Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Aaron Rodgers released?
The league announced it won't enforce the rule.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 12:44 PM)McC Wrote: The league announced it won't enforce the rule.

Well crap..my never to happen fantasy isn't coming true this season. 

Sing along if you know the words..
Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, I'm gonna eat some worms today...big worms, little worms, ewey gooey worms.......  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 10:14 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Which would be Green Bay.

Or the 49ers. Like me, he was a 49ers fan growing up. If your favorite team as a kid wants to sign you...

BUT yeah, he'd go back to Green Bay.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 02:08 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Or the 49ers. Like me, he was a 49ers fan growing up. If your favorite team as a kid wants to sign you...

Kinda like ML going back to Pittsburgh where he's always wanted to be.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 06:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Kinda like ML going back to Pittsburgh where he's always wanted to be.

They can have him. 

In fact, I'd put money on him ending up in Pittsburgh once he gets out of Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 08:01 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: They can have him. 

In fact, I'd put money on him ending up in Pittsburgh once he gets out of Cincy.

Although this may sound like some conspiracy type thinking? You don't end up with a record against Pittsburgh like his unless there was something there. The freaken steelers planted someone on the inside. It was biblical in some manner. They planted and the owner loved. He is a plague of devastation.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 08:01 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: They can have him. 

His numbers say he's been on their payroll for 15 years.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 06:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Kinda like ML going back to Pittsburgh where he's always wanted to be.

Maybe that's why he always rolled over for Sh..tsburg.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 02:12 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Cincy would be a great spot imo. Less media coverage, and a great defense, something  he's never had.itll never happen, even though we could if we wanted to and interest was there by cutting underpreforming players.

What Bengals team have you been watching, this year?  This team doesn't block or tackle well.  Likely one of the last places that an elite, future HOFer would want to come end his career.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 09:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Although this may sound like some conspiracy type thinking? You don't end up with a record against Pittsburgh like his unless there was something there. The freaken steelers planted someone on the inside. It was biblical in some manner. They planted and the owner loved. He is a plague of devastation.

There is no conspiracy. Marvin grew up and loved everything Pittsburgh. 

It would be ludicrous to think his desire to beat them with Cincinnati wasn't at least 1% compromised. And if it's even 1%, the man has no business coaching here.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 11:34 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: There is no conspiracy. Marvin grew up and loved everything Pittsburgh. 

It would be ludicrous to think his desire to beat them with Cincinnati wasn't at least 1% compromised. And if it's even 1%, the man has no business coaching here.

Baloney.  Marvin Lewis has had some failures as coach of the Bengals, but one thing is for sure, he's always conducted himself in a professional manner.  Let's not forget that he also coached for the Ravens, who won a Super Bowl, and had to beat Pittsburgh in order to get there...

And, what does any of this pseudo-conspiracy shit have to do with the Aaron Rodgers ordeal?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 11:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Baloney.  Marvin Lewis has had some failures as coach of the Bengals, but one thing is for sure, he's always conducted himself in a professional manner.  Let's not forget that he also coached for the Ravens, who won a Super Bowl, and had to beat Pittsburgh in order to get there...

And, what does any of this pseudo-conspiracy shit have to do with the Aaron Rodgers ordeal?

Well, I never said he didn't conduct himself in a professional manner (although some of his interactions and the overall tone he takes with the media leave something to be desired), I'm moreso implying that it affected his coaching to some extent. Not outwardly, more subconsciously. 

Think about it: if any of us diehard bengals fans for some horrifying reason became head coach of the our rivals, the Pittsburgh steelers (just for the sake of argument), I guarantee you none of us could honestly go 100% all out to beat the bengals. There is an obvious conflict of interest there. Marvin grew up a diehard fan of the steelers, and I don't think it's crazy to think it affected him head coaching a Cincinnati team against Pittsburgh. 

I firmly believe it subconsciously affects Marv to some extent. Even if it's a minuscule amount it's too much.

As for how this got off topic, I apologize for my part. Sometimes we tend to go off on tangents around here.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 11:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What Bengals team have you been watching, this year?  This team doesn't block or tackle well.  Likely one of the last places that an elite, future HOFer would want to come end his career.

They do have an elite defense when healthy and they play all their best players, like wjiii dennard Lawson Billings etc.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 02:29 AM)Jpoore Wrote: They do have an elite defense when healthy and they play all their best players, like wjiii dennard Lawson Billings etc.

Blah, "elite" is not a conditional term.  Either something is or isn't elite.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 10:51 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Perfect time for the league to step in, with Ben more than likely retiring after this year, and make sure the Pack stick to the rules as written. Gives Rodgers a chance to sign with Pitt and win 2 or 3 more SBs before he retires in 10 years. 

[Image: cLcB3ti.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 02:08 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Or the 49ers. Like me, he was a 49ers fan growing up. If your favorite team as a kid wants to sign you...

49ers?  Forty-*****-9ers?  On a Bengals board? Blasphemy!

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 10:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: 49ers?  Forty-*****-9ers?  On a Bengals board? Blasphemy!

I wonder if he wore a set of Joe Montana pajamas?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 10:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wonder if he wore a set of Joe Montana pajamas?

All we know for certain is that Joe Montana did.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 10:37 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: All we know for certain is that Joe Montana did.

One thing that is for sure, I used to enjoy beating the 'Niners with the Bengals, when playing Joe Montana Football, on Sega Genesis.  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 10:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wonder if he wore a set of Joe Montana pajamas?

I'd say he had the Hutch uniform of Joe Cool at the very least...... LMAO

[Image: m5U7S91y5BHUmiIWP6HL1Ng.jpg]

Reply/Quote