Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton Released
(04-30-2020, 10:58 AM)McC Wrote: Of course.  That's who the petty little snide remark was aimed at, he being a Burrow hater and all.

Some severely butthurt Dalton Gangers up in here...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:21 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Still better than nothing

And why not wait until training camp? Injuries happen all the time in during the preseason... the timing of this move seems very odd

The Bengals would have been over the cap if they signed all their draft picks and kept Dalton, so they had to do something with his contract (or cut/restructure someone else).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:41 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Baker Mayfield, 
Jared Goff, 
Daniel Jones, 
Sam Darnold, 
Josh Allen, 
Jarret Stidham, 
Gardner Minshew, 
Tyrod Taylor, 
Dwayne Haskins,
Mitch Trubisky/Foles, 
Teddy Bridgewater 

Do some of these guys have more upside than Dalton? Yes. Are they better right now? No.

Don't forget Brian Hoyer. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The stats Dalton has had (most recently) are 16 TD 14 INT and a 78.3 rating. All of those guys put up better numbers last season. Expect the couple I mentioned in Haskins and Darnold, but they’re young and have a higher ceiling. Their teams are not going to be interested.

We can all cherry pick stats to explain how we want.

Dalton had a shit line and no AJ Green.  Value that into the mix.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Some severely butthurt Dalton Gangers up in here...

Yep.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No it wouldn’t be a Bengals problem. He’s off our books now. Unless he signs for about 1m NE can’t afford him without cutting someone. Their current cap space is 1.7m.

You just do not follow/read very well do you?  You want an argument every time and answer every question like you know everything in the world.

It would be a problem for the Bengals because they are not creative with the salary cap....NE is creative and if they want Andy they will figure out how to get it done.  It had nothing to do with Andy BEING on our books.  It was about the difference between the organizations.  You spouted off about them having to "make significant cuts", which they would not because they know how to do things.

So, next time please read the statement before responding like a know it all pompous ass.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why not?

Mahommes just did it `st year he started

We are loaded with weapons so no reason for him not to put up huge numbers in this offense

I expect it

Mahomes was not a rookie when he threw 50. Started a game the year before.

Reply/Quote
Maybe he comes back cheap if Pats and Jags pass...
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:48 AM)Shouldamapads Wrote: David Carr

*Derek...but yes, that makes an interesting scenario as well.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I saw this monstrosity...

[Image: EW20ijyWAAIasNj?format=jpg&name=medium]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:09 AM)Shouldamapads Wrote: We can all cherry pick stats to explain how we want.

Dalton had a shit line and no AJ Green.  Value that into the mix.

He ain’t gonna have AJ Green in NE either. Even Brady struggled with their lack of weapons last season.

Reply/Quote
I hope Andy lands on a team with actual blocking and a coherent offensive system and that he does well.

I also hope Burrow does good this year and that unlike last year we have blocking and a coherent offensive system.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You are talking out of your ass as per usual. The Patriots currently have 1.7 million in cap space, so YES they would have to cut someone to make room for Dalton at ANY reasonable price. I never mentioned 17m.

Try again.

1.) You used the word "significant".  Clearing a few mil in space does not require significant changes.

2.) You used the word "cuts". Cuts as in plural. ie Multiple players cut. (Significant ones at that)

3.) The Patriots, like all teams, have more guys under contract than will make or count towards their main roster.  Cuts will happen regardless of their pursuit of Dalton. Money will come off the books.

4.) You are ignorant about restructuring and how easily teams can create space without cuts, and without forcing paycuts.

Your statement was simple. That they can't pursue him, that it's not logical, due to cap constraints.  This is 100% false.  They can easily add him without significant cuts, which is what you represented as fact.

Save your semantics and Kindergartener's understanding of the cap for someone else. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:03 AM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: Thanks Andy.

This is kinda like the end of Toy Story 3 when Andy leaves for college and the toys are kinda sad for minute then immediately get over it.

Lmao this is perfect. Now Bonnie Burrow is the new kid playing with all of our toys.

Does this imply that AJ Green is Woody? In Toy Story 4 he leaves for free agency...
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:10 AM)spazz70 Wrote: You just do not follow/read very well do you?  You want an argument every time and answer every question like you know everything in the world.

It would be a problem for the Bengals because they are not creative with the salary cap....NE is creative and if they want Andy they will figure out how to get it done.  It had nothing to do with Andy BEING on our books.  It was about the difference between the organizations.  You spouted off about them having to "make significant cuts", which they would not because they know how to do things.

So, next time please read the statement before responding like a know it all pompous ass.

THEY ARE 1.7 MILLION UNDER THE CAP!!!

What is so hard to understand about this? I know this is really hard for some of you guys to be moving on from your hero the red rifle, but this is an exciting time to be a Bengals fan, not sure why a few of you are lashing out like you are.

Reply/Quote
It's a bittersweet moment. I loved Andy as our QB. He fit the underrated, unappreciated, underdog persona that this team has always had. I was convinced the AJ Andy era would end in at least one playoff victory. It's sad that never transpired. However, I will never hold that against Andy.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mahomes was not a rookie when he threw 50. Started a game the year before.

So 40 should be a cakewalk for Burrow
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:20 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So 40 should be a cakewalk for Burrow

Stop.  You're just embarrassing yourself.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The right move. Godspeed Andy. Hopefully he gets a chance somewhere else, either as a bridge starter or making millions to hold the clipboard.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:25 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: do you take the hit on trying to sell all that heavy pilates equipment in a market that doesnt know what it is, or pay the premium to ship it across the country?  big decisions for the dalton clan.  

Or maybe they don't have to move at all.

Hmm

I'd say best bet is Jacksonville, followed by the Patriots.  If neither of those teams are interested he may come back here as a back up.  I doubt that happens but it may be his best option financially.  As a back up he is more valuable to the Bengals than any other team because he is already familiar with all the coaches and receivers.  Also depends on how deep his roots are in the community.  This has been his home for 10 years.  His kids were born and raised here.  But it would be tough for him to swallow his pride to return as a back up.
Reply/Quote