Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton Released
(04-30-2020, 10:22 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Unfortunate, but predictable.

We had absolutely no leverage in trade scenarios. That all evaporated after Chicago got Foles.

Now Dalton is basically a veteran back up in the NFL, not a starter.

And no one was going to pay a back up 17.7 million dollars.

I wish him well on his next team. Maybe he can start again if the team's starter is bad.

He gave us a really nice 5 year run in the playoffs. I'm going to miss him as a person in the community.

There are teams he could go to where he would be the number 1. He's still better than 1/4 of the guys currently starting. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Signs with NE within 2 hours.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:33 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: There are teams he could go to where he would be the number 1. He's still better than 1/4 of the guys currently starting. 

Name 8 QB’s he’s better than.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Let’s hope those records don’t stand very long. Big Grin

Right on dude.  In about 7 to 9 seasons I want to see Burrow's name at the top of the career passing records for this franchise along with him ascending on the list for the NFL all-time passing leaders.  Also, give me a few MVP awards and 1 or 2 Super Bowls victories.  That's all I'm asking for, I'm not getting younger.  I need a Bengals Super Bowl victory during my life.
Reply/Quote
I enjoyed his time here and wish him best of luck in the future. I agree some team will pick him up as a back up and that can happen now that the contract isn't a problem. Or else New England where he'd almost certainly win the starting job over Hoyer and their rookies.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:33 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Signs with NE within 2 hours.

They don’t have the cap room. They’d have to make some significant cuts.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:36 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Right on dude.  In about 7 to 9 seasons I want to see Burrow's name at the top of the career passing records for this franchise along with him ascending on the list for the NFL all-time passing leaders.  Also, give me a few MVP awards and 1 or 2 Super Bowls victories.  That's all I'm asking for, I'm not getting younger.  I need a Bengals Super Bowl victory during my life.

If Burrow does not throw 40 TD's and 4500 yards in 2020 we drafted the wrong guy. Most talented receivers and running back group in football.

I am rooting for him, but time will tell.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:16 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Should have traded him months ago when we had the chance. Colossal waste of what could have been a few draft picks Whatever

No one wanted him in a trade.

Everyone knew we’d be releasing him

He’ll be signed by end of next week
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Name 8 QB’s he’s better than.

Baker Mayfield, 
Jared Goff, 
Daniel Jones, 
Sam Darnold, 
Josh Allen, 
Jarret Stidham, 
Gardner Minshew, 
Tyrod Taylor, 
Dwayne Haskins,
Mitch Trubisky/Foles, 
Teddy Bridgewater 

Do some of these guys have more upside than Dalton? Yes. Are they better right now? No.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They don’t have the cap room. They’d have to make some significant cuts.

It would be a cap room problem for the Bengals...Not for NE...they know how to get things done and win while doing it.
Reply/Quote
Helped lead us to 5 strait playoff appearances. Not to mention being an amazing man in the community. Thanks for the memories Andy!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:41 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Baker Mayfield, 
Jared Goff, 
Daniel Jones, 
Sam Darnold, 
Josh Allen, 
Jarret Stidham, 
Gardner Minshew, 
Tyrod Taylor, 
Dwayne Haskins,
Mitch Trubisky/Foles, 
Teddy Bridgewater 

Do some of these guys have more upside than Dalton? Yes. Are they better right now? No.

And any rookie QB for the simple fact they have never taken a snap in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:39 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If Burrow does not throw 40 TD's and 4500 yards in 2020 we drafted the wrong guy. Most talented receivers and running back group in football.

Did you forget the ninja emoji or something? Because this is a ridiculous post. The rookie QB TD record is 27. Burrow is not going to come in an throw 40 his first season. Idc who his WR’s are.

Reply/Quote
The only time that AD had value for trade was during the season.
TBS, If we were offered a 4th this offseason we should have taken that. Maybe he didn't want to go to Chicago?

Water under the bridge. Wish him and his family the best.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Best of luck to Andy. He brought a lot of great memories as a Bengal and was always a class act. As for his future team perhaps the Jaguars might be interested since Jay Gruden is the OC there now. He'd be competing with Minshew I guess for the starting job.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:39 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If Burrow does not throw 40 TD's and 4500 yards in 2020 we drafted the wrong guy. Most talented receivers and running back group in football.

I hope you don't have unrealistic expectations like this regarding other things in life, because if you do you gotta be perpetually disappointed. 
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They don’t have the cap room. They’d have to make some significant cuts.

You seem to spew tons of misinformation and, even worse, you usually represent it as simple fact.

He was released. His now former contract is void.  His salary and cap hit moving forward is 100% negotiable, and is not at all based on his previous 17.5 mil hit.

I would not look for him to make anywhere past 5 mil per, on a short deal, with very little guaranteed. (For reference, Jaemis Winston just signed for 1.1 mil.)

They can easily find room for him without making "significant cuts" if they choose to.  You're wrong yet again. Shocking, I know.  Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
Jared Goff, 
Daniel Jones, 
Sam Darnold, 
Josh Allen, 
Jarret Stidham, 
Gardner Minshew, 
Tyrod Taylor, 
Dwayne Haskins,
Mitch Trubisky/Foles, 
Teddy Bridgewater 

David Carr

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:45 AM)SladeX Wrote: The only time that AD had value for trade was during the season.
TBS, If we were offered a 4th this offseason we should have taken that. Maybe he didn't want to go to Chicago?

Water under the bridge. Wish him and his family the best.

Agreed, that's about the only way we can look at it now.  It's over and done.
Reply/Quote
Jared Goff, 
Daniel Jones, 
Sam Darnold, 
Josh Allen, 
Jarret Stidham, 
Gardner Minshew, 
Tyrod Taylor, 
Dwayne Haskins,
Mitch Trubisky/Foles, 
Teddy Bridgewater 

Dalton is not currently better than Mayfield, Goff, Jones, Minshew, Allen, Foles, or Bridgewater, and Darnold and Haskins have a far higher ceiling. The Chargers just drafted Herbert, so they’re not going to be interested.

Of all the guys you mentioned only JAX and NE (if they cut some players) are potential landing spots for Dalton.

Reply/Quote