Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
And the proactive offseason continues!
quite a day in Bengaldom

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
What is so good about these two players is that it don't matter where they are in their contract, they give 100% all the time, everyday. It's really refreshing watching these guys play and knowing they will give their all and not play "Up" because it's a contract year.

These guys deserve every penny they get...it is well deserved.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Super fantastic news ! Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What happened to the Geno thread? Does the re-signing of one of the greatest Bengals of all time not warrant its own thread?

Anyway, super happy we got Dunlap extended as well. I knew we wouldn’t let Geno get away, but I was a tad worried about keeping Dunlap. Great day for Bengals fans.

Reply/Quote
This has been the best off season that I can recall with the exception that Marv should have been fired.
Reply/Quote
Outstanding news to get both signed up before the season starts, now I hope Dennard is next.
I was reading some where that along with Billings, this is the scariest D-Line that we have had for some time and I am glad that they will be together for at least another 4 years
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 06:35 PM)bengals67 Wrote: This has been the best off season that I can recall with the exception that Marv should have been fired.

Ironically, prob the best since Marv was hired.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 06:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ironically, prob the best since Marv was hired.

Haha, so true. Pretty cool to see the Bengals being proactive on multiple decisions this offseason.
Reply/Quote
Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?

I've said a few times already....this FO has done a bang up job this off-season. Today makes it the best off-season I've ever seen them have. Son of Paul has really pulled back the purse strings!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 07:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?

I've said a few times already....this FO has done a bang up job this off-season. Today makes it the best off-season I've ever seen them have. Son of Paul has really pulled back the purse strings!

I got a real strong feeling that someone else is being allowed to handle most of the GM duties.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 07:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I got a real strong feeling that someone else is being allowed to handle most of the GM duties.

I agree....but it's still the ol mizer's money at the end of the day. I'd think he still has to sign off on it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Very happy to be a Bengals fan today we took care of our own and we locked them up for the last prime years of their career
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
I'm happy for these guys - two quality character dudes who have been really exciting to watch for some time now. That's money that'll be well earned no doubt. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 05:01 PM)Sweetness Wrote: That puts Dunlap around top 5 paid DE in the league for this year. Does the 1st year start this year or next year? Love that we're keeping him but he hasn't been a top 5 DE since 2015.

[Image: image?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Fw...=850&h=560]

"Don't make me laugh."
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 08:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: [Image: image?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Fw...=850&h=560]

"Don't make me laugh."

No but seriously. Like he hasn't even been close the past 2 years. 
Reply/Quote
Very happy we were able to get both guys resigned, especially Geno. No disrespect to Carlos, but we have a lot of great young DE talent which made Geno more of a priority in my eyes. The DL looks stacked for the next few years.
Reply/Quote
Does this finally end the false narrative that the Bengals are always too cheap to re-sign vets?
Reply/Quote
Best news yet !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Who was your board buddy who kept saying "quit worrying, they will not let Atkins or Dunlap get away, and will re-sign both"??? You know who it was, it was SLED, wasn't it..... Great job FO....
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 09:31 PM)Beaker Wrote: Does this finally end the false narrative that the Bengals are always too cheap to re-sign vets?

A lot of narratives are getting dispelled this offseason.

Reply/Quote