Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alec Pierce visit
(04-19-2022, 10:53 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Huh?

- Welker is arguably the best slot WR since the 2000s began, 2 time AP and stud returner
- Cooks is a multiple (6x) 1,000 yard receiver
- Troy Brown was an excellent and underrated WR, once he was a featured piece of the team (IE started more than 4 games a year and saw meaningful snaps)

The others I'd agree, but those 3 were absolutely FAR from average (especially Welker. That's terrible posting on your part).

Dead on, truck.  And Moss had to be left off the list...that is a pretty good number they let walk that were at least Higgins-like.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 10:53 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Huh?

- Welker is arguably the best slot WR since the 2000s began, 2 time AP and stud returner
- Cooks is a multiple (6x) 1,000 yard receiver
- Troy Brown was an excellent and underrated WR, once he was a featured piece of the team (IE started more than 4 games a year and saw meaningful snaps)

The others I'd agree, but those 3 were absolutely FAR from average (especially Welker. That's terrible posting on your part).

I’d argue the welker comment.

Before NE, he was average at best. After that welker played with 2 of the best QBs all time, who both love their slot WR. Other 1,000 slot guys under manning and Brady include - Edelman, stokley and Godwin.
Reply/Quote
Pierce would be an added luxury for the '22 - '23 season and I'd grab him in the draft if it isn't a reach at whatever pick he's taken.

Burrow dropping back to pass with his new OL protection and then having Chase/Higgins/Boyd/Pierce/Hurst to throw to would be wild to watch when they were all on the field at the same time. I'm not sure how the defense could cover them all.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 09:01 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I’d argue the welker comment.

Before NE, he was average at best. After that welker played with 2 of the best QBs all time, who both love their slot WR. Other 1,000 slot guys under manning and Brady include - Edelman, stokley and Godwin.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WelkWe00.htm

I mean, who WOULDN'T be just average with Gus Frerotte and Joey Harrington throwing to them? Not to mention, not being a featured piece in a NICK SABAN offense.

It's not Welker's fault Belicheck knew how to use him and made him a more-featured part of the offense.

Anyways, Godwin and Stokely were good players before and after Brady (hell, Godwin made a PB and AP2 before Brady and hasn't with him).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 09:43 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WelkWe00.htm

I mean, who WOULDN'T be just average with Gus Frerotte and Joey Harrington throwing to them? Not to mention, not being a featured piece in a NICK SABAN offense.

It's not Welker's fault Belicheck knew how to use him and made him a more-featured part of the offense.

Anyways, Godwin and Stokely were good players before and after Brady (hell, Godwin made a PB and AP2 before Brady and hasn't with him).

If Tyler boyd played with prime Brady he would have had the same numbers, if not better, than welker.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 10:52 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: It’d be to replace Boyd since his contract is up before Tee’s

They are both up at the same time and Higgins will be exponentially more expensive than Boyd. We most likely wont be able to afford him if we want to keep both Chase and Burrow. Pierce would be Higgins replacement. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote