Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adeniji out for the year.....
https://twitter.com/NewStripeCity/status/1404854458446716929?s=19

Torn Pec
Reply/Quote
Very unfortunate indeed. I was quite looking forward to seeing how he progressed in his second season.
Reply/Quote
That sucks he was good for depth , I’m assuming Fred Johnson will be the swing tackle ,Smith will have a redshirt type year and Carman can kick out to tackle if we really need him too.
Reply/Quote
we were kinda paper thin to begin with on the depth
Reply/Quote
It wouldnt hurt to bring in another OL vet or 2 for depth. A season ending injury during OTA's is certainly not what the team, in particular the OL needs right now.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 03:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we were kinda paper thin to begin with on the depth

I've been saying since free agency we need more depth on the OL.  

This team is razor thin on the OL.  I guess if theres a positive the Bengals have 15-20M in cap space.

That's "if" ownership is willing to spend some of that money.  
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 03:11 PM)bengaloo Wrote: It wouldnt hurt to bring in another OL vet or 2 for depth. A season ending injury during OTA's is certainly not what the team, in particular the OL needs right  now.

I say 2 to help cover any potential loss in the upcoming
Months. I don't want another teams practice squad player
Either. I want a battle tested vet who has played
At a high level. 
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 03:46 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I say 2 to help cover any potential loss in the upcoming
Months. I don't want another teams practice squad player
Either. I want a battle tested vet who has played
At a high level. 

Totally agree with this. Well said
Reply/Quote
Oh boy

Yep, we need to bring in a quality vet or two.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's a must that they at least sign someone to replace Adeniji... It's crazy how these guys get hurt so easily in camps, OTAs, etc.... Seems like there is always 1 or 2 big ones with the Bengals.....
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 04:57 PM)Tony Wrote: It's a must that they at least sign someone to replace Adeniji... It's crazy how these guys get hurt so easily in camps, OTAs, etc.... Seems like there is always 1 or 2 big ones with the Bengals.....

Probably a weight room injury. Hopefully this is our yearly "out for the year" camp injury and the bug will go somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
People sometimes forget there are roster caps. In reality, they were only ever going to roster 4 tackles this coming season most likely (Jonah/Reiff/Johnson/Smith). Most games 3 (Jonah/Reiff/Johnson) will be active with Carmen acting as your 4th emergency option in game. Now would you have liked to have Adeniji throughout camp in case something happened to someone? Sure, but I don't think that would change the situation much if it was Reiff or Jonah that went down because Adeniji wasn't going to be the answer.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 03:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh boy

Yep, we need to bring in a quality vet or two.

It's a good thing that the Bengals have the cap space to do just that.  Time to go ahead and end the drama for Fred Johnson, and sign a quality vet and avoid getting caught with their pants down when the next inevitable injury happens..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
And so it begins.

Was hoping we found a gem in him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 05:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: People sometimes forget there are roster caps. In reality, they were only ever going to roster 4 tackles this coming season most likely (Jonah/Reiff/Johnson/Smith). Most games 3 (Jonah/Reiff/Johnson) will be active with Carmen acting as your 4th emergency option in game. Now would you have liked to have Adeniji throughout camp in case something happened to someone? Sure, but I don't think that would change the situation much if it was Reiff or Jonah that went down because Adeniji wasn't going to be the answer.

Adeniji isn't even listed as a T, anyways.  He's listed at G.  They also still have Prince after his opt out last year.   

Besides that, most of your vets at this point are going to wait until after TC breaks to sign anywhere. 
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 05:50 PM)Whatever Wrote: Adeniji isn't even listed as a T, anyways.  He's listed at G.  They also still have Prince after his opt out last year.   

Besides that, most of your vets at this point are going to wait until after TC breaks to sign anywhere. 

That's interesting in terms of listing as a guard, I hadn't noticed that. Either way, yea you aren't getting a Okung or Mosses coming here to be your swing tackle in June. In reality, even fringe starting guys will hold out for the inevitable injuries that always come in TC or early season.
Reply/Quote
What's up with the Bengals and torn pecs? It feels like they have more than their share of those.

Still think there's something wrong with their conditioning/trainers. Do they not stretch or do warmups?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 05:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: That's interesting in terms of listing as a guard, I hadn't noticed that. Either way, yea you aren't getting a Okung or Mosses coming here to be your swing tackle in June. In reality, even fringe starting guys will hold out for the inevitable injuries that always come in TC or early season.

What about guys like Rick Wagner or Dennis Kelly?  I get your point about younger guys still wanting a starting contract, but for some, another year with a steady paycheck is another year in the league.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 06:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What about guys like Rick Wagner or Dennis Kelly?  I get your point about younger guys still wanting a starting contract, but for some, another year with a steady paycheck is another year in the league.

Rick Wagner played really well for the Packers last year but a late season knee injury is probably a good reason why he hasn't been signed yet. Dennis Kelly and the ever young Jason Peters might be options as a back up swing tackle.

Honestly I would rather they wait until training camp to see who gets pushed out by the deep 2021 offensive line class.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 03:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we were kinda paper thin to begin with on the depth

What VET tackles are still floating around out there? Did Moses ever sign with anyone? 
Reply/Quote