Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andrei Iosivas-GMFB love

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Cool stuff
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Does he have a realistic chance of making the team?
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 10:38 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Does he have a realistic chance of making the team?

yes...as the last WR.  He may not be active for any games but he has a shot at the 53

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 10:38 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Does he have a realistic chance of making the team?

(08-07-2023, 10:44 AM)pally Wrote: yes...as the last WR.  He may not be active for any games but he has a shot at the 53

If they keep 7?
Chase, Boyd, Tee, Taylor, Irwin, Jones, & Andre. Mike Thomas odd man out?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 10:51 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If they keep 7?
Chase, Boyd, Tee, Taylor, Irwin, Jones, & Andre. Mike Thomas odd man out?

Mike Thomas, the WR, was released during the season last year.  He was picked up by the Ravens who then released him in July.

The battle will be between Trent Taylor and Iosivas for the last spot if they keep 6

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 10:56 AM)pally Wrote: Mike Thomas, the WR, was released during the season last year.  He was picked up by the Ravens who then released him in July.

The battle will be between Trent Taylor and Iosivas for the last spot if they keep 6

I wouldnt say theres a battle between Iosivas and Taylor because one is a boundary receiver the other is a slot only. Taylor is in a battle with Charlie Jones over the returner and backup slot receiver spot. I can see a Pre Season undrafted FA standout pushing for WR 7 over Taylor easily.. Maybe Shedrick Jackson.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Absolutely. I think he has a better chance to make it than not. No way you buy that ticket and don't keep it until the drawing. He's top 6 at WR. Chase Highins, Boyd, Jones (slot 2), Irwin, Iosivas. If we keep 7, which I doubt, then Morgan. Taylor, Lassiter, & Jackson on the outside. 

Mike Thomas was released months ago. Not even in camp. 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 10:56 AM)pally Wrote: Mike Thomas, the WR, was released during the season last year.  He was picked up by the Ravens who then released him in July.

Gonna disagree here. Jones is taking Taylor's spot. Iosivas is an outside guy, his battle is with Irwin & Morgan. 2 of them make it. I guess if we keep 7, then Taylor, Morgan, Lassiter, & Jackson will battle for it. 
Reply/Quote
I think the rookie wideouts are locks.

I thought Irwin was in trouble but he's putting up a significant fight this camp.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 11:16 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Gonna disagree here. Jones is taking Taylor's spot. Iosivas is an outside guy, his battle is with Irwin & Morgan. 2 of them make it. I guess if we keep 7, then Taylor, Morgan, Lassiter, & Jackson will battle for it. 

Onlt if they find someone as goid as Taylor at returning punts...
Reply/Quote

We’re not letting him his the PS even if it means giving up on Gunther, Carter or maybe Sidney
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 11:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Onlt if they find someone as goid as Taylor at returning punts...

That will be Chuck Sizzle if he gets healthy. I also think Iosivas makes the team as a guy we put in the game once in awhile for a deep ball.

Has rare speed and size and is probably the best athlete on our team which is saying something as Schrager and GMFB here shows.

The WR's in my opinion will be Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Charlie Jones, TI, Iosivas unless Charlie is not ready to go by the season opener, then 
it is Taylor returning Punts with his sure hands. Chuck Sizzle is also known for his great hands and is bigger, quicker and faster than Taylor on 
the field with a knack for making big returns with vision. 

Taylor also had a bad fumble last year on a Return, luckily the ball went out of bounds.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 11:11 AM)Synric Wrote: I wouldnt say theres a battle between Iosivas and Taylor because one is a boundary receiver the other is a slot only. Taylor is in a battle with Charlie Jones over the returner and backup slot receiver spot. I can see a Pre Season undrafted FA standout pushing for WR 7 over Taylor easily.. Maybe Shedrick Jackson.

Probably the biggest battles in camp are the WR backups and backup QB
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 01:42 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Probably the biggest battles in camp are the WR backups and backup QB

RT as well. We don't know if Jonah or Carman will be the starter there come opening day, I have at least seen some wins from Carman.

Haven't seen anything from Jonah in the highlights, don't know if that is a good or bad thing.
Reply/Quote

Realistic doubtful, the WR core is pretty loaded up it seems , he is going to have to break through in special teams to probably make it, but has a good shot at practice squad so if an injury happens could get his chance. 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 01:42 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Probably the biggest battles in camp are the WR backups and backup QB

I would say RB2 is the biggest battle in training camp. He will likely see 350 snaps WITHOUT injuries let alone if Mixon misses time. They could also steal time from Mixon as the season progresses.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

I sure think he has a realistic chance of making the team.This guy had a very high RAS score.Super athletic,good size,hands,speed.
Bengals WR coach is very excited about Losivas,and said he’s looking forward to coaching him.

He went on to say that he has everything you’re looking for in a WR.

The 3 drafts picks I’m looking forward to seeing the most in preseason are Charlie Jones,Chase Brown,and Andrei Losivas.Rounds 4,5,and 6.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 01:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Realistic doubtful, the WR core is pretty loaded up it seems , he is going to have to break through in special teams to probably make it, but has a good shot at practice squad so if an injury happens could get his chance. 

The three starters are locked and I would guess #4 Charlie Jones is locked but other than that the other 2 or 3 spots are wide open. I would guess Iosivas, Irwin, and Morgan maybe Shedrick Jackson over Morgan depending on special teams.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 11:24 AM)jj22 Wrote: I think the rookie wideouts are locks.

I thought Irwin was in trouble but he's putting up a significant fight this camp.

TI is #4 with a bullet.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote