Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton finds a new team. Congrats
(05-03-2020, 10:41 AM)jason Wrote: Oh we gon' hate on Burrow at some point. It's the Circle of Life for a Bengals player.

We have a history of fans turning and taking personal attacks on our players. Heck, these fans probably turned on their mother once she had a bad year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Just saw the news. Happy for Andy.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 08:55 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Damn, went from one of the worst OL in the league the last couple years to one with 3 All-Pros on it. Good for Andy.

Even more than that think about the ownership.  Dalton went from the cheapest owner in the league to the most lavish and extravagant.  It is gioing to be culture shock.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 10:41 AM)motoarch Wrote: Anyone that thinks there's a snow balls chance in hell Andy starts over Dak is tetering dangerously close to being...well I won't say the r word here.

You can say the word "right" on here....
Reply/Quote
Three to seven million to be a back up sounds about right.  And so much for wanting to be a starter.  He must have really wanted out of Cincy to take an over 80% pay cut.  That's what I call a home town discount right there.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 10:41 AM)motoarch Wrote: Anyone that thinks there's a snow balls chance in hell Andy starts over Dak is tetering dangerously close to being...well I won't say the r word here.

Nothing wrong with acknowledging the rational people around here.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 11:28 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Three to seven million to be a back up sounds about right.  And so much for wanting to be a starter.  He must have really wanted out of Cincy to take an over 80% pay cut.  That's what I call a home town discount right there.

I guess he figure the chances of him getting the $17 million this year were pretty slim.  

And Andy might still believe he will have a better chance to start in Dallas than in Cincinnati even if it is next year.  Dallas can not afford to pay all of their stars.  Someone will have to go.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 12:29 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: $3 million, i guess he didnt want to stay in Cincinnati after all. $7million if he takes them to the super bowl.

No, he has an opportunity to start there, unlike here.  Without a new deal, there is a chance Prescott holds out and Andy will get the gig for this season before hitting the open market at the start of FA without a ton of other vets on the market as happened this season.  While it sounds as if the team and Prescott are far apart in contract dollars, the economic impact of the pandemic could make it much worse, as games played without fans in the stadiums will cause a contraction of the salary cap.  So even if they manage to get things close, they now have to worry about a structure that can prevent them having to cut a bunch of guys to stay under the cap next year because Dak's already astronomical number increases.  So there is a legitimate shot of Andy taking the field in Dallas.  Here, he is guaranteed he would only take the field for preseason and/or a Burrow injury.
Reply/Quote
I didn't read all the pages because I'm seeing a familiar trend:

QB not named Andy does good on a good team=QB not very good
QB named Andy does bad on a bad team=QB is good

There's as much of a chance of Andy starting in Dallas as their was NE giving us a 2nd Rounder for him.
The dude took a $14 MIL pay cut to be close to home.

Why do the QBs that want to part ways with us always go back home?

Boomer-NY
Carson-Cali
Andy TX
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 11:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't read all the pages because I'm seeing a familiar trend:

QB not named Andy does good on a good team=QB not very good
QB named Andy does bad on a bad team=QB is good

There's as much of a chance of Andy starting in Dallas as their was NE giving us a 2nd Rounder for him.
The dude took a $14 MIL pay cut to be close to home.

Why do the QBs that want to part ways with us always go back home?

Boomer-NY
Carson-Cali
Andy TX

I guess this means Andy's last stop will have to be in AZ.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

He won't start over Dak.  But he might start instead of Dak if he holds out, which keeps looking more like a possibility.  Jerry's not exactly frantically trying to sign him and Dak is not rushing to sign the tag.  It's a Texican standoff.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 11:27 AM)sandwedge Wrote: You can say the word "right" on here....
I was thinking 'rong'.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 11:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I guess he figure the chances of him getting the $17 million this year were pretty slim.  

And Andy might still believe he will have a better chance to start in Dallas than in Cincinnati even if it is next year.  Dallas can not afford to pay all of their stars.  Someone will have to go.

What were the chances of Andy getting $3-7M from the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 12:00 PM)McC Wrote: He won't start over Dak.  But he might start instead of Dak if he holds out, which keeps looking more like a possibility.  Jerry's not exactly frantically trying to sign him and Dak is not rushing to sign the tag.  It's a Texican standoff.

There's no reason for either side to rush. It's not like Dak is missing OTA's or getting fined for missing mandatories. Jerry may has signed Andy to motivate Dak to return to the negotiation table, but both sides know nobody is losing anything at this point
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 11:28 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Three to seven million to be a back up sounds about right.  And so much for wanting to be a starter.  He must have really wanted out of Cincy to take an over 80% pay cut.  That's what I call a home town discount right there.

It was pretty late in the offseason to be finding a starting job. He might have had a chance if he had been cut at the start of FA.

As it stands now, he still has a chance of starting if Dak refuses to play on his franchise tag. He also doesn't have to move (he already owns a home there) and he gets to be back around his family. 

Plus if he does get to play he will have 2 All-Pro OL, an All-Pro RB, a 4x Pro Bowl WR (somehow Amari Cooper is still only 26 in 2020?), and a 17th overall pick WR. It's a pretty sweet setup as far as supporting cast goes.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 12:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What were the chances of Andy getting $3-7M from the Bengals?

I have no clue.
Reply/Quote
I see most of you are talking about Dalton starting if Dak holds out.

I don't think Dak will hold out, but he may play under the tag and be gone next year. That is when Dalton would get a chance to start. The Cowboys would have the flexibility to draft a QB that neeeds a year to develope because they would already have the bridge in place.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 11:07 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: A top 5 QB who went 8-8 with a good team?

Happy for him...nothing but a class act all the way and will miss that. Just a little  bit of a headscratcher because all along he said he wanted to go and start somewhere else. ....which begs the question maybe this Dak impass is worse then we are hearing?    
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 12:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's no reason for either side to rush. It's not like Dak is missing OTA's or getting fined for missing mandatories. Jerry may has signed Andy to motivate Dak to return to the negotiation table, but both sides know nobody is losing anything at this point

True.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 10:15 PM)Trademark Wrote: He’s signed a 1 year deal with the Dallas Cowboys

Great news! I live about 1/2 miles from the Cowboys Ring of Honor at their corporate HQ and practice facility in Frisco Texas. I hope to bump into him this year!
From my distant perch, Dalton appeared a class act who left Cincinnati a better place than he arrived. For a second round pick, he was a great pick by the Bengals.
Reply/Quote