Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age check….who were the top 3 players on the team when you 1st started watching?
Ickey, Brooks, Boomer
Was 7 when they went to sb
Reply/Quote
Boomer, Ickey, Krumrie. I was in 5th grade for that magical 88 season. Broke my heart how we lost that game. I’ve hated San Francisco ever since, and even make childish fart noises anytime I see a Joe Montana commercial on TV to this very day.
Reply/Quote
Boomer, eddie brown and Ickey
Reply/Quote
Anderson, Munoz & Collinsworth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Munoz
Riley
Anderson
Reply/Quote
Kenny Anderson, Isaac Curtis, and Ken Riley.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2022, 10:37 AM)bjf123 Wrote: Bob Trumpy
Paul Robinson
Greg Cook

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old School!

But don't forget my man SPEEDY THOMAS.
Reply/Quote
Carson, Chad, and TJ for me. I am 43, but I hopped on to this team in '05. There was something so magical about that offense that I was hooked the frist time I saw them on that game versus the Colts. I got Sunday Ticket in 2006 and have been a diehard fan ever since. My favorite teams were the following:

2009- A great smashmouth team that withered away with Henry passing.
2012- Another physical team with some great wins in the regular season (NYG, Patriots).
2014- A fairly dynamic team that predicted the awesomeness of the 2015 team. Had a great primetime win versus Denver.
2015- I still think this, pound for pound across the board, was the most talented team since I've been a fan. The culmination of over half a decade worth of draft picks that were hits at nearly every position group.

The most disappointing teams were the 2006, 2007, and 2010 teams. The 2008 season was too miserable for me to even get my hopes up right from the get go.
Reply/Quote
Trumphy Paul Robinson and Bob Johnson, yeah, I’m old.
Reply/Quote
Boomer,krumrie, fulcher
Reply/Quote
original bengal season ticket holder here:

Bob Johnson
Bob Trumpy
Paul Robinson
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 02:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Talent wise there is no comparison, Mixon is ten times as talented as Rudi, but it doesn't matter if Mixon isn't hitting 
the hole. That is where Rudi was always just dependable, one of our best RB's but not even close to as versatile as 
Mixon, not just a lil' lol

True, I would take Mixon over Rudi for that very reason, way more versatile. Rudi was a tough sumbitch though.

Curtis Martin was the only reason why I liked the Jets at all. Damn good RB and very underrated.

No doubt Go Cards. Before my time but I definitely looked him up, great speed and hands, one of the best ever.

Kenny was so accurate as well, one of the best QB's ever.

Yeah yeah... All that extra talent and Mixon has only approached that 1300 yard mark one time. He gets a lot of excuses and leeway when it comes to not living up to that potential... And again; for being more versatile, he's not a big weapon in the passing game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
1. Ken Anderson
2. Isaac Curtis
3. Ken Riley/Lemar Parrish
Reply/Quote
Takeo Spikes, Corey Dillon, and Big Willie.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2022, 11:09 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Rudi was effective within his own skillset, but he added absolutely nothing in the passing game. 

LOL

I'm not sure you would say that if you played QB.

As a youth QB, half of the time I got hit, pressured or sacked, it was the RB getting beat or making the wrong decision. This made me pay attention when watching football on Sundays. The best pass blocking RB that I saw growing up was Walter Payton. He loved blocking for his teammates because he knew how much they selflessly gave to help him be a star. The 2nd best pass blocking RB I've ever seen is Rudi Johnson. He was just as patient but more effective at pass blocking than Gio Bernard(who is also awesome), because he was bigger and stronger so he held his ground better and gave Carson room to step into his throws. When Rudi went to Detroit, Carson Palmer lasted 3 and 1/2 games. He actually injured his elbow in the first game with Chris Perry as a starter and they expected him to be pass blocking more. 

Most of Rudi's receptions were last second, desperation dump offs 5-7 yards behind the line of scrimmage with pressure bearing down. Don't blame Rudi if the Bengals have been historically weak at running screen plays. 
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
John Stofa, Bob Trumpy, Paul Robinson
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 11:40 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah yeah... All that extra talent and Mixon has only approached that 1300 yard mark one time. He gets a lot of excuses and leeway when it comes to not living up to that potential... And again; for being more versatile, he's not a big weapon in the passing game.

I think Mixon has been darn good considering he's had to run behind some of the Bengals all time worst offensive lines nearly his entire NFL career.... He catches the ball well too.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Munoz, Boomer was a rookie, James Brooks.

Isaac Curtis and Collinsworth were still there, and Krumrie, but I don't really remember him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 02:19 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: 1. Ken Anderson
2. Isaac Curtis
3. Ken Riley/Lemar Parrish

Those are the first names that I remember, as well.  (I was only 7-8 years old)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote