Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
And down goes Ross..........
I've run out of negative things to say  about this guy in English so today, I will begin in Hawaiian and move on to the next language until he ceases to be a Bengal:

Hoʻoweliweli loa kēia kāne.

Special thanks to: google translatorHehe
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2019, 10:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is non-news. I posted about it in another thread. They're holding him out of camp because of a tight hamstring and said it could be a day or a week or two...and BAM it morphs into a news story that he's out 2 weeks like he was just injured today.

Yeah, and the writer took a nice shot about it being "no surprise that he can't stay healthy in the pros".   Uh, Ross started more games last year than AJ Green.  And the injuries he sustained in college was when he was filling in for Marcus Peters on DEFENSE.  

Everyone just keep piling shit on Ross and be prepared to eat it after this season.  Missing the first preseason game as a precaution isn't a problem, it is smart.  

If Ross isn't what I think he will be this year, you can all join in on saying how stupid I was to believe in him, but good lord, give the guy a chance this year!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 09:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If Ross isn't what I think he will be this year, you can all join in on saying how stupid I was to believe in him, but good lord, give the guy a chance this year!

If you give up on Ross after this year he's gonna make you eat crow after next year!
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 12:55 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Like score 7 TDs?

I get that the guy's been a disappointment, but let's not act like he hasn't done anything here.

lol is this a joke? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 09:28 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: bro ross is anal beads.

Because he is only effective when he is in the...um, end zone?
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 09:28 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: bro ross is anal beads.  hes one of the worst picks the bengals ever made and i knew it would be a bust of a pick even prior to the pick.  hes a one trick pony whos too small and soft for the nfl.  cant stay healthy.  u compare him to ajs health last year and i about spit out my coffee...aj is an arguable hall of famer whos been balling in the league for years now.  dont compare ross to him...thats an insult i know u didnt mean.  ross will be out of the league in 3 years imo, but most certainly isnt gonna do a damn thing here.  ill never for get the upset stomach i got the second they drafted john ross.  just horrible.

It's sad but I have to agree with this. 

Anal beads FTW! 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
he didn't go down he hasn't been up yet hes had tightness in his hammy best to rest him now so its not an issue all season
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 09:28 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: bro ross is anal beads.  hes one of the worst picks the bengals ever made and i knew it would be a bust of a pick even prior to the pick.  hes a one trick pony whos too small and soft for the nfl.  cant stay healthy.  u compare him to ajs health last year and i about spit out my coffee...aj is an arguable hall of famer whos been balling in the league for years now.  dont compare ross to him...thats an insult i know u didnt mean.  ross will be out of the league in 3 years imo, but most certainly isnt gonna do a damn thing here.  ill never for get the upset stomach i got the second they drafted john ross.  just horrible.

In order of inaccuracy:

Ross is the same size as Antonio Brown, maybe larger.  

Ross played in 13 of 16 games last year, more than Green and Eifert COMBINED (How's that?) 

Ross will get a shot to do something other than run vertical routes (which opened things up underneath for Green, Boyd, and Eifert) this year.  He did haul in 7 TDs and showed an ability to get open in short spaces.  Why they didn't use him between the 20s is a mystery.  

There have been lots of WR busts drafted in the NFL in the last three years.  Ross had a rough start.  If you can't picture that last year was his real rookie season and the needle is pointing upwards then I feel sorry for you.  You have reached that point in your fandom where you feed on negativity and skepticism.  
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 09:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If you give up on Ross after this year he's gonna make you eat crow after next year!

I doubt he would be given the opportunity, but I get your cynicism.  New coach will either get more out of him and use his more wisely or he will not make the club extension.  
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 09:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I doubt he would be given the opportunity, but I get your cynicism.  New coach will either get more out of him and use his more wisely or he will not make the club extension.  

If he does nothing on his first contract here and we let him walk he's gonna go to the Patriots or Steelers and then make us eat crow!

Alas, this sort of thing can go on for years.  I'm just rolling my eyes because the guy can't even seem to practice.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 10:05 AM)Whatever Wrote: Anybody that says Ross was just a one truck pony in college didn't scout him properly.

Before you can throw Ross on the scrap heap, one of the guys behind has to prove they are better.  The reality is that Ross's 7 TD's last year is more than Core, Erickson, Malone, and Tate have for their careers COMBINED.

What's hilarious is the double standard regarding Ross and Price.  I have high hopes for both guys, but Price is hurt all the time, hasn't played well, openly admitted struggling with the playbook, and he's kept a better player on the pine. Still, we get a billion "Ross is a bust" posts and very little negative about Price.  

If it makes you feel any better, or renews your faith in humanity, I think they're both crummy. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 09:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: There have been lots of WR busts drafted in the NFL in the last three years.  Ross had a rough start.  If you can't picture that last year was his real rookie season and the needle is pointing upwards then I feel sorry for you.  You have reached that point in your fandom where you feed on negativity and skepticism.  

I get what you are saying, but the thing about Ross is the amount of explaining and "technically-ing" and other excuse-making required to explain why his expectations should exceed logic.

For example...

2018 was technically Jeff Driskell's rookie season and in his 8 games (6 starts) he threw for 1003 yards and 6 TDs to 2 INTs.  He also rushed for 2 TDs and lost a fumble for 8 TDs to 3 TOs.  When you take into account that he was technically a rookie and that the whole team was so injured the year was a wash by the time he got in there and that his OC was Bill Lazor and his HC was Marvin Lewis you could squint and maybe convince yourself that he may have had a better rookie season than Dalton did.

