it was raining. But even he said it is no excuse.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: Because Green, Marvin Jones, Mo Sanu, and Tyler Eifert all carried Dalton the whole game....duh.

Oh......wait...... Mellow

Lol yep. Dalton's amazing cast carrying him once again. 20 TDs to 4 INTs since Lazor's promotion.

(12-05-2017, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not going to bash either with this coaching staff. Dalton has done about as well as you can with what has been going
on around him. Nice for the O-line to finally start opening up holes in the running game but for the majority of the year
it has been bad pass and run blocking, epicly bad and he hasn't been throwing interceptions lately which is kind of crazy.

AJ dropped some passes but it was raining. But even he said it is no excuse.

Agree on both. I think AJ and Dalton both played their hearts out. The ticky tack hold call on Gio cost us the W.

The drop(s?) didn't bother me all that much. The last one really hurt us, but it doesn't mean Green had a bad game. He was a major reason we should've won.

That said...would anyone accept "rain" as an excuse if Dalton were sailing passes and it cost us the game? Lol we all know the answer to that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol yep. Dalton's amazing cast carrying him once again. 20 TDs to 4 INTs since Lazor's promotion.

Agree on both. I think AJ and Dalton both played their hearts out. The ticky tack hold call on Gio cost us the W.

The drop(s?) didn't bother me all that much. The last one really hurt us, but it doesn't mean Green had a bad game. He was a major reason we should've won.

That said...would anyone accept "rain" as an excuse if Dalton were sailing passes and it cost us the game? Lol we all know the answer to that.

For sure, if this soft Green guy didn't have 2 receiving TD's and what should of been 3 what would be the score?

Dalton played well, these guys are just handcuffed as we have been saying all season. Not Lazor's fault either as
we see Dalton's numbers since he has been OC. This has happened with all the OC's over Marv's tenure.
Reply/Quote
I believe Green's first "drop" where the steelers challgenged it, was actually a catch. Green should have been considered a runner, as he already completed the process of the catch.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, if this soft Green guy didn't have 2 receiving TD's and what should of been 3 what would be the score?

Dalton played well, these guys are just handcuffed as we have been saying all season. Not Lazor's fault either as
we see Dalton's numbers since he has been OC. This has happened with all the OC's over Marv's tenure.

I've been impressed with Lazor, but the 2nd half scoring is alarming. I think we're dead last in the 2nd half?

We average 14.2 points in the 1st half (which is excellent) since his promotion, but only 6.8 points in the 2nd half (which is awful).
Reply/Quote