Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton finds a new team. Congrats
Cowboys already gave Elliot a Brinks truck and in no hurry to give one to Dak. The Dalton signing is a Big Willie move by Jerry Jones. Sure he'd rather have Dak under center, but is making sure everyone knows he is still running things. Get on or he keeps the train moving.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 02:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess Amari Cooper is prime AJ Green now...

Dak clearly had the better OL (we did have Whit, Zeitler, Boling), and Zeke is obviously a million times better than Hill, but Dak last year and Andy in 2015 had the same exact number of skill players voted to the Pro Bowl (I know you’re big on those to prove points).

Bengals - AJ, Eifert

Cowboys - Zeke, Cooper

The Dallas OL did have 3 Pro Bowlers in Martin, Smith, and Frederick to our 1 in Whitworth, but Whit was All Pro that year, which is the same number of All Pro’s they had (Martin).

The Cowboys only had 1 Pro Bowl starter on defense in Jaylon Smith to our 4 (Geno, Pacman, Dunlap, Nelson). And Geno was All Pro.

So outside of a better overall OL, and RB, was last year’s Cowboys team really that much better than our 2015 team? I don’t think so.

Didn't the Dallas offense lead the league in offense in 2019? When did any Bengals offense lead the league in offense?

The Dallas offense is far and away better than the Bengals 2015 offense and will be great gain in 2020 while the 2016 Bengals offense got way worse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 04:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Didn't the Dallas offense lead the league in offense in 2019? Whe did any Bengals offense lead the league in offense?

The Dallas offense is far and away better than the Bengals 2015 offense and will be great gain in 2020 while the 2016 Bengals offense got way worse.

It's because Dallas has a better QB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I waited to talk about this and after given this some thought this has the chance to be one of Jerry Jones best free agents signings.

Since 2011, when Andy Dalton entered the NFL, he has the 5th most game winner drives and 5th most 4th quarter comebacks with 24 and 20 respectively.

He's played 9 seasons, he's 32, if he played until he was 39 which is doable in today's NFL. That would be 2.22 at 16 seasons that would of been 35ish. Which would of only put Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Peyton Manning ahead of him.

He could come in and win them some games if they need it, if Dak gets hurt. Though unless he's a starter somewhere he probably won't get to 35 now.

It also lights a fire under Dak to maybe get a deal done. Because Andy Dalton is a Texas native and they're going to like him in Texas.

Jerry also paid him 3 million, possibly up to 7 with incentives. 3 million for a starter quality backup is a steal.

But he's paying Dalton potentially 7 times what Winston got, it shows that he's willing to pay his quarterbacks, but not to a point that it's a detrimental to the team.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 05:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's because Dallas has a better QB

Yep. Dalton has never came close to 4900 yds even at his best, and the only season he threw for 30+ TD’s he also threw 20 INT’s and had an 88.8 rating.

Folks are severely underrating Dak in this thread.

Reply/Quote
Lets consider the Coronavirus doesn't die down enough to have a partial or full season. By not signing Dak, I guess Jerry Jones would save a lot of money if the season gets canceled. It is about business. I personally would love to see Dak packing and Andy taking over as starter. I think the players demand too much money sometimes.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Dak Prescott would easily be rated in the top half of NFL QB's today, probably top quarter or close to it. Andy Dalton would be close to the bottom.

I hope Dalton finds some success to finish his career, somehow ? But unless they can't work a deal out with Dak I doubt Dalton is the starter.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 05:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Dalton has never came close to 4900 yds even at his best, and the only season he threw for 30+ TD’s he also threw 20 INT’s and had an 88.8 rating.

I think Dak is a very good and not great QB who benefits playing behind the best OL in football with one of the best RB's in the NFL as well.

The question becomes is he worth 25 to  30 million more  each year than AD if you are Jerry Jones. You can bring in a lot of studs for 25 million dollars.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 08:44 AM)McC Wrote: Mayfield had less yards, less td's and more int's and won less games.  On what planet was he ranked higher?

google  2019 only!

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 05:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Dalton has never came close to 4900 yds even at his best, and the only season he threw for 30+ TD’s he also threw 20 INT’s and had an 88.8 rating.

For the past 9 years folks have underrated QBs when it comes to comparison against Andy. 

You'd be amazed at the list of QBs that are inferior to Andy around here.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 05:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's because Dallas has a better QB

And defense, and running backs, and O line, and coaching staff, and WRs...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 07:48 PM)jason Wrote: And defense, and running backs, and O line, and coaching staff, and WRs...

Sure, just wanted to make sure folks understood which team had the better player in the most important position on the team.

But if you think Amari Cooper and his 2019 crew were better than Aj, Marvin, and Mo we may disagree. 

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 07:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure, just wanted to make sure folks understood which team had the better player in the most important position on the team.

But if you think Amari Cooper and his 2019 crew were better than Aj, Marvin, and Mo we may disagree. 

Also, their defense had 1 pro bowler to our 2015 team’s 4. And they had to bring 37 year old Jason Witten out of retirement to help at TE. Compare that to Eifert who made the Pro Bowl and caught 13 TD’s.

Coaching is pretty debatable as well. Marvin, Hue, and Guenther vs Garrett, Kellen Moore, and Rod Marinelli...

At the very least I’d say it’s a wash. I’d personally take Marvin over Garrett though.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 02:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wtf are you talking about?

Dak 4902 yds 30 TD 11 INT 99.7 rating

Mayfield 3827 yds 22 TD 21 INT 78.8 rating

You my man, are the joke.

(05-03-2020, 07:27 PM)RASCAL Wrote: google  2019 only!

^Those ARE their 2019 numbers ya goof!

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 07:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure, just wanted to make sure folks understood which team had the better player in the most important position on the team.

You used present tense... Didn't realize we were using all decade teams here.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 08:43 PM)jason Wrote: You used present tense... Didn't realize we were using all decade teams here.

The original comparison (because Fred brought up Andy’s 2015 rating) was our 2015 team vs the Cowboys 2019 team.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 08:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The original comparison (because Fred brought up Andy’s 2015 rating) was our 2015 team vs the Cowboys 2019 team.

Oh... Yeah then I'd concede we had the better WRs. Dallas definitely had the advantage in the backfield, O line, and LB corps though. Jaylen Smith and that Dutch fella are badass. Overall that 2015 defense was probably better though.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 08:43 PM)jason Wrote: You used present tense... Didn't realize we were using all decade teams here.

See just below your post

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 08:55 PM)jason Wrote: Oh... Yeah then I'd concede we had the better WRs. Dallas definitely had the advantage in the backfield, O line, and LB corps though. Jaylen Smith and that Dutch fella are badass. Overall that 2015 defense was probably better though.

Yeah, Andy gets most of the credit for 2015 (and rightly so) but our defense was pretty damn good. Geno was All Pro that year, Dunlap, Pacman, and Nelson were all Pro Bowlers. And Burfict was still playing at an extremely high level. That was the season Reggie Nelson really became one of my favorite all time Bengals. He was REALLY good that season. And was an absolute Steeler killer.

Reply/Quote
I wish Dalton the best, he's been nothing but a complete class act in Cincinnati. You can tell he's one of the genuine good guys. I'm happy though we turned the page and excited to see what Burrow will do here its long overdue... but Dalton is a guy who has been classy from day one to the day he left. Good luck in Dallas...
Reply/Quote