Seriously...all those injuries, and lord knows Marvin/Lazor is a combo that is going to ruin Tom Brady AND the o-line was garbage (not even Tom Brady could succeed behind it, people had claimed!).  So Driskel scored 8 TDs to 3 turnovers as a technical rookie in a moribund coaching system with guys like Auden Tate and John "I only bother to catch when I'm in the endzone" Ross as his WRs.  This kid was up against a wall and he fought admirably!

Ok, I'm going to point out that I don't really believe all this but you get my point.
Reply/Quote
Ill worry about him when he consistently plays and contributes on Sundays. Its frustrating. You know he isnt any happier than we are about this stuff, but still, at a certain point.....its time.
[Image: proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2...a3b09aaec9]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 10:05 AM)Whatever Wrote: Anybody that says Ross was just a one truck pony in college didn't scout him properly.

Before you can throw Ross on the scrap heap, one of the guys behind has to prove they are better.  The reality is that Ross's 7 TD's last year is more than Core, Erickson, Malone, and Tate have for their careers COMBINED.

What's hilarious is the double standard regarding Ross and Price.  I have high hopes for both guys, but Price is hurt all the time, hasn't played well, openly admitted struggling with the playbook, and he's kept a better player on the pine. Still, we get a billion "Ross is a bust" posts and very little negative about Price.  

Yes on the Ross and Price comparison. I suspect that Price being from OSU has a lot to do with his mulligan, but who knows?

re: College production: A lot of teams in college have WR's that produce big numbers. Some are good Pro's and some aren't. Your point is valid though in that Ross wasn't some guy that had 25 catches for 252 yards his senior year at Washington and was drafted REALLY highly. That guy would be Drew Sample.  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
Even I, one of the biggest Ross supporters on this board, am starting to have some doubts at this point.
His injuries in college were pretty severe. Surgery on his shoulder and both knees. I don't recall there being an array of minor issues like tweaked hamstrings though aside from the Combine.

FWIW, he hasn't had injuries on the areas he had surgery on before he played his first game, which was the concern when entering the draft. But man, it's starting to get really frustrating to see new, different, minor issue after another. I absolutely love Ross's skill set and ability, so it would be highly unfortunate to see him never really get a chance to shine due to all these minor things.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 10:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes on the Ross and Price comparison. I suspect that Price being from OSU has a lot to do with his mulligan, but who knows?

re: College production: A lot of teams in college have WR's that produce big numbers. Some are good Pro's and some aren't. Your point is valid though in that Ross wasn't some guy that had 25 catches for 252 yards his senior year at Washington and was drafted REALLY highly. That guy would be Drew Sample.  Sarcasm

Possibly yes due to Bengals fans likely watching a lot more games of his in college compared to watching Ross, but I don't think it's necessarily because he went to Ohio St specifically. More of Bengal fandom saw Price play well in college for years whereas they likely only ever heard of Ross when he broke the 40 yard dash record at the Combine.

Price, just like Eifert, gets more of a pass because people saw how he did first-hand. Many never really saw what Ross could do in college because they didn't care to watch PAC-12 teams not named USC or Oregon.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 09:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: In order of inaccuracy:

Ross is the same size as Antonio Brown, maybe larger.  

Ross played in 13 of 16 games last year, more than Green and Eifert COMBINED (How's that?) 

Ross will get a shot to do something other than run vertical routes (which opened things up underneath for Green, Boyd, and Eifert) this year.  He did haul in 7 TDs and showed an ability to get open in short spaces.  Why they didn't use him between the 20s is a mystery.  

There have been lots of WR busts drafted in the NFL in the last three years.  Ross had a rough start.  If you can't picture that last year was his real rookie season and the needle is pointing upwards then I feel sorry for you.  You have reached that point in your fandom where you feed on negativity and skepticism.  

Reaaaaaad.  Ross is to small AND too soft".  ross plays small where as hill baldwin brown etc do not. hence the soft comment. 

yes ross did play more than eifert and green last year...but my point if u again read, was that ross hasnt even sniffed the production that both eifert and green have put up.  we know what both eifert and green can do in this league.  we havent seen anything that resembles anything close to a top 10 pick in john ross.  hes soft as a muffin plays small a one trick pony with inconsistent hands and still is having troubles grasping the offense.

everyone sings his praises cuz of 7 tds last year lol this dude was our 9th overall pick and we are slamming the table for 7 tds lol gimme a break dude.

one of ross's big question marks coming in was his size and whether or not he can stay healthy and well on his first carry in the league we saw why hes soft by getting blown up and coughing the ball up and then coupled with the fact the dude continues to be sidelined by an injury.  which of course bengaldom is saying its nothing serious and just a hamstring lol we all know we cant believe that and if u think hamstring problems just go away i feel sorry for you.  he will be dealing with his hamstring all year.  history shows that.  our linebacker group is garbage and ross is and never was worthy of a top 10 pick and hes proving that to be true.  im negative about those things and skeptic of those things to be true.  quit drinking the Koolaid man and be a true fan and call it how it is.

Trade ross now for a Linebacker and be done with it. Erickson is much more consistent and competent WR
Reply/Quote
re: Ross - Speed isn't going to be what makes his career in the NFL. He has to have some other high-level skills or he won't make it. I think that's pretty obvious.
Reply/Quote
He isn't much of a loss at this point.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 09:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If you give up on Ross after this year he's gonna make you eat crow after next year!

Give him a chance. He’s still pretty much a rookie.
Reply/Quote