Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ and FO Very far apart in contract talks.
So I heard on radio this morning that the FO and a Green are very far apart in talks. Ok hate to keep bringing this up but if talks are that bad already surely they knew this before the trade deadline. So again why not trade him. Nothing they can do now but one would think they had to know where they stand in talks before the trade deadline, wouldn’t you think? I know we bash this FO and rightfully so but can they really be this inept.
Reply/Quote
We gotta make it work.
Reply/Quote
Can they be this inept? You betcha!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly the FO is smart to play hardball they have most of the power in the negotiations and plenty of time to work with...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I hope he gets out of here as soon as possible. He deserves it.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 06:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: Can they be this inept? You betcha!

Damn right they can be. So bad that it leaves all minds from all different perspectives asking WTH? It's almost as if this FO is being ran by a 12yr old kid who plays soccer and don't know anything about football? I swear, one day AJ will be traded for a pack of baseball cards, or a compensatory pick. What's the difference? 

Reply/Quote
Serious, wouldn't you think they would see how far apart they are before the trade deadline since he can basically walk after this season.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 06:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Honestly the FO is smart to play hardball they have most of the power in the negotiations and plenty of time to work with...

True with AD, not with AJ tho? 

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 06:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Damn right they can be. So bad that it leaves all minds from all different perspectives asking WTH? It's almost as if this FO is being ran by a 12yr old kid who plays soccer and don't know anything about football? I swear, one day AJ will be traded for a pack of baseball cards, or a compensatory pick. What's the difference? 

The baseball cards may have value some day.
Reply/Quote
The team has only won one game without him over the past 16 games. The 8 games before that they went 5-3.

But to Mike Brown and ******** Troy and Mikey clone Katie, they probably expect a home town double discount.

Katie and Troy are so focused on fixing their 0-8 team that they took a winter vacation to Switzerland. I'm not against people taking a vacation, but when the owner takes off during a crisis you have to wonder if they even see that there's a crisis with their team.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 07:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: True with AD, not with AJ tho? 

They have most of the power with AJ... injury history aside they can tag him which he will be 32 next year. He can refuse to sign it or play but then he will be 33 in that following season.

They have plenty of time to come to a solid agreement almost a full year potentially.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 06:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Damn right they can be. So bad that it leaves all minds from all different perspectives asking WTH? It's almost as if this FO is being ran by a 12yr old kid who plays soccer and don't know anything about football? I swear, one day AJ will be traded for a pack of baseball cards, or a compensatory pick. What's the difference? 

It's almost too inept in my opinion.

This sure feels like a FO/team trying to be ran outta town purposely now.

If that is not the case, then arrogance and ignorance have an firm intertwined grasp on this Bengals think-tank.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 07:06 PM)Synric Wrote: They have most of the power with AJ... injury history aside they can tag him which he will be 33 next year. He can refuse to sign it or play but then he will be 34 in that following season.

They have plenty of time to come to a solid agreement almost a full year potentially.

He can refuse to sign it, then go and stay in shape and workout with some QBs. Meanwhile, the Bengals will continue to lose and Mikey will have mud on his face once against, as he usually does with these things.

And, believe it or not, but this could bring an end to the Franchise tag in the next contract negotiations with the NFLPA. Now, I'm not a fan of the NFLPA, but if an ass of an owner like Mike Brown is just so spiteful that he uses rules to hurt someone's career, someone he's not willing to pay, then I'd have to side with an end to the Franchise tag and many owners might actually agree with that.

Reply/Quote
Figured as much when AJ said “I know how much I’m worth” in his interview earlier this week.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 07:10 PM)BengalChris Wrote: He can refuse to sign it, then go and stay in shape and workout with some QBs. Meanwhile, the Bengals will continue to lose and Mikey will have mud on his face once against, as he usually does with things.

Just saying there is no reason for them to jump the gun they have alot of power in the negotiations and plenty of time to come to an agreement. 

The NFL is first and foremost a business.

Edit: Have to remember AJ is probably wanting a Julio Jones contract around 20m a year.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 07:11 PM)Synric Wrote: Just saying there is no reason for them to jump the gun they have alot of power in the negotiations and plenty of time to come to an agreement. 

The NFL is first and foremost a business.

Edit: Have to remember AJ is probably wanting a Julio Jones contract around 20m a year.

Maybe, but he said he'd sign a contract if it were fair. What fair means to him might be different from what I think it means, but to me it doesn't mean near the highest at a position.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals won't give much guaranteed money to a player who has missed 22 of the last 40 games. AJ will be tagged. He will play or retire. MB will be satisfied either way.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 07:10 PM)BengalChris Wrote: He can refuse to sign it, then go and stay in shape and workout with some QBs. Meanwhile, the Bengals will continue to lose and Mikey will have mud on his face once against, as he usually does with these things.

And, believe it or not, but this could bring an end to the Franchise tag in the next contract negotiations with the NFLPA. Now, I'm not a fan of the NFLPA, but if an ass of an owner like Mike Brown is just so spiteful that he uses rules to hurt someone's career, someone he's not willing to pay, then I'd have to side with an end to the Franchise tag and many owners might actually agree with that.

The tag was negotiated by the players and owners. How do you think the team isn't being fair to AJ. He has missed 22 of the last 40 games while being paid nearly one million per game. If they tag him he has two options play or retire. MB didn't let Palmer dictate what he does and I don't think he will let AJ do it either. The Raiders gave him two first rounders to change his mind . I doubt anyone will do that to get a oft injured 31 old receiver .
Reply/Quote
The Front Office mishandled AD and is mishandling AJ.

For Andy if they felt they needed to change and to evaluate Finley then tell Andy long enough in advance for his agent to have a real chance to arrange a trade and....ACTUALLY ACCEPT A REASONABLE DEAL. Then they look better and do better than a comp pick.

For AJ they either needed to do a trade or if they really want him then SHOW IT. Make a legit offer that even if not immediately accepted does not leave parties "far apart" but instead lets AJ know they actually value him and are not trying to "win" a negotiation again.

On the "trying to leave town" angle that is where the NFL could help us fans a LOT. Make it crystal clear that no move of the team will be approved because of the behavior of the front office and their lack of effort in fielding a consistent NFL quality (defined as winning) product.
Reply/Quote
Can the most inept front office in the NFL be this inept?

yes  Coffee
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote