Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Erickson
I didn't scout him very much in college, but I really like what I am seeing out of this kid.  He seems to be able to set up a defender and work the soft spots of a zone to get open.  Clearly, he isn't afraid to go across the middle.  

A lot of these highlights were against Michigan State, Alabama, and LSU...not exactly the weakest defenses out there.  Enjoy!

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2016/4/28/11434280/nfl-draft-2016-wisconsin-football-alex-erickson-scouting-report
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dane Sanzenbacher part 2.
Reply/Quote
He would have to get 2TDs in pretty much all of the preseason games to have a shot. They should throw him in with the 1's in the next game and see what happens lol. Put him back in his place.

While it was an honorable and valiant effort... a 3 yard TD and a punt return against horrid 3/4th string coverage doesn't earn you a spot on this team.

I love the guy. He is buying into the Bengal way, and he has shown he is a hard worker, but he will have to really turn some heads to make this roster.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 12:53 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He would have to get 2TDs in pretty much all of the preseason games to have a shot. They should throw him in with the 1's in the next game and see what happens lol. Put him back in his place.

While it was an honorable and valiant effort... a 3 yard TD and a punt return against horrid 3/4th string coverage doesn't earn you a spot on this team.

I love the guy. He is buying into the Bengal way, and he has shown he is a hard worker, but he will have to really turn some heads to make this roster.

He has as good a shot as anyone at the last WR spot. 

Assuming Green, LaFell, Boyd, Tate, and Core are the five locks- then Wright, Erickson, Alford, and Kumerow are all fighting for the final spot. Maybe throw Simonise and Russell in the mix too, but they're likely PS candidates.

Will be really interesting what WRs they decide to keep for the practice squad between all the guys who don't make the 53. They likely keep two.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 12:13 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I didn't scout him very much in college, but I really like what I am seeing out of this kid.  He seems to be able to set up a defender and work the soft spots of a zone to get open.  Clearly, he isn't afraid to go across the middle.  

A lot of these highlights were against Michigan State, Alabama, and LSU...not exactly the weakest defenses out there.  Enjoy!

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2016/4/28/11434280/nfl-draft-2016-wisconsin-football-alex-erickson-scouting-report

Nice, thanks for the highlights man and with the White Stripes, me like.

(08-14-2016, 12:50 PM)Vanilla Heat Wrote: Dane Sanzenbacher part 2.

More like Jordan Shipley 2.0 IMHO.

Seems much more polished of a route runner than Dane to me with better hands.

(08-14-2016, 12:53 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He would have to get 2TDs in pretty much all of the preseason games to have a shot. They should throw him in with the 1's in the next game and see what happens lol. Put him back in his place.

He turned heads by scoring our only 2 TD's in that game let alone having 3 more games to add on to.

I disagree, he has great hands, quickness and decision making. He is already a better returner than Tate cause of the quickness
and decision making. I am not a Tater hater either but this dude is making a serious push after that first game and it would be
crazy to think otherwise. He will only get more chances after this.

Dude looks polished on his routes for a rookie and it doesn't matter how big you are if you don't catch the ball.

This guy and Boyd catch nearly everything.
Reply/Quote
Agree with the Jordan Shipley comment.

He brought a lot of late game excitement, maybe that's his niche, He's the new 'Andre Caldwell' to make late cardiac cat plays...

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
It's still way early, need to see a bunch more. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if one or even two of the noobs make the roster , Erickson included.

In my mind Tate's spot on this team is in no way a lock.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 02:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's still way early, need to see a bunch more. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if one or even two of the noobs make the roster , Erickson included.

This has been mentioned for at least 4 seasons...

Tate is usually just good enough to make the 52 man roster...and...hmm. I would like to see a noob take that from him. 

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
I know this may be risky move but I would prefer Erickson and Simonice over LaFell and Tate. LaFell has not impressed or stand out much. Tate is reliable Vet but I think the rookies are more potentially potent.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 02:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know this may be risky move but I would prefer Erickson and Simonice over LaFell and Tate. LaFell has not impressed or stand out much.  Tate is reliable Vet but I think the rookies are more potentially potent.

Risky isn't the word I would use. Stupid would be more like it. LaFell is a proven productive WR in the NFL. Simonise is not even close to contributing. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 02:38 PM)Vanilla Heat Wrote: Risky isn't the word I would use. Stupid would be more like it. LaFell is a proven productive WR in the NFL. Simonise is not even close to contributing. 

Ditto!  We haven't even seen LaFell play one snap.  As a couch coach myself, I can only say what I liked about game one and what I didn't.  As far as who stays or goes, there are 3 more games left before the jury comes back.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 02:38 PM)Vanilla Heat Wrote: Risky isn't the word I would use. Stupid would be more like it. LaFell is a proven productive WR in the NFL. Simonise is not even close to contributing. 

Why was LaFell released from the Patriots if such a proven Vet?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 02:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Why was LaFell released from the Patriots if such a proven Vet?

Why has he been a starting WR his entire career? Why did he have almost a 1,000 yard season with them in 2014? 

Quality players get released all the time for a number of reasons. 
Reply/Quote

That return was against guys that are going to be on ST's anyway, so it was against the 1's basically. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 02:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's still way early, need to see a bunch more. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if one or even two of the noobs make the roster , Erickson included.

Totally disagree. He is a lock. We have 3 WRs with NFL experience. Tate is one of them. He was out there with the starters for a reason. And made plays. He isnt going anywhere.
Reply/Quote
He scored a TD as a WR and a very nice punt return for a TD ......and that is what coaches are looking for, guys that can play special teams and help in many ways.....I don't know if he makes the team, but he just put himself very much in line to make the practice squad....I must add the veteran Tate looked good early in the game at WR. ......Want to see more of this Erickson in preseason.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Tate will have to majorly implode and start dropping passes and fumbling kicks to get cut.  Dude can also play coverage teams in addition to WR and KR/PR.  He's the most versatile WR they have, and they love versatility out of the #4-5 WR's.  
Reply/Quote
Last spot isn't a lock. Tate is on the team. Can't fight it. I'll be looking his way the most when the 1s are playing.

If Erickson can score a few more TDs / big plays, he might take that last spot. He's almost PS worthy.

Reply/Quote

I'm not so sure.  He came from a more traditional NFL-style offense at Wisconsin.  Alford coming from a spread at WVU.  What about their blocking ability?  I liked that he was durable in his time at Wisconsin and worked a lot in the middle of the field.  

I have nothing against Alford.  In fact, I would like to see both make the team over Tate.  I just think they could blossom whereas we know what we have in Tate.  
Reply/Quote
Gave up long ago on Tate being cut.

If there is one thing and only one thing we know for sure it would be that Tate will be here forever.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote