Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB?
(08-25-2019, 02:56 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Two weeks before the regular season begins?  That’s when you pull the D-ring and eject? That’s lower than whale shit on the bottom of the Marianas Trench.

The latest injury was what pushed him over the edge to retire. I highly doubt he was sitting in his basement concocting a plan to screw his teammates over. 
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 02:46 PM)BengalChris Wrote: He's won more for them than any of our QBs for the last 27 years. Beat us in the playoffs too.

Yes, he beat us at Indy in playoffs where our top WR was Burkhead.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 03:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, he beat us at Indy in playoffs where our top WR was Burkhead.

Gio had the most receiving yds, and we had Sanu. We were hurting for sure, but let’s not go out of our way to exaggerate the excuses.

Reply/Quote
Luck will be playing in the XFL. Guess who the commissioner of the XFL is.....His Dad.
Reply/Quote
Pretty wild.

Shocking to say the least. This is right before the season starts.

Bad time to announce your retirement, should of done it earlier in the year so the Colts could of prepared for this.

Bet the Colts just tank the season now so they can draft Lawrence next season.

Who is their backup? I don't even know.

BTW, I doubt our backup QB's would get us a good OT.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 02:56 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Two weeks before the regular season begins?  That’s when you pull the D-ring and eject? That’s lower than whale shit on the bottom of the Marianas Trench.

Lol

First time I have heard of that low, reps. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 03:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pretty wild.

Shocking to say the least. This is right before the season starts.

Bad time to announce your retirement, should of done it earlier in the year so the Colts could of prepared for this.

Bet the Colts just tank the season now so they can draft Lawrence next season.

Who is their backup? I don't even know.

BTW, I doubt our backup QB's would get us a good OT.

If the Colts weren't preparing for life after Luck at this point, that's on them IMO.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 04:13 PM)NKURyan Wrote: If the Colts weren't preparing for life after Luck at this point, that's on them IMO.

Thats true, there is something else to this i don't know about too.

Don't want to jump to conclusions. Sounds like Luck got hurt lately so it may not be like he just sprung it on them.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 04:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thats true, there is something else to this i don't know about too.

Don't want to jump to conclusions. Sounds like Luck got hurt lately so it may not be like he just sprung it on them.

I hope you’re right. This might be Jacoby Brissett’s time to embrace the spotlight. He’s more mobile than Andrew Luck and with the awful offensive line in Indianapolis he’ll need to be.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 04:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I hope you’re right.  This might be Jacoby Brissett’s time to embrace the spotlight.  He’s more mobile than Andrew Luck and with the awful offensive line in Indianapolis he’ll need to be.

That O-line is a lot better now with Nelson on it.

Which is also why i found this news shocking. Luck finally was getting a decent O-line in front of him.
Reply/Quote
Bengals "fans" boo,too, so no need for the Colts ones to be critiqued.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 03:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Gio had the most receiving yds, and we had Sanu. We were hurting for sure, but let’s not go out of our way to exaggerate the excuses.

Excuses

No AJ
No Jones
No Eifert

I think losing these 3 would be a good reason (not excuse) for an offense to struggle on the road

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 04:13 PM)NKURyan Wrote: If the Colts weren't preparing for life after Luck at this point, that's on them IMO.

They weren't prepared when Payton missed an entire season.

But that's how they operate, the tank badly, get the 1st pick and draft the best QB.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 04:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Excuses

No AJ
No Jones
No Eifert

I think losing these 3 would be a good reason (not excuse) for an offense to struggle on the road

No Gresham and Eric Winston playing instead of an injured Andre Smith didnt help.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 05:00 PM)Synric Wrote: No Gresham and Eric Winston playing instead of an injured Andre Smith didnt help.

I knew we were decimated by injury by the playoffs, TY I forgot those 2

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 02:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Dalton and his cheese-dust-lookin' beard say you should lighten up.

[Image: 3iOx0Le.jpg]

Gingers Are Evil!!!
Reply/Quote

No AJ
No Jones
No Eifert

They still beat us handily, 26-10. Then beat Denver and Payton handily.

We've barely competed in the playoff games except the Pittsburgh game and up to half time in the San Diego game.

Reply/Quote

No AJ
No Jones
No Eifert

As I said, we were hurting. You deliberately made it sound even worse than it was though, claiming “Rex Burkhead was our top WR.” He wasn’t. Gio was. And we had Sanu, who had twice as many targets as Burkhead.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 03:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, he beat us at Indy in playoffs where our top WR was Burkhead.

Also beat the dogshit outta us earlier that season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 05:26 PM)jason Wrote: Also beat the dogshit outta us earlier that season.

And we beat him at Indy in 2018. Point? 

What is have to do with we were missing 50% of starters on offense when Luck beat us in the playoffs others than to argue?

Reply/Quote