Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB?
(08-25-2019, 08:41 AM)pally Wrote: Well he might have looked differently if he had his planned press conference today as opposed to the pop up one he had to have last night because some one leaked his retirement plans.

And yoga pants are for everyone....even fat girls

It's like that show "Drain The Ocean". Shocked
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
No way they offer has a starting OT or a draft pick higher than 7 for one of our backups . So, I hope we say no way if the come calling, but they won't as they has a solid back up with NFL experience and young QB back up (albeit suspended for 2 games).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It would be a stretch but I can almost imagine it: Ryan Finley's stock is pretty high right now so we might get a 2nd and 5th for him if the Colts were trying to save this year. And if they did the trade but then it failed to work out, that's almost like a low 1st and 4th.

...OK I'm trying to talk myself into this and even I'm not buying it.

Reply/Quote
So this is the point at which we all express our outrage, disappointment and sadness all in one fell swoop. Meanwhile, in an unrelated issue Indianapolis has a SERIOUS problem with it's murder rate. Guess which issue makes the overwhelming amount of headlines this time around.. A guy quitting football... That's your new and improved news cycle folks.  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 10:06 AM)grampahol Wrote: So this is the point at which we all express our outrage, disappointment and sadness all in one fell swoop. Meanwhile, in an unrelated issue Indianapolis has a SERIOUS problem with it's murder rate. Guess which issue makes the overwhelming amount of headlines this time around.. A guy quitting football... That's your new and improved news cycle folks.  Cool

Imagine talking about football on a football site.
Reply/Quote
I would gladly trade them Dalton for a 1st Rounder

The Colts have a chance to win their division, Dalton can make that happen for them, I cant say the same for J Brisset
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 08:41 AM)pally Wrote: Well he might have looked differently if he had his planned press conference today as opposed to the pop up one he had to have last night because some one leaked his retirement plans.

And yoga pants are for everyone....even fat girls

DISAGREE- Yoga pants are proof God loves man, but at the same time, just because they make something in your size doesn't mean you should wear it...….
Reply/Quote
Bozo move by Luck. Sucks for the colts team and fans. But why would we trade AD? All that does is make their problem our problem.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 10:06 AM)grampahol Wrote: So this is the point at which we all express our outrage, disappointment and sadness all in one fell swoop. Meanwhile, in an unrelated issue Indianapolis has a SERIOUS problem with it's murder rate. Guess which issue makes the overwhelming amount of headlines this time around.. A guy quitting football... That's your new and improved news cycle folks.  Cool

Every city is experiencing serious problems with murder rates skyrocketing. Louisville is now a slaughterhouse, with Lexington trying to come in a close second. It's what happens when society sides with criminals instead of cops. Cops lay down and let the criminals have at it. And people are more worried about their "Fanstasy" leagues than anything real in life anyway.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 10:05 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: It would be a stretch but I can almost imagine it: Ryan Finley's stock is pretty high right now so we might get a 2nd and 5th for him if the Colts were trying to save this year. And if they did the trade but then it failed to work out, that's almost like a low 1st and 4th.

...OK I'm trying to talk myself into this and even I'm not buying it.

After Finley and Dolegaga carve them up this week, they might come after one of them with an offer of future picks. I can't see them getting rid of a tackle though.... whoever is back there for them is going to need all the help they can get.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:39 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Colts fans were booing him as he walked off the field? Really?!?!

It's the injury bug frustration. We have it with Ross.
Reply/Quote
This is a good time for the Colts to pull a DIKTA trade with us.

Otherwise they will ring up Kaepernick??!?!
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 10:36 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: It's the injury bug frustration. We have it with Ross.

Absolutely not even in the same REALM as the Ross situation.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
If they were desperate, and I really doubt they're that desperate. They might come at us with an offer slightly out of proportion for a QB. A 4th round pick next season which could move up to a 3rd with this and that being met. But I highly doubt they'd trade away any OT besides PS kinda folks.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 02:12 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sucks the guy made it this far into adult life and nobody ever taught him how to shave and clean up and look like he isn't a hobo. God damn some of the people of wal mart would be embarrassed to go out looking like that.

Most people in Walmart are not millionaires. 
Reply/Quote
All Colin Kapernick supporters please report to Indianapolis in 3...2...1...
Reply/Quote
RIP the phrase " the next Andrew Luck".
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 10:32 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Bozo move by Luck. Sucks for the colts team and fans. But why would we trade AD? All that does is make their problem our problem.
"New head coach Zac Taylor’s pass offense looks to be exactly what the pundits ordered for a unit that time looked to have passed by the last few years. It is proving to be versatile and well put together enough to average the third most passing yards in the NFL preseason heading into the weekend despite interchangeable rotations of wide receivers, tight ends, offensive linemen, and, not to mention, a meager 2.7 yards per rush."

That was a quote from a Hopson story 3rd most passing yards in the NFL preseason that was not all Andy Dalton. Like I said we can win just as many games with Finley as Dalton and keep the younger QB for the future. Get rid of the older QB for a draft pick that will most likely be gone in a year or two anyway get value out of him while he still has value for our team.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 11:07 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: "New head coach Zac Taylor’s pass offense looks to be exactly what the pundits ordered for a unit that time looked to have passed by the last few years. It is proving to be versatile and well put together enough to average the third most passing yards in the NFL preseason heading into the weekend despite interchangeable rotations of wide receivers, tight ends, offensive linemen, and, not to mention, a meager 2.7 yards per rush."

That was a quote from a Hopson story 3rd most passing yards in the NFL preseason that was not all Andy Dalton. Like I said we can win just as many games with Finley as Dalton and keep the younger QB for the future. Get rid of the older QB for a draft pick that will most likely be gone in a year or two anyway get value out of him while he still has value for our team.

Finley is not playing against 1st team defenses.....
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 10:41 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: This is a good time for the Colts to pull a DIKTA trade with us.

Otherwise they will ring up Kaepernick??!?!

The media will start screaming for that probably.  But the guy hasn't played in a few years and wasn't very good when he did play.
Reply/Quote