Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB?
(08-25-2019, 02:12 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sucks the guy made it this far into adult life and nobody ever taught him how to shave and clean up and look like he isn't a hobo. God damn some of the people of wal mart would be embarrassed to go out looking like that.

The beard covers up his lack of chin
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 02:04 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: YOU!  Just trying to be a douche I guess

Nah, just pointing out it doesn't "seem legit" when the guy actually says he's retiring. 

Just giving you a hand. (pun intended)

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 03:47 AM)Whatever Wrote: The Colts tanked for Luck, so they will just tank for a QB next year.  They won't trade for a QB.

Wow...from a team that was pegged by some as a potential Super Bowl team...
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 02:07 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: I'm just saying we got 3 promising QB's..   Toss us a Tackle

Three? You really think they're going to trade a decent tackle for Driskell or Dolegalalala?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 11:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Finley is not playing against 1st team defenses.....

Rep

Finley has played well and made great and accurate throws most of the time and he as moved well in the pocket, I see a lot of upside.

But, he has yet to play against a 1st ream defense in the NFL nor has he had DC game plan against him. I am hoping he is next Joe Montana, but have no idea based on the questions to be answered above.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Andy* Luck, Andrew Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 11:37 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The media will start screaming for that probably.  But the guy hasn't played in a few years and wasn't very good when he did play.

Also a different skill set than Luck and Brissett which the OC has his offense built around.

But I learned a long time ago, never say never and never say always.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 10:41 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: This is a good time for the Colts to pull a DIKTA trade with us.

Otherwise they will ring up Kaepernick??!?!

There is always some go-to QB brought up every time a QB gets injured or otherwise leaves in a hurry.  Now it's Kaepernick, before thar it was Tebow, before that it was Favre and so on.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the "call Kaepernick?" question is replaced by people asking if the next team to lose a QB should call Luck.
Reply/Quote
Colts Luck picked the wrong year to retire. Should have been after this season because they would tank for Lawrence pick. Now they will be fortunate to get Fromm which may turn out a very good QB.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 11:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Finley is not playing against 1st team defenses.....

He also hasn’t been playing with all our top offensive weapons...

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 11:37 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The media will start screaming for that probably.  But the guy hasn't played in a few years and wasn't very good when he did play.

Colin sports a career passer rating higher than Dalton’s. Also played far better in the Playoffs, and almost won a Super Bowl. Kaepernick is not an upper echelon NFL QB, but the people who rip on him usually influenced to a degree by his social activism. The guy was and is still deserving of a roster spot in the NFL based solely on ability. When bums like Nathan Peterman and Tom Savage continue to get roster spots despite a track record of abominable play, you know the game is rigged.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He also hasn’t been playing with all our top offensive weapons...

If Finley gets extended run with the starters his weak arm will get exposed without pinpoint accuracy.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He also hasn’t been playing with all our top offensive weapons...

That's very much true as well. I'm not knocking Finley, he looks great. But you can't tell very much from the body of work he has on tape. Will he fold when Pro Bowl blitzers are coming after him, or will he stand tall and make great throws to the #1s. It's all a question mark at this point....
Reply/Quote
Driskell SHOULD be sent to the colts, he can catch too!
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:50 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Colin sports a career passer rating higher than Dalton’s.  Also played far better in the Playoffs, and almost won a Super Bowl.  Kaepernick is not an upper echelon NFL QB, but the people who rip on him usually influenced to a degree by his social activism.  The guy was and is still deserving of a roster spot in the NFL based solely on ability.  When bums like Nathan Peterman and Tom Savage continue to get roster spots despite a track record of abominable play, you know the game is rigged.

50% accurate. Missing piece is he wanted starter QB money originally and priced himself out due to risk of his social behavior. If he wanted to play, he could have signed with a number of teams for the league minimum. Hos choice to sit versus get paid less.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:52 AM)samhain Wrote: Why?  He pulled the rug out from under them two weeks before the season opener.  He hasn't won shit for them.  Absolutely nothing meaningful.  He's the ultimate hype-generated superstar.  Lots of cred for stats and physical traits, but at the end of the day his legacy is garbage in the grand scheme of things.  This is even more so now that he's a bona fide quitter.  

That team ran arguably the most legendary quarterback this side of Tom Brady out of town, then proceeded to intentionally tank a season to obtain the ability to draft Andrew Luck.  This is the reward the fans reap.  A quitting loser who lacks the class to drop the news before late August.  

Screw Luck and his silver-spoon bullshit.  I hope the fans show up on his lawn with torches and trash bags full of dead, decaying raccoons.  He's a punk and a chickenshit.  It's his right to quit, most assuredly.  But that comes with a price.  He's going to pay it forever in the eyes of Colts fans.

Just a quick look at at an incomplete list of his injuries include torn labrum, sports hernia, lacerated kidney, concussion.

We all have to retire at some point. When a guy has sacrificed his body to the point he was literally pissing blood I'd think twice about casting aspersions and wishing fans through dead raccoons on his lawn.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 02:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Just a quick look at at an incomplete list of his injuries include torn labrum, sports hernia, lacerated kidney, concussion.

We all have to retire at some point. When a guy has sacrificed his body to the point he was literally pissing blood I'd think twice about casting aspersions and wishing fans through dead raccoons on his lawn.

That's what I don't understand here. In any other profession, we'd be lauding someone for being able to retire at such a young age. Most of us dream of being so financially secure that we can spend the rest of our days doing whatever it is that makes us happy. Luck's priorities have changed with his long list of injuries and with a child on the way that he wants to spend time with. I'm not going to hold his choices against him. Luck has never been a "me first" player. He's the picture of being a good teammate, fighting to get back in ball games, always lifting other players up. 

I was an athletic trainer in college, and we had a football player who suffered seven injuries over the course of his career. After each one, you could just see a little part of him die. There was just less and less hope to get back on the field and it took such a toll on him. He decided that football wasn't for him after his junior season after the mental and physical toll it was taking on him. I'd imagine that Luck was probably feeling some of the same things.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:52 AM)samhain Wrote: Why?  He pulled the rug out from under them two weeks before the season opener.  He hasn't won shit for them.  Absolutely nothing meaningful.  He's the ultimate hype-generated superstar.  Lots of cred for stats and physical traits, but at the end of the day his legacy is garbage in the grand scheme of things.  This is even more so now that he's a bona fide quitter.  

That team ran arguably the most legendary quarterback this side of Tom Brady out of town, then proceeded to intentionally tank a season to obtain the ability to draft Andrew Luck.  This is the reward the fans reap.  A quitting loser who lacks the class to drop the news before late August.  

Screw Luck and his silver-spoon bullshit.  I hope the fans show up on his lawn with torches and trash bags full of dead, decaying raccoons.  He's a punk and a chickenshit.  It's his right to quit, most assuredly.  But that comes with a price.  He's going to pay it forever in the eyes of Colts fans.

Why so mad bro? You draft him FF or something? Relax.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote

He's won more for them than any of our QBs for the last 27 years. Beat us in the playoffs too.

Reply/Quote
Two weeks before the regular season begins? That’s when you pull the D-ring and eject? That’s lower than whale shit on the bottom of the Marianas Trench.
Reply/Quote