Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
And the proactive offseason continues!
Great news and great job to the Front Office.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 05:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Put some exclamation marks on the title!  This is HUGE news!  You're better than that!

Details are four years worth 65,300,000 (16,325,000 annually)!

WHO-DEY!!!!!

That makes him the third highest defensive tackle in the NFL, being only 675,000 behind second and 1,575,000 behind first.............

I'm proud of our front office for taking care of our guys and taking care of business!
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 05:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Put some exclamation marks on the title!  This is HUGE news!  You're better than that!

WHO-DEY!!!!!

If that’s the deal that is a steal.
Reply/Quote
Shocked they got them both done. This may be a new day afterall.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Both Geno and Dunlap extended!

I am liking this new approach we are seeing of trying to address things sooner rather than later.

Add this to axing Piano Man, bringing in an actual Offensive Line guru, the aggressive trading to turn our first round pick into BOTH a blue chip Center AND an upper tier Left Tackle, signing a MIKE who is in his prime, actually going for a center fielder safety early, cutting Iloka and LaFell - the list just goes on.

This whole offseason has felt really "un Bengal".
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 05:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: If that’s the deal that is a steal.

NO SHIT!

Here's the link:

Quote:Geno Atkins signed a 4 year, $65,300,000 contract with the Cincinnati Bengals, including an average annual salary of $16,325,000. In 2018, Atkins will earn a base salary of $9,250,000 and a workout bonus of $300,000, while carrying a cap hit of $9,550,000.
Reply/Quote
Almost scary, huh?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
wow. good job katie.
Reply/Quote
It certainly has. What is happening?
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 04:56 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: DUNLAP RE-SIGNED AS WELL! 3 YEAR DEAL!!

(Sorry, I don't know how to post tweets on the message boards)

(08-28-2018, 05:03 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Dunlap also signed reported to be 3 years $45 million extension

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AWESOME!!! Great day!

(08-28-2018, 05:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That makes him the third highest defensive tackle in the NFL, being only 675,000 behind second and 1,575,000 behind first.............

I'm proud of our front office for taking care of our guys and taking care of business!

He deserves it. Personally believe he is the best 3-tech DT in the NFL and might be the best ever.

Need to get him and AJ a ring or three so they can be shoe in first ballot HOF'ers. Cool
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

old balls bringin home the clams
Reply/Quote
One of the most disruptive Ends in the game, he deserves this just like Geno.

Great day to be a Bengals fan!!! Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 05:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: AWESOME!!! Great day!

He deserves it. Personally believe he is the best 3-tech DT in the NFL and might be the best ever.

Need to get him and AJ a ring or three so they can be shoe in first ballot HOF'ers. Cool

That's another reason that makes me mad that Hill gave away our first playoff win in two and a half decades............  just that win would have boosted Atkins' case, imco.

In training camp, I told him he's the best 3-tech dt in the league, so hopefully he's inspired to have his best year yet!  (0.000001% chance that he even thought twice about it, but some people do get inspired just from seeing the way I am, so MAYBE!!!)
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 05:22 PM)Joelist Wrote: Both Geno and Dunlap extended!

I am liking this new approach we are seeing of trying to address things sooner rather than later.

Add this to axing Piano Man, bringing in an actual Offensive Line guru, the aggressive trading to turn our first round pick into BOTH a blue chip Center AND an upper tier Left Tackle, signing a MIKE who is in his prime, actually going for a center fielder safety early, cutting Iloka and LaFell - the list just goes on.

This whole offseason has felt really "un Bengal".

No doubt Joelist, things have changed for the better around here.

Superbowlz!!! All of 'em! Mellow
Reply/Quote

WHO-DEY!!!!!

It's less than that annually cuz they will raise his salary this season to spread it out. Same with Dunlap.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'm doing my happy dance. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Yes
Reply/Quote
I'm doing my happy dance. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Hell yes
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 05:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's another reason that makes me mad that Hill gave away our first playoff win in two and a half decades............  just that win would have boosted Atkins' case, imco.

In training camp, I told him he's the best 3-tech dt in the league, so hopefully he's inspired to have his best year yet!  (0.000001% chance that he even thought twice about it, but some people do get inspired just from seeing the way I am, so MAYBE!!!)

I think Geno is going to have more chances, like this year. Lets go get it.

You are right, he is the best. No one does what he does, no one. Great to have him here for four more years.

Hopefully it is four Lombardis in that span.

He looks better than ever and with Billings next to him both these guys should have their best years along with the
rest of the D-line. Stop the run and get after the passer and feast. Smirk
Reply/Quote