Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I the only one who wanted a stud DE
(04-30-2016, 08:25 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Really wanted a good pass rusher.

With only 7 picks its hard to get everything you want...and unrealistic.
Reply/Quote
We will need a rotational guy..

I think we may sign another FA DE possibly..

We will NEED to draft a DE in first 2 rounds next year, MJ90 is going to turn 30 next year...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 10:38 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: What i like is we have upgraded our LB core the last two years... Dansby, Virgil, Dawson with a healthy Burfict will give us more sacks at LB position which has been more of heel for us than sacks from the Dline over the past couple years.  We went from 30th to 23 in sacks last year and believe we will improve more this year.

Any of those guys able to rush from a 3 point stance and set an edge?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 02:39 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Any of those guys able to rush from a 3 point stance and set an edge?

maybe you missed my point.. we will be overall better with pressure with the improved LB play and i believe we increase a sack total three to four fold from last year, also believe that will open up the edge with more LB pressure

2014- zero sacks from LBs
2015  2.5 sacks from LBs
2016  6  projected.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We will make DE a priority next season. Guarantee we will draft one in the first round, (At 32  ThumbsUp )
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 12:30 PM)milksheikh Wrote: We will need a rotational guy..

I think we may sign another FA DE possibly..

We will NEED to draft a DE in first 2 rounds next year, MJ90 is going to turn 30 next year...

I'm with you. I was sad to see no DE. Notable UDFA DEs out there still are Drew Ott and Shawn Oakman, but I expect Oakman to sit until his legal issues are resolved. I also expect/hope to see someone picked up next year early in the draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:25 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Really wanted a good pass rusher. We have only taken 5 DE's in the first 2 rounds since 88 almost 30 years. And only 2 DT's. I think the Ravens got some good pass rushers, I like that we got Billings to go with Adkins but would have loved Hargraves with our 3rd or 4th pick. A 300lb+ DT that was one of the nations sack leaders would have been nice. Now we get to face him with Pitt.

Dunlap and MJ are still pretty good no realy worry there yet
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 08:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: maybe you missed my point.. we will be overall better with pressure with the improved LB play and i believe we increase a sack total three to four fold from last year, also believe that will open up the edge with more LB pressure

2014- zero sacks from LBs
2015  2.5 sacks from LBs
2016  6  projected.

Bad DE depth is bad DE depth. You'll get a few pressures and sacks up the A gap from the backers but that doesn't change the shit depth we have at EDGE.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 02:32 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Bad DE depth is bad DE depth. You'll get a few pressures and sacks up the A gap from the backers but that doesn't change the shit depth we have at EDGE.

4-3 scheme has to get pressure with the front four to be effective.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 03:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 4-3 scheme has to get pressure with the front four to be effective.

Hell it's hardly a 4-3 anymore. It's really a 4-2-5 now.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 02:32 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Bad DE depth is bad DE depth. You'll get a few pressures and sacks up the A gap from the backers but that doesn't change the shit depth we have at EDGE.

Well I don;t see as a big of issue how you make it out to be..   WE did lose Gilberry but we have a couple moveable parts that can go into DE and I like to see a healthy Clarke this year.. Hunt is a concern but one player does not make lack of depth for the team.  Also i predict we do pick up some in preseason to add to DE competition
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 09:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well I don;t see as a big of issue how you make it out to be..   WE did lose Gilberry but we have a couple moveable parts that can go into DE and I like to see a healthy Clarke this year.. Hunt is a concern but one player does not make lack of depth for the team.  Also i predict we do pick up some in preseason to add to DE competition

The position group consists of 4 players, 2 1/2 if we're being realistic to e perfectly honest. It absolutely makes lack of depth for the team. We have nothing proven or remotely reliable to rotate Dunlap and Johnson with. When those two and Geno come off the field, the overall quality of play Dline play goes down to a level an NFL squad should not be subjected to.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 09:15 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe DE will be top priority next year.

This is the only thing that keeps me looking forward to the draft year after year after year...

... so, come on 2017!

Whatever
Reply/Quote
What's a defensive end?  Are they the guys who look like this: [Image: 1226348.jpg]

???  

Serious question here guys.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 03:17 AM)Jpoore Wrote: For all these people who want a stud de why?? We heads Carlos Dunlap break the sack record And Michael Johnson had a good year despite playing injured fall year

We don't need a stud DE, we need an End behind those guys that is good in the rotation and offers something.

So far, Clarke, Hunt have shown nothing and Hardison has only shown flashes in the preseason similar to Hunt.

Hope this changes but i would like to hedge the bet and bring in another guy to compete.

Maybe Ryan Brown is the guy or Easley, we will see.
Reply/Quote
No I wanted one too, but there wasn't many of them.

I, personally, wanted Victor Ochi in the later rounds. But there wasn't that many DEs this year that would have fit us.

I mean, I liked the 2015 Draft more when it came to DEs.

But 2017 could be pretty good and have a lot more talent.

Myles Garrett. Derek Barnett. Charles Harris. Lewis Neal. Marquise Haynes. And Carl Lawson.

There's 6 guys right there that could go in the 1st round.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2016, 04:13 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: No I wanted one too, but there wasn't many of them.

I, personally, wanted Victor Ochi in the later rounds. But there wasn't that many DEs this year that would have fit us.

I mean, I liked the 2015 Draft more when it came to DEs.

But 2017 could be pretty good and have a lot more talent.

Myles Garrett. Derek Barnett. Charles Harris. Lewis Neal. Marquise Haynes. And Carl Lawson.

There's 6 guys right there that could go in the 1st round.

After the 1st round of camp cuts, there should be plenty of veteran DE talent on the market.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2016, 04:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After the 1st round of camp cuts, there should be plenty of veteran DE talent on the market.

I mean, I'd rather take Dominique Easley. Don't really see any big names get cut this year.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote