Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age check….who were the top 3 players on the team when you 1st started watching?
Who can guess my age?

Chad, Carson and Willie Anderson.
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Carson, Chad, TJ - Willie was just out his prime or last year for me.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Top 3 when I started watching

Football:
Roger Staubach
Drew Person
Calvin Hill

Bengals:
Ken Anderson
Ken Riley
Isaac Curtis
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ken Anderson
Isaac Curtis
Tommy Casanova
Ken Riley
Lamar Parrish
Essex Johnson
Boobie Clarke
Jim LeClair
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2022, 01:15 AM)QueenCity Wrote: 32

Carson, Chad, TJ  - Willie was just out his prime or last year for me.

My dad had season tickets so unfortunately watched a lot even when they sucked. Dillon, Willie, and Blake. 

I was probably only like 8 or 9 at the time. 
Reply/Quote
Blake, Pickens and Scott.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2022, 01:11 AM)Housh Wrote: Who can guess my age?

Chad, Carson and Willie Anderson.

Reply/Quote
Watched them from a younger age with my Dad and Uncles but will go from when I was 15 and remember them better

Kenny Anderson, Isaac Curtis, Ken Riley, Archie Griffin, Pete Johnson, Louis Breeden, and Dave Lapham. Ok that was more than 3 and would not remember Lapham if he weren't still working with the Bengals

Not as well, but do remember the Bill Bergey, Essex Johnson days and Bob Trumpy even spoke and signed autographs at my Pee Wee football banquet

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2022, 01:34 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Ken Anderson
Isaac Curtis
Tommy Casanova
Ken Riley
Lamar Parrish
Essex Johnson
Boobie Clarke
Jim LeClair

These were the Bengals players I first remember but from my favorite team when I first started watching football

Bob Lily
Chuck Howley
Ralph Neely
LeRoy Jordan

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I started watching with Ken Anderson, Chris Collinsworth, and Anthony Munoz.

I started being a serious fan with Boomer, Icky, and Brooks.
Reply/Quote
Anderson, Pete Johnson, Curtis, Reggie Williams, LeClair, Riley, Breeden

Reply/Quote
Some of y'all need to go back to school and learn how to count to 3.
Reply/Quote
I was 6 so my judgement may be off, but I'd say Ken Anderson, Munoz, and Chris Collinsworth or Pete Johnson...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Paul Robinson was AFL Rookie of the Year as he led the AFL in rushing yards, so he gave Bengals Fans something to cheer about on that first year expansion team.

Bob Trumpy at TE led the Bengals in receiving and he was big and it took 2 or 3 to tackle him. For a TE, he ran the long bomb play better than any TE in Bengals history still to this day. He would become an All Pro Tight End award winner in the coming years.

Bob Johnson was the first Bengals draft pick ever and he was the Bengals Center for many years.

I must add a 4th in the bruising blocks of Guard Pat Matson who was a great pulling guard for Bengals many years helping these runners get the holes to run through. He could flat out bulldoze and pancake defensive players with monster blocks that had the Cincy crowd cheer at how bone crushing his blocks were opening huge running lanes on those power sweeps.

But in the end, in 1968, everybody was excited about NFL HALL OF FAME Paul Brown bringing a Pro Football Team to baseball town Cincinnati, as an owner, GM and Head Coach.

That first year, the Star was easily AFL Rookie of The Year Paul Robinson and as he said at the AFL All-Star Game, " All Right ".

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I’m with bfine and sandwedge. But I would include Archie Griffin
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Chad, Carson, Willie.
Reply/Quote
When someone sat me down in front of a football game on TV : Ken Anderson, Essex Johnson and Bill Bergey(My Dad's favorite player)

When I became more aware of how the game was played : Pete Johnson, Dan Ross and Louis Breeden(My first 'favorite Bengals player'). Ken Anderson's honeymoon period was over and the Bengals were trying to move on to Jack Thompson. Anthony Munoz was just a rookie with his worst receiving stats of his career, 1 catch for -6 yards, which is obviously why he didn't make the Pro Bowl that year.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2022, 02:44 AM)pally Wrote: These were the Bengals players I first remember but from my favorite team when I first started watching football

Bob Lily
Chuck Howley
Ralph Neely
LeRoy Jordan

My first non Bengals team players that I pulled for and recall was

Kenny Stabler
Fred Biletnikoff 
George Blanda

led by John Madden

Also followed the Redskins when they lost to the undefeated Dolphins per these players

Larry Brown - one of my favorite RB's ever beside Walter Payton
Billy Kilmer 
Sonny Jurgensen, they had 2 good QB's and Sam Wyche was the 3rd string
Mike Bass

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Bob Trumpy
Paul Robinson
Greg Cook

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Boomer, Ickey, Fulcher...but I was really young.
Reply/Quote