Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
AJ Green is soft
(12-05-2017, 03:10 PM)Froob Wrote: I believe Green's first "drop" where the steelers challgenged it, was actually a catch. Green should have been considered a runner, as he already completed the process of the catch.

This stuff happens all the time when teams play the Stealers and it is truly pathetic.

They always get the benefit of the doubt.

(12-05-2017, 03:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've been impressed with Lazor, but the 2nd half scoring is alarming. I think we're dead last in the 2nd half?

We average 14.2 points in the 1st half (which is excellent) since his promotion, but only 6.8 points in the 2nd half (which is awful).

This has been going on a lot longer than Lazor has been here and i don't find it to be a coincidence.

Lazor has said that Marv is in his ear.

Probably one of the biggest reasons to move on from him, he is a Defensive coach sticking his nose in the Offense.

He just keeps doing it too, extremely frustrating.
Reply/Quote
I think that a better way to put it is that even the most talented players on this team fall apart at crunch time. A dropped pass by AJ or a late hit from Atkins, it’s a cultural thing.
Reply/Quote
Iloka is more soft. Mentally soft. Gave up two plays on the football to seek big hits. Either one could have won the game. Unacceptable.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:59 PM)PDub80 Wrote: What a clown show.

But Andy's horrible play for most of the year and you excuse it away? GTFO of here.

I don't excuse anything.

(12-05-2017, 02:00 PM)PDub80 Wrote: What a clown show.

Andy's played horrible for most of the year in a ton of KEY moments and you excuse it away over and over. GTFO of here. What a joke.

Saying it twice isn't going to make it true.
(12-05-2017, 02:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because that poster defends literally EVERY criticism against Dalton without fail. Yet he’s going on about AJ Green over a couple plays in a game where he had multiple TD’s.

Wow. Not a single thing you said is true. Do me a favor, don't talk about me if it's going to be nothing but lies. Ok? Thanks. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've been impressed with Lazor, but the 2nd half scoring is alarming. I think we're dead last in the 2nd half?

We average 14.2 points in the 1st half (which is excellent) since his promotion, but only 6.8 points in the 2nd half (which is awful).

Fun fact, in the last 28 games, the Bengals have averaged 7.3 points in the second half, and 3.8 in the fourth quarter. Sick

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Fun fact, in the last 28 games, the Bengals have averaged 7.3 points in the second half, and 3.8 in the fourth quarter. Sick

Wowzers. So this has been going on for awhile. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Fun fact, in the last 28 games, the Bengals have averaged 7.3 points in the second half, and 3.8 in the fourth quarter. Sick

This is Marvin ball. 
He gets a lead then tucks his tail, foot off the gas. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wowzers. So this has been going on for awhile. 

Yep.....

(12-05-2017, 04:17 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: This is Marvin ball. 

......and yep.

Reply/Quote

Shocked

(12-05-2017, 04:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wowzers. So this has been going on for awhile. 

Sure has, like i said, cannot put the blame on Lazor if he has to listen to Marv in the 2nd half.

(12-05-2017, 04:17 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: This is Marvin ball. 

Yes sir.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:10 PM)Froob Wrote: I believe Green's first "drop" where the steelers challgenged it, was actually a catch. Green should have been considered a runner, as he already completed the process of the catch.

Agreed!!

I am just really over the NFL definition of a catch.  It's not on the ground, it's not in the other team's possession, it's in Green's hands, but because of the WAY it's in his hand it's not a catch.

I call BS on the league for that definition.   But with regard to this game Brown should have been awarded the touchdown if the league observes my definition of a catch and a touchdown.
Reply/Quote

If that is fun to you, then I will take back my RSVP to your Christmas party!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:39 PM)sandwedge Wrote: If that is fun to you, then I will take back my RSVP to your Christmas party!! Hilarious

LMAO LMAO LMAO :andy:

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:45 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Iloka is more soft. Mentally soft. Gave up two plays on the football to seek big hits. Either one could have won the game. Unacceptable.

Especially the first one.  The ball was right there.  He didn't even look at it.

That's just stupid, stupid, stupid.   

My kids object to my behavior during the games (I mean they have a point) but I do OK until our players or coaches just start going stupid on us.

And though you can say every player is responsible for their decisions (they are) there is no way a db on a Belichick team sits there and watches a player run by him untouched on the sideline.  Jackson didn't have to hit the guy, just literally give him a tiny push to redirect him out of bounds.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: AJ scored to move us to 24....talk to the refs and Gio about what happened after. The play on the under thrown ball, and the ensuing moves he had to put on two defenders in open field were as clutch as it gets.

I love how you keep trying to highlight a "poorly underthrown ball" when it was 50 yards, with his feet not set, in the rain, while watt was in his face after the "hold".  You're just showing you're nothing but a hater.
:andy:
Reply/Quote
If only there was another first round WR on the roster to take focus off AJ Green and also open up some underneath routes so that AJ Green doesn't have to do everything himself...oh wait....
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:45 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Iloka is more soft. Mentally soft. Gave up two plays on the football to seek big hits. Either one could have won the game. Unacceptable.

The one that straight up bounced off his shoulder because he was going after the receiver rather than looking at the ball did irritate me.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 05:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If only there was another first round WR on the roster to take focus off AJ Green and also open up some underneath routes so that AJ Green doesn't have to do everything himself...oh wait....

Ah yes.....the good ol "healthy scratch".... Mellow

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 05:02 PM)WhoDeyandtheBlowFish Wrote: I love how you keep trying to highlight a "poorly underthrown ball" when it was 50 yards, with his feet not set, in the rain, while watt was in his face after the "hold".  You're just showing you're nothing but a hater.

Was the ball thrown to the WR, farther than the WR, or not as far of the WR? It was thrown not as far, meaning under thrown. He had to come to a complete stop, meaning it wasn't slightly under thrown it was poorly under thrown. Conditions or not that's what the outcome of the throw was, AJ went and salvaged it. Using the term "hater" is such a cliche anymore that it is comical, that was just the reality of the throw. I was actually happy with the play of Dalton most the night, but that ball easily could have been picked in which case we are sitting around saying he never should have let it go and ate the sack.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 05:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ah yes.....the good ol "healthy scratch".... Mellow

Isn't that called the Al Bundy? Hilarious
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 05:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: Was the ball thrown to the WR, farther than the WR, or not as far of the WR? It was thrown not as far, meaning under thrown. He had to come to a complete stop, meaning it wasn't slightly under thrown it was poorly under thrown. Conditions or not that's what the outcome of the throw was, AJ went and salvaged it.

You know you're a hater when ...

... you criticize the QB for COMPLETING A PASS.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote