Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Aaron Rodgers released?
(12-24-2017, 09:39 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Very good possibility due to violation of ir rule. If we could sign Rodgers....... Man our team would be instantly sb favorite

Wow! Now I really want to what you spiked your eggnog with so I can try it too. Cheers Drunk
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 09:49 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Ahhh heck, it's Christmas so I will let this one slide and keep the sarcastic comment to myself. However, if it's on your Christmas list, remove it to prevent disappointment. Green Bay is one of the league elites and typical rules that apply to teams like ours, do not apply in Green Bay.

Dilly Dilly.
Dilly Dilly!
Reply/Quote
Lots of sarcasm here, but he's right. GB could be in real trouble here.

If I was Rodgers and I was released, I'm going to JAX!
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 10:10 AM)wcu Wrote: He’s a vested veteran. If he were released, he wouldn’t be subject to waivers and would be free to sign with any team he chose.

That's only prior to week 8.

After week 8, all players are subject to waivers.

As to the rule, it isn't part of the Gameday Operations, so not available online.  The only reference to this 6 week concept I can find is the ESPN article starting the whole thing.  Outside of that I can only see the phrase not immediately available for participation with a club as the criteria.

For the record, anyone wanting Rodgers released should consider the rule as it relates to WJIII last season.  We elected to bring back Peerman last season to shore up the special teams in lieu of WJIII, although he would have been capable of returning prior to season's end.  If ESPN's version of the rule is correct, we should have been required to release WJIII prior to season's end as he was then healthy enough to play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Whether he released or not, which I highly doubt he actually will be. There's two big problems with us.

1. There's no way in hell he'd even think about wanting to come join this $h1t storm of a dumpster fire.

2. There's no way in hell Mikey would put up the money.

It is nice to dream though
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 12:24 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Let’s get him. Also let’s get Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick too. Let’s put Jerry Rice in a time machine and sign 1987 Jerry Rice. Special advisor-Vince Lombardi. Scouting department will consist of Jesus and Santa.

AND Tom Brady. Imagine THAT Wildcat, right????
Reply/Quote
Okay hold on. Even if the Packers are forced to release him, common sense dictates he'll just re-sign with them. Unless he's super unhappy and gets a free get out of jail card. Grow up.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 02:36 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Okay hold on. Even if the Packers are forced to release him, common sense dictates he'll just re-sign with them. Unless he's super unhappy and gets a free get out of jail card. Grow up.

He might, as a change of pace, want to go to a team that will actually block for him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 02:45 PM)McC Wrote: He might, as a change of pace, want to go to a team that will actually block for him.

Well that immediately eliminates Cincinnati from potential landing spots.
Reply/Quote
Aww, c'mon AR wants to be a Bengal with our snazzy striped helmets. Who wouldn't want to wear one and Mikey loves him some QBs . Heck, he might even sell his 1978 Chevy Chevette for him!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Rodgers would be a nice backup to Andy if we deal AJM in the off-season.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Let's sign him! We would win a Superbowl.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 12:38 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Wow! Now I really want to what you spiked your eggnog with so I can try it too. Cheers Drunk

Lol some wish juice? But in all seriousness it's reported that enough owners are putting pressure that it's a 50/50 that he is released.
Reply/Quote
Cincy would be a great spot imo. Less media coverage, and a great defense, something he's never had.itll never happen, even though we could if we wanted to and interest was there by cutting underpreforming players.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 09:39 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Very good possibility due to violation of ir rule. If we could sign Rodgers....... Man our team would be instantly sb favorite

Are you suggesting that the ONLY reason we're not Superbowl favorites is because of our quarterback??
Hilarious
Reply/Quote
It would only be right to the NFL if he could go to the Steelers to continue the wwe drama.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 02:28 AM)BMK Wrote: Are you suggesting that the ONLY reason we're not Superbowl favorites is because of our quarterback??
Hilarious
No, it's inferior coaching. But goat QBs win in spite of coaching. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 12:52 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: For the record, anyone wanting Rodgers released should consider the rule as it relates to WJIII last season.  We elected to bring back Peerman last season to shore up the special teams in lieu of WJIII, although he would have been capable of returning prior to season's end.  If ESPN's version of the rule is correct, we should have been required to release WJIII prior to season's end as he was then healthy enough to play.

No. The problem is, Green Bay brought him back to play a game, then sent him to IR without a new injury. Jackson was never reactivated.
Reply/Quote
I think that the closest we'll get to AR is the Packers releasing their Oline and us signing them which is kind of like trading up from a 77 Chevette to a 78 chevette with one tire that's not quite as bald and just slightly less rust.
And by the way I owned both of those vehicular suicide machines at one time or another. You may express your envy at any moment now. I'll be waiting patiently for the next 500 years..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 07:08 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Well that immediately eliminates Cincinnati from potential landing spots.
For sure.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote