Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton finds a new team. Congrats
(05-03-2020, 01:14 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Bengals screwed AD by not cutting him 1st day of FA. AD has too much class to be a Palmer, but why would he ever work for MB again?

My hope for AD is he gets a starting gig in the AFC next year, hopefully Steelers or Pats. He deserves chance to start for a great fan base.

Okay now that's going just a little too damn far... isn't it?!?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 11:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You don’t start a guy with a career rating 87.5 over a guy with a rating of 97.0.

Dalton posted a 106 passer rating with less talent than Dak had last year.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 02:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton posted a 106 passer rating with less talent than Dak had last year.

dak had all of his weapons and Dalton did not!!! neither one of them have been to the promised land so Dalton is no better or worse than prescott!

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 01:14 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Bengals screwed AD by not cutting him 1st day of FA. AD has too much class to be a Palmer, but why would he ever work for MB again?

My hope for AD is he gets a starting gig in the AFC next year, hopefully Steelers or Pats. He deserves chance to start for a great fan base.

The Bengals were trying to get something out of their investment. It's understandable. 

Dalton always treated the Bengals fair, the Bengals always treated Dalton fair. It was just time to move on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd take a rejuvenated Dalton at 17M (yes 17 million) - over a despondent Dak at 32M any day of the week. :andy:

That they got him for what they did is insane. Andy will light it up like it's 2015.

Dallas won off season

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 12:29 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: I don't know.  I think the man wants like 40 million a year.  I can't imagine a 4th round pick not signing already.  Jesus how much money does a man need? 

I have been getting by on $500 the last month waiting for my damn stimulus check which has yet to come and I still can't re open my business.  Can't get unemployment to go through.  Yet this guy needs more than $30 million per....

F*** Dak

Let me point out that you just said Andy Dalton, a guy who has like $100,000,000 due to his ability to throw a football, is a class act, but f*** Dak for wanting a big contract. 

Also, getting on a QB's arse for wanting $40 million a year may seem wise now, but if Joe Burrow turns out to be as good as we want him to be we're going to have to stomach paying him damn near $50 million a year in 2025. Brace yourself to hate on Burrow!*

*or we could just stop getting bent out of shape over other people's bank accounts
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 02:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton posted a 106 passer rating with less talent than Dak had last year.

And that year's MVP is a FA no one has touched yet.  As Chad & Jeremy once sang "That was yesterday, and yesterday's gone."
Reply/Quote
He was worth up to 6 mil as a backup by my guesstimation.  I wonder how much of the "up to 7 mil" is comprised of escalators.  The Cowboys absolutely murdered the draft and now they have Dalton.  I've spent a fair amount of my life despising how obnoxious Cowboys fans are, their overrated owner, their dirty embarrassment of a city, and their entire goofy state(aside from the food)...but man.  Good luck to Dalton's Cowboys(Dak's/Jerry's Cowboys can go suck a dusty cow teat =P ).
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 03:40 AM)Nately120 Wrote: And that year's MVP is a FA no one has touched yet.  As Chad & Jeremy once sang "That was yesterday, and yesterday's gone."

You need to educate yourself on the difference in health issues between that MVP and Dalton.

And also tell Pdub not to bring up career passer rating.
Reply/Quote
Red Rifle needs to change his name. That one belongs in Cincy. How about The Rifleman who was a cowboy?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Now we see what A. Dalton does with an offensive line and a consistent RB.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 02:16 AM)RASCAL Wrote: whoever said dak prescott was top 5 qbs last year is a joke. He was ranked 13th. Hell even baker mayfly was ranked higher!. NO WAY is he worth 35 million per year!! NO WAY IN HELL!!!

Mayfield had less yards, less td's and more int's and won less games.  On what planet was he ranked higher?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Damn, went from one of the worst OL in the league the last couple years to one with 3 All-Pros on it. Good for Andy.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 08:55 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Damn, went from one of the worst OL in the league the last couple years to one with 3 All-Pros on it. Good for Andy.

Maybe they could bring Piano Man back so he can handle the transition?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It will be an interesting situation to watch. Soap opera level...will Dak hold out? will the pro-Dak locker room guys support Andy? will the Andy Dalton led Dallas Cowboys beat the Joe Burrow led Bengals?

One thing for sure is that by adding Andy, the Cowboys are right up there with the Saints with tbe best QB rooms in the NFL

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 11:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Let's hope we have fans in the stands, so we can give him a warm ovation when  Dallas returns.

Let's hope Cincinnati shows some class and cheers him for all he did for this franchise and for being the all time leader, instead of booing him like they did at a charity softball game. It's always been amazing to me how quickly some people throw away any bit of class they may have been raised with over sports. I'm beyond happy for Andy and JJ. Going home to their home state to play for one of the best known franchises in the world. Andy has to be on cloud 9. 
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 10:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Let's hope Cincinnati shows some class and cheers him for all he did for this franchise and for being the all time leader, instead of booing him like they did at a charity softball game. It's always been amazing to me how quickly some people throw away any bit of class they may have been raised with over sports.

It's pretty amusing that Dalton hit a home run after he was booed at GABP.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm just glad he's out of the AFC so I can root for the guy without it being a negative to the Bengals.

Presume he's gone for the hometown connections, but a bit of a weird move... I thought he wanted to leave for a starting gig? I definitely think he can start over Dak, but no way the Cowboys go into week 1 and bench Dak. I am assuming they re-sign him..
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 03:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Let me point out that you just said Andy Dalton, a guy who has like $100,000,000 due to his ability to throw a football, is a class act, but f*** Dak for wanting a big contract. 

Also, getting on a QB's arse for wanting $40 million a year may seem wise now, but if Joe Burrow turns out to be as good as we want him to be we're going to have to stomach paying him damn near $50 million a year in 2025. Brace yourself to hate on Burrow!*

*or we could just stop getting bent out of shape over other people's bank accounts

Oh we gon' hate on Burrow at some point. It's the Circle of Life for a Bengals player.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Anyone that thinks there's a snow balls chance in hell Andy starts over Dak is tetering dangerously close to being...well I won't say the r word here.
Reply/Quote