Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andre Smith returns
Speaking of the Ravens, I heard this morning they traded up and now pick at 6th....
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 09:47 AM)bengals67 Wrote: only strategy for next year that makes sense

load up on defense with a couple of FAs and top 2 picks in draft and plan to play an extremely conservative, no turn over offense like the first Ravens Super Bowl team

Foster and Burfict could be a really dynamic linebacker situation.  We also need a third down edge rusher and maybe Barwick can fill that role.

I think taking a RB with one of first two picks will be a complete waste with our current o line.

So like they tried to do last year?

The Bengals had 1 more turnover (17) than the Ravens did that year (16)

They Bengals even had a better scoring defense last year. And the same ranked defense (17th)

The Ravens had a top 10 scoring unit. They weren't conservative.

The Bengals, on the other hand, ranked 24th in the league in scoring.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 01:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Speaking of the Ravens, I heard this morning they traded up and now pick at 6th....

Yeah happened yesterday but I didnt see where they pick 6th tho. Just got 49rs 6th round pick.

Ravens traded C Jeremy Zuttah and a 2017 sixth-round draft pick (198th overall) to 49ers for a 2017 sixth round draft choice.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 15, 2017
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 04:13 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Yeah happened yesterday but I didnt see where they pick 6th tho. Just got 49rs 6th round pick.

Ravens traded C Jeremy Zuttah and a 2017 sixth-round draft pick (198th overall) to 49ers for a 2017 sixth round draft choice.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 15, 2017

That is called a big damn difference. Mellow

Wish it was us the Ravens traded with.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping this actually means that TJ Johnson will replace Bodine at center and Andre Smith will play RT while Fisher and Ogbuehi compete for the starting LT position. I guess Bodine and our duo of young tackles have been around long enough that they now receive the sensitive, deferential veteran's treatment from the team regarding their "starter" status in the media.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
[Image: 599ba69e59ba5f8cc0b469e40980df02.gif]
Reply/Quote
Maybe it just means Westerman at C.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 06:51 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: I'm hoping this actually means that TJ Johnson will replace Bodine at center and Andre Smith will play RT while Fisher and Ogbuehi compete for the starting LT position.  I guess Bodine and our duo of young tackles have been around long enough that they now receive the sensitive, deferential veteran's treatment from the team regarding their "starter" status in the media.

Where is this info from?  Is it a Hobson article?

Edit:  Here it is.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Andre-offers-giant-flexibility-as-Bengals-go-on-guard/069c756e-922a-47e8-8909-a3849a7e9904

Edit II: I also took some time and read a good bit of the latest Hobson's Choice. Not that I slather over Geoff's writings, but rather he is our only real "window" into what the team is actually thinking or planning. Some interesting info, worth a look.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 07:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Where is this info from?  Is it a Hobson article?

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Andre-offers-giant-flexibility-as-Bengals-go-on-guard/069c756e-922a-47e8-8909-a3849a7e9904

"As Bengals go on guard"

Even his titles make me want to vomit. Is that supposed to be clever?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Even in his very brief stint at Center when Bodine was benched, Johnson looked far better. Then of course they put Bodine back in and the follies resumed.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 08:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: "As Bengals go on guard"

Even his titles make me want to vomit. Is that supposed to be clever?

Lol, yeah, in a Bob Saget sort of way, I'm sure.  As dorky and bootlicking a lackey as Hobson is, he is pretty much our only mouthpiece from the team.  Funny thing is, I'm actually getting on board with Andre Smith playing RG.  He's a good run blocker, and according to the article, be intent on re-establishing the run game, along with providing help to the Tackles from the backfield and TEs in Pass Pro.

I'm not thrilled about it, but it does at least seem like the team has a plan of action.  I'm just hoping that the defense can continue and build from the momentum that they gained, as the year went on, last season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 07:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Where is this info from?  Is it a Hobson article?

Edit II:  I also took some time and read a good bit of the latest Hobson's Choice.  Not that I slather over Geoff's writings, but rather he is our only real "window" into what the team is actually thinking or planning.  Some interesting info, worth a look.

Yeah, 2 DEs, 2LBs, Wr, RB,  OLine, CB in the draft.

That could be interesting. I still think they're gunning for Fournette but would be happy with Mixon. If Fournette's gone, they'll go D in the first. I'd like Davis or Ross, but can't see them going WR that early. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 08:20 PM)Joelist Wrote: Even in his very brief stint at Center when Bodine was benched, Johnson looked far better. Then of course they put Bodine back in and the follies resumed.

They did the same shit with Ogbeuhi.

And there's people on here who actually think Marvin and Paul know what the f*** they're doing  Whatever
Reply/Quote
There have been suitors for AJ Mac. There is also a reason they haven't been taken listened to. We're going to need him again. If I were him, I'd feign an injury early in the season and wait till he's a FA.

This garbage org and their half assed reporters can eat a bag of dicks for all I care. And I'm talking the chicken parts in a plastic grocery bag type, not the paper bag of baguettes kind.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 08:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm actually getting on board with Andre Smith playing RG. 

It can't hurt having him next to Fisher during the games. If Fish is struggling, Dre ought to be able to give him some help...
Reply/Quote