Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
About the Joey Porter thing
(01-14-2016, 10:43 PM)Bengalzona Wrote:  Tomlin's message to the players, "Don't act like fools, we've got coaches to do that for you."

At least Tomlins players listen to him.
If only Marvins players listened to him your bengals would be playing this weekend.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 10:13 PM)GMDino Wrote:

And if you read below, it coincides what was going on in the video perfectly.

Porter started yapping after Burthdefect tapped brown on the shoulder sayin he put him to sleep ************.

[Image: 33x8tnq.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 11:01 PM)Vlad Wrote: At least Tomlins players listen to him.
If only Marvins players listened to him your bengals would be playing this weekend.

There is some truth to this.

I consider Porter's actions separate from the loss of the game. The league should address some of his actions, but it will not change what happened on the field.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 11:10 PM)Vlad Wrote: And if you read below, it coincides what was going on in the video perfectly.

Porter started yapping after Burthdefect tapped brown on the shoulder sayin he put him to sleep ************.

[Image: 33x8tnq.png]

Even assuming that account is true, Porter is still out of line by the rules. He's not supposed to be talking with the other players.

But then again, I don't think that was what happened. The actions don't match the alleged words. The way Burfict puts his hand on Brown's shoulder looks like he is saying he was sorry. If somebody says something like is claimed above, they usually don't put their hand on the other person.

It should also be noted that Vontaze, Jones and Brown know each other outside the game and have been known to hang together.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:06 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Even assuming that account is true, Porter is still out of line by the rules. He's not supposed to be talking with the other players.

But then again, I don't think that was what happened. The actions don't match the alleged words. The way Burfict puts his hand on Brown's shoulder looks like he is saying he was sorry. If somebody says something like is claimed above, they usually don't put their hand on the other person.

It should also be noted that Vontaze, Jones and Brown know each other outside the game and have been known to hang together.

It's not true. The Doctor tweeted that he never said it but dorkbrain posted it again anyway. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Please be aware of the context of the post you're quoting before adding information that isn't relevant.

Incorrect.  His feet left the ground, and subsequently touched the ground, a total of four times, two for each foot, once he caught the ball.  He was in the process of turning up field, i.e. a football move, when he was hit.  Argue whether the hit was illegal due to the crown of the helmet rule, which many officials say it is not, all you want.  Don't try and claim he was "defenseless" because he clearly was not.  Deal with it.

Notice I never said he was.....but if Wheaton was....then Gio was.  If Gio wasn't then dumbass wasn't.....get it?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:04 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's not true. The Doctor tweeted that he never said it but dorkbrain posted it again anyway. 

To be fair Vlad suffers from a severe case of mental retardation. We really shold be proud of him for even being on the Internet.  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:11 AM)Wyche Wrote: Notice I never said he was.....but if Wheaton was....then Gio was.  If Gio wasn't then dumbass wasn't.....get it?

I'll repeat myself, for the nteenth time.  I don't think Wheaton's hit should have been a penalty, but in today's NFL it will be every time.  The Gio hit wasn't a penalty for reasons I've gone into in great detail.  If "dumbass" is your not so clever name for Brown then I'd simply state that anyone who thinks that's not a penalty in today's NFL has their head up their ass and their lips on a crack pipe.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:29 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll repeat myself, for the nteenth time.  I don't think Wheaton's hit should have been a penalty, but in today's NFL it will be every time.  The Gio hit wasn't a penalty for reasons I've gone into in great detail.  If "dumbass" is your not so clever name for Brown then I'd simply state that anyone who thinks that's not a penalty in today's NFL has their head up their ass and their lips on a crack pipe.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000238662/article/new-nfl-rules-crownofhelmet-change-to-help-runner-defender

That asshat mike perhoweveryouspellhisname said on the radio that it shouldn't have been called as such because it wasn't really why they made the rule.

According to Blandino, in this video, pierereeeeioahahahhhhhhh is wrong. Because he's a dork.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:13 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000238662/article/new-nfl-rules-crownofhelmet-change-to-help-runner-defender

That asshat mike perhoweveryouspellhisname said on the radio that it shouldn't have been called as such because it wasn't really why they made the rule.

According to Blandino, in this video, pierereeeeioahahahhhhhhh is wrong. Because he's a dork.

well blandino talks out of both sides of his mouth, and mostly from his ass

but yeah, this was inevitably coming
People suck
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:52 AM)Griever Wrote: well blandino talks out of both sides of his mouth, and mostly from his ass

The video he drunkenly linked to was from 2013.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:52 AM)Griever Wrote: well blandino talks out of both sides of his mouth, and mostly from his ass

I'm starting to believe anyone that's employed, or formerly employed, by the NFL talks out of both sides of their asses and their gaping pie holes.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: The video he drunkenly linked to was from 2013.   Mellow

Correct. The rule was added/updated that year. 

Are you drunk?

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Are you drunk?

Classic case of denial. Go around and accuse everyone else of doing what you do.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Correct. The rule was added/updated that year. 

Are you drunk?

Yes.  I was clarifying that it was not Blandino speaking on the Shazier hit.  I've been waiting for this week's video from him but I haven't seen it yet.

If you were sober you would have understood that.

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:09 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Classic case of denial. Go around and accuse everyone else of doing what you do.

This is pure gold, and so much easier to get out of you than i expected.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:29 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll repeat myself, for the nteenth time.  I don't think Wheaton's hit should have been a penalty, but in today's NFL it will be every time.  The Gio hit wasn't a penalty for reasons I've gone into in great detail.  If "dumbass" is your not so clever name for Brown then I'd simply state that anyone who thinks that's not a penalty in today's NFL has their head up their ass and their lips on a crack pipe.

See below.....both were illegal, BTW.  As for my clever nickname......I happen to like it.  I haven't smoked crack in at least 10 years....Ninja

(01-15-2016, 03:13 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000238662/article/new-nfl-rules-crownofhelmet-change-to-help-runner-defender

(01-15-2016, 12:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm starting to believe anyone that's employed, or formerly employed, by the NFL talks out of both sides of their asses and their gaping pie holes.

(01-15-2016, 12:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Correct. The rule was added/updated that year. 

Are you drunk?

EDIT:  I think I like the sound of Doo Doo Brown much better.....LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes.  I was clarifying that it was not Blandino speaking on the Shazier hit.  I've been waiting for this week's video from him but I haven't seen it yet.

If you were sober you would have understood that.

ThumbsUp

That was one of their usual preseason "points of emphasis" for the upcoming (2013) year. Mellow

I just figured it was so obvious, it didn't even need to be pointed out to a steelers fan. 

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is pure gold, and so much easier to get out of you than i expected.

Says the guy who can't get over a joke from a month ago I made about you being drunk after obsessively starting bad thread after bad thread. Smirk

Now it's the running joke going into the (well, your) offseason. LOL
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:13 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Says the guy who can't get over a joke from a month ago I made about you being drunk after obsessively starting bad thread after bad thread. Smirk

Now it's the running joke going into the (well, your) offseason. LOL

So...you're saying that you are playing along with the narrative that steelers fans are blind homers? 

Reply/Quote