Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andre Smith returns
Andre Smith is good in the run game, and that is what we need right now.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Smith officially moved to RG.

Call me crazy but I like the move.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Andre-offers-giant-flexibility-as-Bengals-go-on-guard/069c756e-922a-47e8-8909-a3849a7e9904?campaign=cin:fanshare:twitter

I hope they try Westerman at Center.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
welcome back...

...for both games this season.

LOL

if its for depth, great. If its as a starter, I'd rather just roll with whoever is going to be playing when he goes down. And he will.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Smith officially moved to RG.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Andre-offers-giant-flexibility-as-Bengals-go-on-guard/069c756e-922a-47e8-8909-a3849a7e9904?campaign=cin:fanshare:twitter

If this is in fact what they do, and he plugs in at RG and plays up to his old level, it's a great deal.

Problem is...we'll have the same hole next season when we don't retain him since he'll be too expensive at a non-value position.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I actually hated the signing until I read they want him at Guard. I do feel a little better but I hope they let Westerman have a fair shot at starting as well. Let the better of the two start.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Smith officially moved to RG.

There was talk about Westerman at C last year.  Hopefully he has a great camp and takes the job.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 09:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Wait...maybe this is the plan!

Win a Super Bowl with a Raven like record setting defense. They'll sign Minter and Barwin and draft Foster and go with nothing but heavy sets to run the ball on offense while letting the defense shut down other teams.....

wait, that would mean that Marvin and Mikey actually had a plan....nevermind, just carry on. 

A good run game would be nice though.

It looks like their prepping for a 1st or 2nd RD RB.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 09:01 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Did we just lose a comp with this pickup.....

[Image: article-0-12E0BE86000005DC-177_634x474.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Andre was probably like "if i knew I could get $12mil for playing guard I woulda played there from the get go."
Reply/Quote
Well it's something. I feel a little bit better about the o-line but not much.

I don't really trust the guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:25 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: [Image: article-0-12E0BE86000005DC-177_634x474.jpg]

No, he was cut.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 12:23 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: No, he was cut.

Hey Mr. Brown people here on this net machine are saying you won't lose a comp pick for Smith, so will you please unlock the door and come out of the bathroom now.
Reply/Quote
I like the move. We all know they had to get some kind of help in here. (And still need some) Smith knows the system he just has to stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
Throw a bunch of shit at the wall, see if any of it sticks.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Wait a minute, Marv. I thought you weren't concerned about the line.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think this move is OK. Rather than move Fisher to RG and let Smith start there, it allows Fisher to sink or swim at RT and brings in a veteran to play RG (even though he hasn't before). If Fisher gets hurt (or sucks), then Winston can take his place or Smith can move to RT and someone else can get an opportunity at RG.

Also, with this move, I think it's a perfect opportunity to take Pat Elflein in the second round to try to improve the C position or, at minimum, provide quality interior OL depth.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:30 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If this is in fact what they do, and he plugs in at RG and plays up to his old level, it's a great deal.

Problem is...we'll have the same hole next season when we don't retain him since he'll be too expensive at a non-value position.

Yeah, we will let him go instead of re-signing him just like we did with Clint Boling and Bobbie Williams.

Er, wait,

Never mind.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 12:00 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Well it's something. I feel a little bit better about the o-line but not much.

Same.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 11:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, we will let him go instead of re-signing him just like we did with Clint Boling and Bobbie Williams.

Er, wait,

Never mind.

I see your Williams and boling and raise you a Zeitler, Steinbach, Mathis... 

Latter group > former Group
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 11:18 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I see your Williams and boling and raise you a Zeitler, Steinbach, Mathis... 

Latter group > former Group

Actually... no.

Boling = to Steinbach and Bobbie was the best RG in the league for 2 straight seasons, then Yanda came on strong.

Zeitler has never been the best RG in the league.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote